Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to guess, I'd say she might have been run off by the anti medical establishment crowd. She received some pretty bad, mean and unwarranted abuse. I hope she comes back. Maybe she's just busy building her new place. She provides some very knowledgeable advice and insight.
Are they still here?The ones who were anti medical(cyberbullies)?

If I had to guess, I'd say she might have been run off by the anti medical establishment crowd. She received some pretty bad, mean and unwarranted abuse. I hope she comes back. Maybe she's just busy building her new place. She provides some very knowledgeable advice and insight.
In another forum I belong to, a great poster was driven off because she was a teacher. People would tell her to quit putting liberal ideas in children’s minds. She taught math. She and her husband were bullied right out of the forum.

I'm still trying to catch up on the forums.
Haven't seen several people are they lurking or have they left completely?
Terri,but her daughter was ill. And they were building their new place.
Squirrellhunter, Double R,Grimm
But sometimes life gets in the way.
I communicated with DoubleR a long time ago, and she will not be returning. She left about the same time as Phideaux. I miss them both, but we should not expect to see them here.

I communicated with DoubleR a long time ago, and she will not be returning. She left about the same time as Phideaux. I miss them both, but we should not expect to see them here.
Does anyone know why they left? Phideaux was in another forum I was in and I think he left there, too. But the other forum was just getting too political.

My impression, from talking to both, is that they didn't like the direction that things were moving. Covid really splintered this forum up, and I know several members made personal attacks on Jim because he had been vaccinated and felt it was beneficial to him. There were other things with both of them that I can't comment on because I don't think I understand the full story. If I understood them correctly, neither of them participate on any forums any more...

That is a darn shame. Many people got vaxxed, and I firmly believe it is their body, and their choice. I just don't like when the mandates took affect. I know many police officers who were fired since they refused the mandates. That I do not agree with.
I got the shots because of my Dad's health issues.
I was his care giver.
I also know police officers who were fired because of mandates.
Now those cities, townships can't find officers to fill those positions.

My impression, from talking to both, is that they didn't like the direction that things were moving. Covid really splintered this forum up, and I know several members made personal attacks on Jim because he had been vaccinated and felt it was beneficial to him. There were other things with both of them that I can't comment on because I don't think I understand the full story. If I understood them correctly, neither of them participate on any forums any more...
I agree. There were fierce debates in vaccinating. I did because I worked at a hospital and it was mandated as was the regular flu vaccine. But now that I’m retired, I did not get vaccinated the last two years and I’ve had COVID twice since then. 🤷‍♀️. Political discussions also drive people away. We had a wonderful guy in the gun forum I’m an admin on who was bullied off the forum because he had an unpopular voting stance. Why can’t people just let others be who they are? Not everyone has to think the same as I do. Actually, none of my business.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this. Dr. Jenner's one of the people I was looking forward to 'seeing' again when I came back. :(
I recall one member stating they didn't believe Dr. J was a real doctor. If I recall correctly it was because Dr. J wasn't anti vax. It got really testy around here...

Are they still here?The ones who were anti medical(cyberbullies)?

Covid really splintered this forum up, and I know several members made personal attacks on Jim because he had been vaccinated

Same group. Still here.

I consider this forum to be anti-vax based on the "feedback" (that's a nice way to put it) I get when I express my opinion, which is not anti-vax. True, it's only a few members doing this ... but they are very forceful in stating their opinions. I stick around here (doesn't matter, since I was told I'll die soon anyway - because I was vaccinated), but I'm afraid others may have been driven away.

......and this place (and maybe all the forums on the web) are likely to get worse in the lead up to the election........

We have had a big surge in new memberships/arrivals.......on one level that is a good thing......but on another it depends upon what those people are like and indeed who they really are.

At least some (or is it even most) of them seem to be here mostly for politics.

Some of us predicted that things would get weird in the lead up to November......and it looks to have started.

I am a homesteader/farmer.....so I guess that means I belong here......but I sometimes wonder why a homesteading forum would become flooded with politics and nutjob conspiracy theories.

Dr Jenner was a newly minted homesteader too and was actively building a real homestead.....so she belonged here too - arguably more so than some of those that drove her off.

I recall one member stating they didn't believe Dr. J was a real doctor. If I recall correctly it was because Dr. J wasn't anti vax. It got really testy around here...
I’ve worked all my life in a hospital lab. I can tell you the vast majority of doctors are PRO vax. My doctor tells me I should get some vaccinations. It is up to me to decide if I want to or not. She respects my choices.
......and this place (and maybe all the forums on the web) are likely to get worse in the lead up to the election........

We have had a big surge in new memberships/arrivals.......on one level that is a good thing......but on another it depends upon what those people are like and indeed who they really are.

At least some (or is it even most) of them seem to be here mostly for politics.

Some of us predicted that things would get weird in the lead up to November......and it looks to have started.

I am a homesteader/farmer.....so I guess that means I belong here......but I sometimes wonder why a homesteading forum would become flooded with politics and nutjob conspiracy theories.

Dr Jenner was a newly minted homesteader too and was actively building a real homestead.....so she belonged here too - arguably more so than some of those that drove her off.
Yes, politics can get pretty rough. Everyone wants you to believe exactly as you do. And I refuse to use any name calling like “demoncrats”. Pretty immature if you ask me.

arguably more so than some of those that drove her off
We don't know that she was driven off. I just proposed that as my theory, based on what I saw some members do to her. I'm hoping that she's just really busy between building her new homestead and working, and will return when she's able. But I would not be surprised if my theory of bullying were true - I pretty much bet that it is - but I can't prove that. Dr. Jenner is obviously well established and intelligent, and can stand up to attacks from the ignorant with ease.

Same group. Still here.

I consider this forum to be anti-vax based on the "feedback" (that's a nice way to put it) I get when I express my opinion, which is not anti-vax. True, it's only a few members doing this ... but they are very forceful in stating their opinions. I stick around here (doesn't matter, since I was told I'll die soon anyway - because I was vaccinated), but I'm afraid others may have been driven away.
I was told by one person that I was okay with killing people :rolleyes: I mostly just ignore that person now, but I did take a couple weeks off. Being attacked gets old and none of us need that.

I was told by one person that I was okay with killing people :rolleyes: I mostly just ignore that person now, but I did take a couple weeks off. Being attacked gets old and none of us need that.
If you see this, please report it. We don't need that kind of talk in here.

I'm wondering if they just aren't wrapped up in building their homestead. I know she had talked about multiple projects they were doing. And she works at a hospital as well
And her (adult) children just moved back to the area.

I'm wondering if they just aren't wrapped up in building their homestead. I know she had talked about multiple projects they were doing. And she works at a hospital as well
When people leave,,,,,they often have more than one reason.

But busy people are less likely to leave and more likely to come back if they were not being hammered.

so all you need to do is opt out of responding to those posts.
The problem is, sometimes snide responses follow you into other subforums. Basically, if you have ever made a post disagreeing with the group-think viewpoint in certain subforums, you are marked wherever you go. But only from a handful of members really. I have only seen these permanent marks following thoughts posted about covid, vaccines, and the medical and scientific establishments. Politics tend to trigger intense discussions, but not permanent marks like the other things I mentioned. So while your advice to opt out of those subforums and/or responding to the contrary in any covid, vaccine or anti-vax thread is valid - it's too late for many of us. Those subforums are not for discussions - they are for viewpoint validation only. A few members were smarter than us less observant members, saw what was happening earlier, and left.

Why can’t people just let others be who they are? Not everyone has to think the same as I do. Actually, none of my business.
I refuse to discuss politics, here or anywhere. I have a neighbor who tried to tell me who I NEEDED to vote for!!! Like I can't decide who I want to vote for? People who try to bring up politics to me get told that politics is a topic not to be discussed. You have strong opinions about political issues? Great! I don't care what they are!! I don't want to hear about it.

I think I've told about a woman I met whose husband had recently died. Holidays came around and I asked if she was going to see her children. Her daughter was married and his parents always hosted. But she was not invited because her husband ALWAYS had to discuss politics, and he was on the opposite side of the son-in-laws family and by the time the day was over, everyone was so angry. So you are invited to someone else's house for a nice meal and you have to be a jerk because your political beliefs are that important to you? And politics is so important that you HAVE to discuss it, no matter the situation?? I wouldn't want you there either!

Another topic not to discuss? Religion!!!

I refuse to discuss politics, here or anywhere. I have a neighbor who tried to tell me who I NEEDED to vote for!!! Like I can't decide who I want to vote for? People who try to bring up politics to me get told that politics is a topic not to be discussed. You have strong opinions about political issues? Great! I don't care what they are!! I don't want to hear about it.

I think I've told about a woman I met whose husband had recently died. Holidays came around and I asked if she was going to see her children. Her daughter was married and his parents always hosted. But she was not invited because her husband ALWAYS had to discuss politics, and he was on the opposite side of the son-in-laws family and by the time the day was over, everyone was so angry. So you are invited to someone else's house for a nice meal and you have to be a jerk because your political beliefs are that important to you? And politics is so important that you HAVE to discuss it, no matter the situation?? I wouldn't want you there either!

Another topic not to discuss? Religion!!!
For most of human history, people could make uncontroversial small talk about the weather......but now the modern world is so messed up, that we can't even talk about the weather without it getting political.

Latest posts

Back