DICKS !...........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well when your Dick's, becoming smaller, surprise, not as many people are interested in it anymore:rolleyes:.
In answer to your question, not even in the top one hundred list:eek:.

Of course the are probably aiming to become the big-Dick's huge 'top-wiener', of soccer gear instead:p.

Let's see how Kmart's doing. They don't sell evil guns:
abandoned-kmart-4b-960x720.jpg

Ehhh, not looking so good:oops:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I taught my daughter how to drive in the Willow Grove Mall...she was a natural.

About the only local mall left that is still viable for things I require...

There's a Dick's dying a slow death there too... containing stacks of unsold Yeti coolers that they can't give away !!

Damn shame the *******s sold their soul to be politically correct.

I had the "Hunting & Fishing Lodge" workers texting me when a truck load of .22's arrived... back before the smack down.

I love how upbeat they are about the whole thing.
You just know it was some young hot-shot that made the "politically-correct" decision that is sending them into a death-spiral. This is obviously his outlook:
flower70.gif

The Big Dicks said:
"Still, Dick’s said it expects these headwinds to subside and is confident that its sales trajectory will improve next year. It raised its earnings per share forecast for the year ending February 2019 to between $3.02 and $3.20 versus an earlier forecast of $2.92 to $3.12."
Anybody here know what happens to a company's stock when it misses earnings forecasts? Anyone, anyone?

And in the "oh, by the way" category, casually mentions this:
Smaller Dicks said:
"Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS.N) reported a bigger-than-expected drop in quarterly same-store sales on Wednesday and forecast further declines this year.
Sometimes you start to think, your Dick's not got a brain:lol:

Daily Wire said:
"Dick's says it can trace the downturn not just to an overall retail downturn, but also directly to its decision to take action on "gun control," banning the sales of "assault-style" rifles at its Field & Stream affiliated retailer and discontinuing any gun sales to people under the age of 21."
Nothing is as bad as watching your 'Dick's' slowly go limp right before your eyes:eatagun:
Removing hunting stuff that is now not selling is their new solution, you know, so they can put in new 'high-profit-margin' merchandise...
lol.gif

Removing hunting stuff that is now not selling is their new solution, you know, so they can put in new 'high-profit-margin' merchandise...

Yeah, there's still a segment of the populace that won't go there to get their kid's bat, glove spikes.........whatever, because of their anti 2A stance.

I've never been in a Dick's and don't intend to anytime soon, there isn't one near me anyway, it's at least a 40 mile drive to one from here.

Yeah, there's still a segment of the populace that won't go there to get their kid's bat, glove spikes.........whatever, because of their anti 2A stance.
I won't.
Just what we need, another clothing and apparel store:bang Head:.
Like being dragged thru Dillard's, Macy's, Kohl's, (+1000 more) isn't enough punishment:eatagun:
Any non-clothing sports items, Amazon can have on your front porch in 2 days.:woo hoo:
The Dick's can just hang there as far as I'm concerned:pee:

Soon...all them walk-in mall anchor stores will go the way of Sears-Roebuck & Co...( one of the originators of thru catalog / mail delivery ordering )

Another one I refuse to have any dealings with is :pee:CNN Liber-Tard Bezos and his Amazon Kingdom.

I'll do without before supporting his agenda...:Bart:

:lol:
Little Fat Boy was thinking of running for President too...

"Fat" chance of him winning against Trump...

:wink:

I, too, have boycotted Dicks. From the looks of it, MANY people in my area have.
I'm happy to see their business ebb away due to their anti-2A stance.

Here's the big NON-question: Will other libtards realize that alienating 2A supporters is a bad business move, and will said libtards repent of their anti-American, politically correct foolishness?

Here's the big NON-question: Will other libtards realize that alienating 2A supporters is a bad business move, and will said libtards repent of their anti-American, politically correct foolishness?
You ever met one?
Logic means nothing to them. [Whine, Whine] "If it will save just one child's life, it's worth doing":cry:
Want some gluten-free, all-organic, hormone-free, sustainably-grown celery?
flower70.gif
It's good for you:lol:

And my short NON-answer.........................NO!

I just learned a new word while reading some of the linked articles mentioned above. Schadenfreude. I think that's pronounced shaw-den-froy-duh if I remember my high school German classes correctly. "Enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others." That perfectly describes the way I feel about Dick's. I'll have to remember this word for use in casual conversation!

True Haertig,

Or in down home talk.

pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune:

...pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune:
Misfortune is one thing, watching self-destruction caused by a stupid decision is well, humorous:lol:.

You ever met one?
Logic means nothing to them. [Whine, Whine] "If it will save just one child's life, it's worth doing":cry:
Want some gluten-free, all-organic, hormone-free, sustainably-grown celery?View attachment 9633It's good for you:lol:

You nailed the problem with libtards: they cannot process hard cold facts!

For example, we all know that law-abiding concealed carriers value their right to carry and protect it by being law-abiding citizens.
CC people commit fewer crimes than most other groups.

I just learned a new word while reading some of the linked articles mentioned above. Schadenfreude. I think that's pronounced shaw-den-froy-duh if I remember my high school German classes correctly. "Enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others." That perfectly describes the way I feel about Dick's. I'll have to remember this word for use in casual conversation!

I feel guilty about it, but I am guilty of enjoying the demise of Dick's.

Thanks for the vocabulary builder!

I feel guilty about it, but I am guilty of enjoying the demise of Dick's.
Oh, don't feel guilty.
It's like when you're using a cell phone as a detonator for an IED, you hand it to your buddy, and he uses it to take a group selfie:D.
*WARNING* Stupidity can be graphic.

It's basically a fast version of what Dick's did.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...l-dicks-may-close-35-stores-across-18-states/
Corporate Gun Control Fail: Dick’s May Have to Close 35 Stores Across 18 States

With sales falling after the implementation of corporate gun control Dick’s Sporting Goods may have to close 35 stores across 18 states.
Oh, the joy of being Dicks. Or not.

You know the Hollywood term "Jumping the Shark"? (When Fonzie water-skied over one in a failed attempt to keep Happy Days above water).

We now have a new corporate America term: Jumping the dick! "Wow, your business really jumped the dick, didn't it?!"

LOL

Well, well.
Stockholders are loving it <NOT!>:
DicksStock.JPG

I hate to say this, but it appears your Dick's getting even smaller:lol:
(notice the volume of shares traded is 635% of normal)
Looks like a lot of people are "pulling out":Angie:.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...e-hunting-category-2019-03-12?mod=nextup_bomw

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I missed it. Had I known Dick's was about to make another announcement I would have been in there shorting their stock like there's no tomorrow.

It's generally good advice to new day traders to stay away from a trade on the day when an announcement is coming out. Too much unpredictable volatility. But in the case of Dick's, every time they open their mouth, their stock drops. It's like a siren call to the knowledgeable, "Short me! Short me!" But crapola, I was out shooting today and missed out on the trade. Good day shooting though...

Latest posts

Back