Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is @Magus?
Should we have 'passed the hat' to get him a PC that isn't junk?:dunno:
I've been posting more than normal to try to fill in for his absence, but am running low on whacky stuff.:(

Yep, I originally met Tank and Sewing a fews years back on that British homemaker forum. Invited them over here because they were talking about pantries, and at that time, they were being pooh pooed over being "hoarders". Then I'd see Sewing post in comments on The Bluebirds Are Nesting on the Farm blog, but haven't seen her post in a very long time.

Where is @Magus?
At one time he posted some specs on his computer (I'm pretty sure it was @Magus who posted that, IIRC). His PC had better specs than mine. I seem to remember 64Gb of RAM as one spec. That's quite healthy, even for a RAM hungry Windows box. With that much memkory, I would boot off of a thumbdrive, loading the entire OS into RAM. Then I'd remove the thumbdrive. No hard disk to worry about corrupting during power problems. If you DO need to "save something to disk", stick the thumbdrive back in, write to it, then remove it again. Or save it online to Google Drive or something. It might be a bit of a hassle doing things this way, but you'd be in pretty good shape for power disturbances. Not 100% protected, but you'd be sitting pretty good for a rapid recovery to get back online.

My guess has been that he needs a very good surge suppressor, or better yet a UPC, or even a line conditioner. Or run from a laptop on battery, not AC power. Remove the battery (or use a spare) and charge that outside of the laptop. My gut tells me his problems are due to incoming AC power that is far from "clean", not a dilapidated PC. I don't know of course, but that's my gut instinct based on how often he seems to run into problems.

At one time he posted some specs on his computer (I'm pretty sure it was @Magus who posted that, IIRC).

My guess has been that he needs a very good surge suppressor, or better yet a UPC, or even a line conditioner. Or run from a laptop on battery, not AC power. Remove the battery (or use a spare) and charge that outside of the laptop. My gut tells me his problems are due to incoming AC power that is far from "clean", not a dilapidated PC. I don't know of course, but that's my gut instinct based on how often he seems to run into problems.
I think a big dose of McAfee would probably be a good foundation for his next PC because he goes to a lot of weird websites that show up as "Unavailable" when he posts links to them. :(

Where is @Magus?
I've been posting more than normal to try to fill in for his absence, but am running low on whacky stuff.:(
He's trying to cure his computer ailments and hopefully will be back soon!!

How are you feeling??
Not bad, I had congestion pretty bad in my bronchial tubes and have managed to loosen that up and get it moving, I'm just gonna curl up with Kenna and nap, lol. Still got a runny nose and am a bit lethargic.

Not bad, I had congestion pretty bad in my bronchial tubes and have managed to loosen that up and get it moving, I'm just gonna curl up with Kenna and nap, lol. Still got a runny nose and am a bit lethargic.
Look after yourself- and when you start to feel better, don't overdo it- it really sets you back. Speaking from experience, my Dad has had a setback also; finally agreed to go to the doctor today.
Best wishes!

I have been repairing sewing machines for the wife and have been thinking about @Sewingcreations15 I have not seen any posts from them for quite a while, but I also see her user handle is now dormant, would like to know what happened.
In fact I don't think I have seen many posts from the folks down-under in a while.
I know that @Tank-Girl was sick and going back in the hospital and then things went silent there.
Sewingcreations 15 husband had major surgery. She was stepping back to take care of his needs.
Tank Girl was gravely ill.

Wasn't @Grimm distracted with moving a family plus rabbits?

Ben
And 3 dogs and 4 cats.

K has his meeting with a Texas firm the first week of Feb. Hopefully we move a month after.

I sent AMC a PM about Magus, hopefully back soon! I think Frodo has his phone number!! Sojer??
Yes I have his number if anyone wants it
We are not seeing eye to eye right now

I had sojers number but Misplaced it

Latest posts

Back