Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebecca is a very serious prepper. We brought "roughly" 20'ish serious preppers to this forum three or four years ago. Most have faded away. Some stop in occasionally. This is a great forum, but other than when there is widespread alarm or deep concern about an actual or perceived condition, prepping is a low interest subject on this forum.

Rebecca is a very serious prepper. We brought "roughly" 20'ish serious preppers to this forum three or four years ago. Most have faded away. Some stop in occasionally. This is a great forum, but other than when there is widespread alarm or deep concern about an actual or perceived condition, prepping is a low interest subject on this forum.
I don't think anyone can blame this forum for not being more suited for "serious preppers" - after all that is not the nameplate subject matter here. There are some parallels between prepping and homesteading, but they are not the same thing. I think we all accepted we were along for the ride.

However, this place is also not meant to be about politics or conspiracy theories either......and while many people think preppers are all crazy, in my experience, the really serious ones are not. I suspect that many of the serious preppers that were drawn here a while back, were driven away by the volume of crazy conspiracy threads.

IMHO, Homesteading is a full blown lifestyle. Pepping can be as well, but it is limited in scope. Homesteading covers most aspects of prepping, and quite a lot more.
I love hearing the way die-hard preppers prep, gives me food for thought on things I can do. But I also love hearing stories like Urban and his gardening escapades, or Viking and his solar system, or Grimm and Amish and their animals, and I can't leave out Peanut and his herbal meds.

To be clear I am happy with this forum. But prepping is way out in front the subject that interests me the most.

To be clear I am happy with this forum. But prepping is way out in front the subject that interests me the most.
Me, too. In fact, when this forum started, I was concerned that prepping wouldn't be a topic that could or would be discussed much. It was prepping that got me into PS and why I continued over here.

Rebecca is a very serious prepper. We brought "roughly" 20'ish serious preppers to this forum three or four years ago.
All due respect, who's to say there aren't 'serious preppers' here? Some of us openly admit we have a ways to go, but I have no idea where I am in comparison to anyone else. Which makes me wonder what a 'serious prepper' is. Although, that question might be better addressed in the prepper sub-forum under a new topic thread.

All due respect, who's to say there aren't 'serious preppers' here?
WHO exactly said, "there aren't 'serious preppers' here"?

There are serious preppers on this forum, and Rebecca is for sure one of them.

,,, I suspect that many of the serious preppers that were drawn here a while back, were driven away by the volume of crazy conspiracy threads.

OTOH, One man's "conspiracy theory" is Another man's Reason to Prep even Harder.. :cool: Perspectives can mean a world of difference in how one reacts to such 'existential' threats, but regardless, Some Facts are Facts..

'Bat Boy' and the Child-sacrificing Shape-Shifters from Molechtanistan, well.. That very well may be a horse of a different color, tho.. :p

jd

OT - Wassup with the Hashbrowns? 🤔 Ya'll right down there in the Peckerwoods? 🤓

OTOH, One man's "conspiracy theory" is Another man's Reason to Prep even Harder.. :cool: Perspectives can mean a world of difference in how one reacts to such 'existential' threats, but regardless, Some Facts are Facts..

'Bat Boy' and the Child-sacrificing Shape-Shifters from Molechtanistan, well.. That very well may be a horse of a different color, tho.. :p

jd

OT - Wassup with the Hashbrowns? 🤔 Ya'll right down there in the Peckerwoods? 🤓
Yep - conspiracy theories are on a spectrum.

Just try not to wake up one morning on the very end of that spectrum.

My Dad has passed this last week.
My uncle passed two weeks before my Dad did.
My cousin passed the night before my Dad's service.
Oh dear!
Many prayers for you and your family Mo 🙏
I have no words for all that only if you were here or I was there, I would give you a big hug and make you a cup of coffee.
♥️

Latest posts

Back