DICKS !...........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. I missed it. Had I known Dick's was about to make another announcement I would have been in there shorting their stock like there's no tomorrow.

It's generally good advice to new day traders to stay away from a trade on the day when an announcement is coming out. Too much unpredictable volatility. But in the case of Dick's, every time they open their mouth, their stock drops. It's like a siren call to the knowledgeable, "Short me! Short me!" But crapola, I was out shooting today and missed out on the trade. Good day shooting though...
Don't you just hate it when your Dick's slipped right out of your hands?:bang Head:
Oh, not to worry, there will be more opportunities in the future!
All you have to do is listen to the (obviously young) goobs making glowing upbeat statements while their business is going down in flames due to political correctness.
Reminds me of the band playing on the Titanic as the water swallows them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shitfan:

:surrender:

:stir pot:

:ROLF:

I guess this makes up for all the money the PC CEO lost for the shareholders.
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/pi...kgPl-Rv9BcGGEtUWmmYvXiA2iXR40lY#axzz5r92aYT4F
Rest assured, the yuppies running the company are painting a big smiley-face on it:D.
Numbers don't lie though:
Seeking Alpha said:
"Putting the P&L aside, balance sheet management is where I take issue with DKS. From an operational perspective, I was stunned to see inventory jump 16% y/y to $2.1 billion. Management reiterated that this was anticipated, strategic, and that the company is in a clean inventory position. However, it is hard to reconcile this dynamic against such a massive jump in inventory. I can believe that some of the increase is strategic, but a 16% increase on a flat comp sounds unlikely to end well, in my view."
"Yeah, we're strategically letting inventory pile up. It's an investment!" :wink:

Yeah the Dick's head has spoken, and the rest of the country just won't fall into lock-step behind him.
See here's the thing, if they (The Big Dick's) decided to ban assault-rifles and the rest of the country eventually followed along, they would be 'progressive', trend-setting, ahead of their times, smarter than everybody!
Of course if the rest of the country does not, they are left with their hiney hanging out in the wind.
...and the wind be blowing!:waiting:

I feel something is happening ..quietly...undetected by many,

And all this " don't sell this don't sell that crap" is starting to have some back fire affect on some of the idiots that are trying to appease the far left trend setters.

I AM just sensing it.

I personally don't give a rats patooty..if WM, Dick's, Target, NBA, NFL , any other liberal outfit I know, goes belly up .

Jim

I personally don't give a rats patooty..if WM, Dick's, Target, NBA, NFL , any other liberal outfit I know, goes belly up .

I actually hope they go belly up. Sends a good message to other businesses. Get woke - go broke!

I'm doing my part, voting with my wallet.
Yep same here. I actually used to by a fair amount of stuff from them. Target ammo in particular, but other stuff to. They have already gotten their last dime from me.
But won't it be neat when the press goes rushing up to the private jet that just landed and the billionaire walks down the steps, flash-bulbs popping all around.
They ask him where he got so much wealth and he says:
"I founded a company called 'Cheaper Than Dirt":D

Latest posts

Back