diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 5'8"! I was always really skinny until my later 30's.
you must be like my daughter, she is tall also , 5'9 actually and used to fit into a size 1 when in highschool. But we used to think she was annorexic too , she didn't eat much. She got bigger after having a baby ( I did too)
I am more built like Amazon woman LOL

Me, before and after eating WFPB. In other words, size 42 waist to size 36 waist. I am 6'2".
1702741454358.png

1702741473448.png

295 to 215. Don't go solely by BMI. BMI doesn't account for muscle mass in some people.
Thank you! I agree. I would look like I visited Auschwitz for the last 3 years at that weight. I too am setting my weight for 210-215 pounds,

and here is why I don't like fajitas: chewey meat! It's either chewey or bloody, I don't like either one
tortillas, yuck, lettuce on it gets warm, don't like warm salad ( don't like lettuce on burgers either) , makes a mess on your plate, and the only thing you taste after assembled is hot salsa
pass LOL
It's not quite shrimp ( those ugly bugs are not allowed in the kitchen LOL) but I still don't like it

I figure this is the right place to ask this question, when is the right time to dump your old "fat" clothes. In the last 7 months I have gone from a 42" waist to a lose 38", but now I have a pile of 42" dress pants and jeans... Same with shirts.. So I am trying to figure out should I take all the larger sized items and donate them to GW or should I be cautious and hold on for a bit?
If I hadn't held on to some of my "fat" clothes I would have had to buy all new clothes after 3 years! Now I am holding onto all of my skinny clothes in hopes I can get my mind and my willpower to work together again.

Interesting, especially since I am also 6' 2". Looking at my recommended BMI, it says I need to get down to 194 pounds? Can you advise how much you weigh before and after?
That's my goal, 195, I'm 6'2" as well. I lost a bit more than 60 pounds when I had my stroke, not exactly a recommended course of action for dieting., lol. I' seem to be holding around 202 lbs

That pic in Vermont is awesome. That's is on my bucket lisr
what Vermont or skiing? If skiing and you have never done it, that's not a good place to start
I think that was Smugglers Notch. I can put some more pretty photos from Vermont on the picture thread, don't want to clutter up this one LOL

Just did something bad, the Absolute calorie bomb: had a handful of mixed nuts, husband bought one of those large jars. I calculated: 6000 some calories in one of those. You could feed some kid in India with that for a few weeks

what Vermont or skiing? If skiing and you have never done it, that's not a good place to start
I think that was Smugglers Notch. I can put some more pretty photos from Vermont on the picture thread, don't want to clutter up this one LOL

Just did something bad, the Absolute calorie bomb: had a handful of mixed nuts, husband bought one of those large jars. I calculated: 6000 some calories in one of those. You could feed some kid in India with that for a few weeks
Vermont. I've never skied. No reason to start now and break something I might need later. Lol

You've been a baaad girl!:waiting:
Decades ago when I was dieting, I made a list of things I ate, sorted by calories per ounce....
Far up at the top of my list, were these:
Screenshot_20231216-165301_kindlephoto-44016375.png

well, you have that backwards, they USED to, now they care more about using less material and maximizing profits
I have old pants size 12 that fit perfectly fine ( now , me 25 pounds overweight) , I ordered size 16 to have extra room for barn work and to put stuff under, and I can't get them closed.
Not so sure there. I normally wear size 8. I'm 5 ft 9 1/2 and 145 lbs. Hunny got me some cargo pants from Tractor Supply. Those size 8 have to be held up with a belt or I could easily wiggle my way out. So I bought a size 6 and they fit yet still have an inch at the waist. Guess maybe it is the brand you are buying. I believe mine are Ridge Cut.

Interesting, especially since I am also 6' 2". Looking at my recommended BMI, it says I need to get down to 194 pounds? Can you advise how much you weigh before and after?
Agree with Cabinfever. Hubby is 6’ and below 200 looks ill because he’s too thin. About 210-220 he looks good. (Healthy)

I'm 6-4 and the tallest on both sides of the family
My mom is about 5’1” and a bit wonky at times. She thinks almost everyone over 6’ has that growing disease 😂. She knows otherwise but the number of times she’s made that comment (in earnest) is comical. Her dad was 6’ but her mom was 4’10” so similar to you two.

I think height comes down to genetics and diet...

As far as men go, on my dad's side of the family I'm the tallest at 5' 11". On my Mom's side of the family I'm the shortest, the next smallest male was grandpa at 6'3".

Not so sure there. I normally wear size 8. I'm 5 ft 9 1/2 and 145 lbs. Hunny got me some cargo pants from Tractor Supply. Those size 8 have to be held up with a belt or I could easily wiggle my way out. So I bought a size 6 and they fit yet still have an inch at the waist. Guess maybe it is the brand you are buying. I believe mine are Ridge Cut.
maybe that is my problem I ordered them online, straight from China probably, $12 I guess that's what I get LOL
I sent them back, will look for those pants at TSP next time we go there

So . weight myself, down 1 lb only this week :( Oh well, at least it is down and not up. NO more handfulls of nuts and ice cream
No I lied, this week will be a cheating week. Going to celebrate Yule and bake some pies.

Today I am already starting with something bad

week # 3 , Day # 1,

Pizza today, haven't made any in over 2 weeks
will make butternut squash soup with it
I will eat my usual 2 slices ( homemade, 16 inch pizza pan)

So . weight myself, down 1 lb only this week :( Oh well, at least it is down and not up. NO more handfulls of nuts and ice cream
No I lied, this week will be a cheating week. Going to celebrate Yule and bake some pies.

Today I am already starting with something bad

week # 3 , Day # 1,

Pizza today, haven't made any in over 2 weeks
will make butternut squash soup with it
I will eat my usual 2 slices ( homemade, 16 inch pizza pan)
Don't worry @sonya123, I found the pound you lost and will be holding it for you.... I think it's like a hot potato, now I gotta find someone else to throw it to!

Latest posts

Back