DICKS !...........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

303tom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Dicks Sporting Goods just announced they will NO longer sell assault style rifle or high cap mags !...........

I don't know anyone that's ever bought a gun at Dick's. I'm sure people do. I guess we're just lucky here in central PA, there are enough great LGSs that have great selections (or will get you what you want) and better prices.

Dick’s sucks. Poor selection. Meh prices. I shop elsewhere.

FB_IMG_1519836705178.jpg

I just posted a response to a very similar thread on another forum I visit. Shamelessly copying and re-posting that response verbatim here:
=-=-=-=-

This is actually good news for the mom and pop gun shops. And for customers as well. People complain that the big box stores are killing main street retail. I think it's a good thing for the big boxes to take themselves out of the picture. Have you seen the selection of firearms at a D I C K S store? It's pitiful. They don't sell handguns - never have that I have observed in my state. I guess those are "too evil" also. I certainly don't want to have to choose from D I C K S meager offerings if they manage to run the mom and pops out of business. And many of their guns are "Only at D I C K S !" specials. Which pretty much means that they had the manufacturer strip off several features to meet a low price point. They don't tell you that in their ads. They lead you on to believe that the "Model XYZ" at their store is the same as the normal Model XYZ that you'd buy at a normal gun store. Not true.

Of all the stores I'd like to see exit (or get kicked out of) the gun business, first in line is D I C K S, second in line is Walmart. These guys don't support the firearms community. You may even say that they are trying to destroy it. They're in it for the profit only. Good riddance IMHO.

Learn to look at things that you might initially think are a negative, as the positives that they really are. e.g., I am really hoping that the liberals keep Pelosi as their leader. And I hope that they give their members like Waters the microphone more often. Only positive things can come from more public exposure of these and others like them. Take the gifts that are handed to you and say a gracious "Thanks!" D I C K S is offering a gift.

Never bought a gun from em, but I have bought stuff from em, BUT NO MORE !...................

I stopped at LGS last night and checked out a bubbed swede, told Bill I would give him a 100 bucks for just the barreled action, he said he would think about it !..................

I stopped at LGS last night and checked out a bubbed swede, told Bill I would give him a 100 bucks for just the barreled action, he said he would think about it !..................

gotta ask. What is a bubbed swede?

Wrong.

You need to re-read the article you posted, which this excerpt comes from:

- Assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles, will no longer be sold. Stacks noted that the company had already removed them from all Dick's stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but they will now be removed from all 35 Field & Stream stores.

Wrong.

You need to re-read the article you posted, which this excerpt comes from:

- Assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles, will no longer be sold. Stacks noted that the company had already removed them from all Dick's stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but they will now be removed from all 35 Field & Stream stores.

Yea I re-read it. I stand corrected .

I can build better ones then the ones they sold so it's no big lose. Lol

I can build better ones then the ones they sold so it's no big loss. Lol
I fully support Dick's decision not to sell whatever they please.
Like their decision not to sell corn dogs.
Where did you get these? They taste like Dicks.:lol:

I buy hunting gear there and field and stream who is owned by dicks. Not guns and ammo though. Never again will I shop there.

I quit the littthe shopping I did there when they did this same thing after Sandy Hook. Their selection sucks and they ate overpriced anyway. Not surprised by this action at all. Good riddance....

I've never even been in a Dick's place,no reason to start now,but we do have a Dick's Pizza Palace here,no association with the gun store though :D

Several Dick's employees are in the news for quitting Dick's over their new policy.

Also, LL Bean and Kroger have raised their age age requirement to 21 to buy a gun.

Of course all of this blustery posturing will become moot (meaningless) when they change the national age to buy a rifle to 21, like it already is for handguns (back when they were the root of all evil:rolleyes:)
And we know it's coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
"GUN SHOW LOOP HOLES"

I like that one!

I get a kick out of that as well, while it's true that once in a great while you may go to a show where some private seller might have a rifle or two to sell, it happens so infrequently I don't think it's worth worrying about.

I also get aggravated at the "internet sale" thing as well. I have NEVER bought anything online with a serial# that didn't have to go to an FFL.

But, these guys are experts (sarcasm).

I also get aggravated at the "internet sale" thing as well. I have NEVER bought anything online with a serial# that didn't have to go to an FFL.

But, these guys are experts (sarcasm).
Fortunately they can ignore facts like the big FBI sting operation that proved you could buy ZERO guns off the internet without going thru an FFL and background check:
upload_2018-1-5_22-3-53-png.3976

Even when they resorted to "the dark web" they just got screwed out of their money all but 2 times since scammers know that a felon trying to buy a gun (that he can't legally own) can't go to the cops.:ROLF: And one of the two guns they did manage to buy on 'the dark web' was supposed to be a full-auto UZI (that they paid thousands for) turned out to be a semi-auto. Again, a good scam that can't be reported.
http://www.talkfirearms.com/threads/surprise-there-is-no-online-loophole.528/

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks to me like they will no longer sell "assault rifles" at all.
With a few other people here, I can say that I have always been blessed with better places to shop that Dick's.
That said, because of what they are recommending, I will make certain that I NEVER shop there.

I get a kick out of that as well, while it's true that once in a great while you may go to a show where some private seller might have a rifle or two to sell, it happens so infrequently I don't think it's worth worrying about.

I have also seen a few private individuals--who did not have a FFL--trying to sell a gun at a gun show.
Stopping THAT I support. Requiring all gun sales to go through a FFL is a good idea in today's world, imo.

I have also seen a few private individuals--who did not have a FFL--trying to sell a gun at a gun show.
Stopping THAT I support. Requiring all gun sales to go through a FFL is a good idea in today's world, imo.
99.9% of all non-family member-to-family-member transfers already do.
Want to give your son a gun? Going down to the LGS for the transfer?
You have to be careful with the word "all".
Suppose an old guy dies and an heir inherits 70 guns.
Paperwork and $35/gun?
The $2450 comes from where?
They just paid for a funeral.
Sound good now?

Latest posts

Back