Deep Thoughts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
1657313326180.png

Cat food is very high in protein with low carbs while dog food is opposite.

“A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering is great or little. Therefore the 'size' of human suffering is absolutely relative.”

― Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

“Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him. By his love he is enabled to see the essential traits and features in the beloved person; and even more, he sees that which is potential in him, which is not yet actualized but yet ought to be actualized. Furthermore, by his love, the loving person enables the beloved person to actualize these potentialities. By making him aware of what he can be and of what he should become, he makes these potentialities come true.”

― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

“It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life—daily and hourly. Our answer must consist, not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual.”

― Viktor E. Frankl,
Man's Search for Meaning

“By declaring that man is responsible and must actualize the potential meaning of his life, I wish to stress that the true meaning of life is to be discovered in the world rather than within man or his own psyche, as though it were a closed system. I have termed this constitutive characteristic "the self-transcendence of human existence." It denotes the fact that being human always points, and is directed, to something or someone, other than oneself--be it a meaning to fulfill or another human being to encounter. The more one forgets himself--by giving himself to a cause to serve or another person to love--the more human he is and the more he actualizes himself. What is called self-actualization is not an attainable aim at all, for the simple reason that the more one would strive for it, the more he would miss it. In other words, self-actualization is possible only as a side-effect of self-transcendence.”

― Viktor E. Frankl,
Man's Search for Meaning

“A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering is great or little. Therefore the 'size' of human suffering is absolutely relative.”

I wholeheartedly agree .......... Wait a minute .... He was referring to human intestinal gas wernt he!?!?

I wholeheartedly agree .......... Wait a minute .... He was referring to human intestinal gas wernt he!?!?

I suppose if intestinal gas is the only thing that comes to your mind, you have led a very easy existence.

Viktor Frankl spent three years in the Nazi concentration camps.

I seriously doubt that during that time there was enough food in his belly to generate intestinal gas.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A pro Joe rally.

If Joe gives a speech and nobody hears it, did he give a speech or was he talking to himself again?

If Joe gives a speech and nobody hears it, did he give a speech or was he talking to himself again?

Sadly, his lapdogs in the media still fawn over his every word and saturate the airwaves with it.

And I doubt if Joe knows whether or not he was giving a speech or talking to himself.

He is doing good just to keep from drooling all over himself.

1657563109135.png

Ceci n’est pas une pipe. (“This is not a pipe.”)

Latest posts

Back