DICKS !...........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99.9% of all non-family member-to-family-member transfers already do.
Want to give your son a gun? Going down to the LGS for the transfer?
You have to be careful with the word "all".
Suppose an old guy dies and an heir inherits 70 guns.
Paperwork and $35/gun?
The $2450 comes from where?
They just paid for a funeral.
Sound good now?

To quote Denny Crane: "That doesn't work for me"

Last edited by a moderator:
a concealed weapon b.jpg

He is up against substantial resources. I wish him well and hope he wins.

104390B8-AA88-46CC-8378-23A29683D582.jpeg

05C48C7E-1DB8-4D45-9714-D7DA7BEF12E2.jpeg

61050575-F4EC-4D4B-9791-843101D6A0A9.jpeg

He is up against substantial resources. I wish him well and hope he wins.
Even though that it's obvious that he just wants a big cup of 'hush-money', if it were anywhere but Oregon, he wouldn't stand a chance.
I try to look at every angle of an issue.

Since I know we have a few older folks in here (wink,wink), how would you feel if you went into a store and they said you couldn't buy a particular t-shirt or clothes because you were too old? "Those are for our younger clientele".
You have to dress like Fred Mertz?
Would you be pissed? Age discrimination?:pokestick:How far could that go?
That is the ground he is treading on.
Of course when they change the national age to 21 (like handguns) it will all be moot, but could this be us?:
fred-mertz.png

99.9% of all non-family member-to-family-member transfers already do.
Want to give your son a gun? Going down to the LGS for the transfer?
You have to be careful with the word "all".
Suppose an old guy dies and an heir inherits 70 guns.
Paperwork and $35/gun?
The $2450 comes from where?
They just paid for a funeral.
Sound good now?

I do NOT disagree with you regarding the scenario you mention or similar ones!
However, for years I said that there was no "gun show loophole,"
but I recently saw it happen. At a gun show I recently saw a person with no FFL
trying to sell a rifle to a person for cash. He was not asking for ID; nor was he doing a standard background check.

A perp, terrorist, etc, could acquire a firearm in such a manner, and that is NOT good.

That said, I've bought and sold guns to and from people I know, but all involved were properly vetted CCW permit holders.

I hate to use the phrase "common sense gun laws" because people often use that phrase to describe gun laws that are ridiculous and unconstitutional,
but REAL common sense laws that would neither penalize law-abiding citizens nor make it easy for scumbags to acquire firearms would be nice.

but REAL common sense laws that would neither penalize law-abiding citizens nor make it easy for scumbags to acquire firearms would be nice.

The problem with that is, it requires people with common sense to enact them.

Common sense ain't so common anymore, everyone wants to run on emotion.

Dick's sucks. So does the wannabee Field & Stream. Academy is 25% cheaper, especially on ammo and better bargain brands. :Bart:

Is Dick's being castrated?????
No, but they are going to need to squat when they pee pretty soon!:flip:

The phrase 'pissed in their Post Toasties' comes to mind...

No to Dick's, additional firearms manufacturers
Didn't go more than few times and won't go again.
Decided to shop only at Gun supporting sporting goods stores.

link

https://townhall.com/notebook/bethb...sever-ties-with-sporting-goods-chain-n2479170
And now from the "well, no ****!" department:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/dicks-may-lose-customers-over-gun-policies-ceo-warns
FoxNews said:
"Dick’s Sporting Goods expects to lose some customers after implementing new restrictions on gun sales in its stores, CEO Edward Stack said Tuesday.

Stack, speaking on Dick’s earnings call Tuesday, said it was “too early to tellthe full impact of the retailer’s changes to its firearm policies, though he warned that sales could suffer as a result.
...sales could suffer as a result!
lol.gif

Are they really that stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:
CDP said:
"We sell AR-15s because we’re not Dick’s"
I love it!!!:lol:
And their phone is ringing off the hook:
Barbara Davey said:
"Thankfully, however, the local community has reportedly been supporting the store selling AR-15s, with Stamper noting that “It’s about 99 percent support” and the store’s manager, Barbara Davey, saying that the “positive feedback really outweighed that negative feedback.”

It is so good to see that local businesses are benefiting from Dick's choice to try for martyrdom by throwing themselves on their own sword. I don't have a sword, but if Dick's needs a machete to cut off their nose to spite their face, they can borrow mine. They just have to promise to clean it up afterwards so it doesn't rust.

I stopped buying anything at Dicks when they wouldn’t honor their rain checks for Bushmasters they were selling during Black Friday before Newtown.
So you've been Dickless for quite a while and finally decided to come out?
I'll let the trans-gender folks know, they will be pleased:lil guy:.
J/K!

Latest posts

Back