Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For most of human history, people could make uncontroversial small talk about the weather......but now the modern world is so messed up, that we can't even talk about the weather without it getting political.
Exactly. Want to talk about weather? Let’s discuss climate change. 🤣

My impression, from talking to both, is that they didn't like the direction that things were moving. Covid really splintered this forum up, and I know several members made personal attacks on Jim because he had been vaccinated and felt it was beneficial to him. There were other things with both of them that I can't comment on because I don't think I understand the full story. If I understood them correctly, neither of them participate on any forums any more...
Jim deleted all of his Youtube content as well.

Ben

......and this place (and maybe all the forums on the web) are likely to get worse in the lead up to the election........

We have had a big surge in new memberships/arrivals.......on one level that is a good thing......but on another it depends upon what those people are like and indeed who they really are.

At least some (or is it even most) of them seem to be here mostly for politics.

Some of us predicted that things would get weird in the lead up to November......and it looks to have started.

I am a homesteader/farmer.....so I guess that means I belong here......but I sometimes wonder why a homesteading forum would become flooded with politics and nutjob conspiracy theories.

Dr Jenner was a newly minted homesteader too and was actively building a real homestead.....so she belonged here too - arguably more so than some of those that drove her off.
I agree with you with a lot of what you said.
They're here for the politics and to cause "Drama".
And what is with all those You tube videos?
I was reading a thread last night , this one individual had about 5-10 or more you tube videos in every category of that thread. If I want to watch You tube, I'll go to You tube.

If I want to watch You tube, I'll go to You tube.

I don't mind that too much. Most of the posted Youtube links I don't end up watching. Not unless they look interesting to me, of if they are supporting information for the other side of a "discussion" I am having with someone. No need posting an hour long video though - chances are very slim I'm going to watch that.

There is a lot of stuff on Youtube that is not always easy to find. And often, I never even think to look for it. So when one of those type of links is brought to my attention, I am grateful.

I don't mind that too much. Most of the posted Youtube links I don't end up watching. Not unless they look interesting to me, of if they are supporting information for the other side of a "discussion" I am having with someone. No need posting an hour long video though - chances are very slim I'm going to watch that.

There is a lot of stuff on Youtube that is not always easy to find. And often, I never even think to look for it. So when one of those type of links is brought to my attention, I am grateful.
love learning new things, and yes you tube has a lot of information.And I do enjoy some of the quirky stuff.
But I just think and this is my opinion 5-10 you tube videos for each and every thread of a forum is a bit much.
Again just my opinion, most of them I just scroll by.

I didn't know there was a prob for Dr. J. Feel bad about this, shouldn't have happened. She was a fine lady and an asset to us all. 😞

That said, I avoid some topics like the plaque. I might read a post or two and usually regret that, especially repeat topics. We all know pretty much where we stand on most major issues, why discuss them repeatedly? Funny, sometimes there's a new aspect/info on a topic that gets posted but seems it's quickly ignored and the old debate picks up right where it left off. :rolleyes:

Being as guilty as anyone... i can sadly say, there is a difference in stating differing view on a subject and insulting whoever posted the other one. I've worked hard on that very thing the last couple of years. Usually write out my posts in a document, edit, change. I even edit them after i post sometimes.

Last edited:
I think @Grimm is moving right now so I imagine pretty busy ♥️ Hoping she doesn't forget about us but sure understand the time issue.
We are in Texas right now. Just got to the second motel. One more night after this in a motel then we will be at the new place in Gun Barrel City.

Enjoy the rain and humidity, east Tx is known for that!! Glad you made it out of hell!! WOW, y'all got out!!♥️
I grew up in Rowlett. I am very familiar with the weather.

I agree with you with a lot of what you said.
They're here for the politics and to cause "Drama".
And what is with all those You tube videos?
I was reading a thread last night , this one individual had about 5-10 or more you tube videos in every category of that thread. If I want to watch You tube, I'll go to You tube.
It might be me. The videos about the water levels in California are something that I share because they say much more than I could.

I wonder how many people stop posting because of computer issues. I have stopped posting on some forum ( like a goat forum I was on) because I forgot my user id and password, and when I put my email in it didn't recognize it, and it was just a hassle thinking of a new password and user id to start over, and explain who I was before....I probably will at some point, but like any forum there was very little useful info to find at some point, and I just didn't bother.
Isn't this why Magus left? Computer issues?

as for politics and religion: if you don't like what other people think about those thing, you shouldn't post in those sections if you get offended easy ( you as in general not anyone specific). I get irritated by personal attacks that don't really add to the discussion but again, if I don't like it, I just stop posting to that

I wonder how many people stop posting because of computer issues. I have stopped posting on some forum ( like a goat forum I was on) because I forgot my user id and password, and when I put my email in it didn't recognize it, and it was just a hassle thinking of a new password and user id to start over, and explain who I was before....I probably will at some point, but like any forum there was very little useful info to find at some point, and I just didn't bother.
Isn't this why Magus left? Computer issues?

as for politics and religion: if you don't like what other people think about those thing, you shouldn't post in those sections if you get offended easy ( you as in general not anyone specific). I get irritated by personal attacks that don't really add to the discussion but again, if I don't like it, I just stop posting to that
I have a rolodex just for all of my log in information. If I didn't have the rolodex, I would use a small notebook or address book to store all of my passwords. Just yesterday, I had to search for my Craigslist password.

I have a rolodex just for all of my log in information. If I didn't have the rolodex, I would use a small notebook or address book to store all of my passwords. Just yesterday, I had to search for my Craigslist password.
good for yoU! I am not that organized...
I make a new password somewhere, and then I can't find a pen to write it down, or I write it on a piece of scrap paper and it never makes my list of passwords. And then they make you change your password and I cross it off the list but now the list is full and I start a new one LOL, it just never ends with the password crap

good for yoU! I am not that organized...
I make a new password somewhere, and then I can't find a pen to write it down, or I write it on a piece of scrap paper and it never makes my list of passwords. And then they make you change your password and I cross it off the list but now the list is full and I start a new one LOL, it just never ends with the password crap
I use one of those old metal telephone /address thing a bob's.
You can stash lots of useful information in there.
Then I slide it in desk drawer.
Forgotten, until the next time I need it.

I use one of those old metal telephone /address thing a bob's.
You can stash lots of useful information in there.
Then I slide it in desk drawer.
Forgotten, until the next time I need it.
It saves me lots of frustration. I do try to remember my passwords, but I have a few that I have used over the years, and some of them have ! at the end, or some other something that is requested. Honestly, I would never be able to log in if I didn't have them written down. I have tried to remember my passwords many times and I never can.

It might be me. The videos about the water levels in California are something that I share because they say much more than I could.
lots of good info in last video..especially about waterflow and waterflow out he told about...cutting flow out is why its rising..coupled with more inflow too...they had to change..if not it already be lower.

Latest posts

Back