Do you wave to neighbors, passing cars?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only like 12 houses in the neighborhood, we wave :). It used to be a Jeep thing,, smart car people always waved, (we could die at any moment) . Subaru people seem to have their head stuffed into another orifice.

Not only do we wave, but if something is off we will actually knock on the neighbors door to check.

50-50 for me. Sometimes I wave, sometimes I don't. If it is a car or driver I recognize, I wave.

i wave at passing cars and when driving at cars i pass until i get out of our territory closes to the cities where people get more rude!

When I first moved out here, 35 years ago, there were very few people! Everyone waved! Now, hardly, the city folk are taking over😧😧😧! We had RED CLAY ROADS back then, not cool, but city folk didn't like them!
Yeah, now it seems like people don't wave anymore. I've been in TX for 15 years of so and it used to be a THING. This is the #1 state people are moving to.

Ha !!!
Man does this bring back a memory !!
We installed the hvac and plumbing back in '89 on Alcon State Football stadium
On my drive home every t evening I passed a house with an old man sitting on the porch . Every day we exchanged waves this happened every day for almost a year
One day I waved and the old man did not return my wave I said Huh? Wonder what's wrong with him today
My ride buddy laughed and said
He is mad at you, you were talking yesterday and did not speak to him

One hand at 12:00 on the wheel, fingers up every time we pass a car..
Yep: 12:00, and two fingers up for every car in our neighborhood, whether I know them or not. Maybe especially if I don't know them...I want strangers to think, "That guy noticed me." If they are up to no good, I want them to move on to the next neighborhood over.

Not in my neighbor hood, it will get you shot.
I don’t know how the area is laid out there. Here, there is a clear line for being in Bloods or Crips territory. The Holly by Julian Rubinstein tells about gangs around here. If you wear red in Crips territory, that could get you shot. When I taught in the inner city, in Crips territory, we were advised that wearing either blue or red could get you shot. Head custodian advised her sweeper boys to wear pink but definitely not red or blue.

I tend to speak to all people that I pass, but I don’t wave. I pass too many cars to wave.

In South Dakota most people speak or wave to others or they did when I was a kid. That could have changed.

Latest posts

Back