Do preppers poo in the woods?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats an out house?
The traditional outhouse:
outhouse.jpg
49616191_768906853502486_7922278376217634575_n.jpg

A fancy "Two Seater" :D
squat-toilet-seat-yearling-out-house--with-additional-good-set.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats just not the kind of thing I really want to share with someone else.... double sinks are nice though!

Your are either really close OR very desperate. I would put in a divider wall and a second door OR stick to the one-holer.

Your are either really close OR very desperate. I would put in a divider wall and a second door OR stick to the one-holer.
I've been to places around the world that have up to 6 hole out houses. Usually they'd be set up behind restaurants or bars. I have heard of two story out houses too, but have never seen one.

It is quite common he in Finland to have an outhouse if you live in the countryside or have a summer cottage. We have 1 outhouse in the garden and use it in the summer months. One of the first things i did when we moved here was to build an indoor composting toilet too. I have to empty the **** bucket once a week but it means no buying fertiliser for the plants and saves on the water use too.

I think the ideas was not for simultaneous use, but just separate "her" and "his" toilet seats for, um, sanitary reasons. :D
Just a joke there. I am not very squeamish, less than most anyways, but that’s one thing I think deserves a little privacy, lol!

I hate to admit it but I can not lie, I have caused the occasional missing sock that dryer ate to go missing in the wood on a hunt or scouting trip. please don’t tell the wife. Lol

I hate to admit it but I can not lie, I have caused the occasional missing sock that dryer ate to go missing in the wood on a hunt or scouting trip. please don’t tell the wife. Lol
If in your area, cedar bark fibers makes very good TP. Easy to turn bark to fibers, same method for making a tinder bundle.

In Nam, Sea Bee's put one up. Top for officers, bottom for enlisted. Coast Guard painted it international orange, and the Marines set up range markers...the next day, being the 2nd of April, EOD blew it up...

Ok Who brought this thread back ? Oh ok I see .
Snow flake that started this one years ago quit showing up . From Sweden I think She was .

unfortunately, field sanitation is one of those things that goooooo right over the heads of sheeple >>> and it'll be quik to show it's ugly & dangerous head - I give it a week after the taps go dry before dysentery is running rampant - the even more dangerous diseases like typhoid will be following behind ....

you'll be experiencing the victims - even if you avoid the plague the dying will be showing up all contaminated - will make Covid look like a tame pussycat ....

As far as I can tell most people have no concept of basic sanitation. I see people "camping' in all sorts of wilderness areas. They are as animals, having no concept of where to leave their waste, only when. In a grid down situation the will only get away with this for a short time before disease begins to spread. A septic tank and drainfield is a heavy thing. It will be worth its weight in gold.

5 gallon bucket does the trick when in the tent camping. i even make cut outs from foam to sit on. just as comfy as home.
Rather than "cut outs from foam", I suggest getting one of those "noodles" for use in a pool, cut it down to size laterally, then cut a slit in it.
It can be stored in the bucket until needed, then mounted around the rim. The noodle also can hold a plastic bag in place, which can be used to dispose of the contents of the bucket. Best to put several plastic bags into the bucket before use, to make disposing more efficient.

Latest posts

Back