Email service is not good.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I stopped using it a couple years ago except when I had to it is so bad. It worked ok before the fools improved it now it is hard to navigate or figure out.They need to stop fixing things that work. It is phone service that is ok but email is not good.

What e-mail service is giving you problems? There's lots of services you could switch to.

I know and I tired a couple but had too long email names.
I just wish they would stop fixing stuff is all.
What do you recommend?

I used to use the email offered by my ISP but every time I changed ISP I had to export and import my address book. I would inadvertently lose some and have to go back to my archives to find them. I have been using yahoo for the past two ISPs but I think they are getting ready to charge for the service so I will have to switch again. It would be nice to have a free account that one could rely on for the long term.

I used to use the email offered by my ISP but every time I changed ISP I had to export and import my address book. I would inadvertently lose some and have to go back to my archives to find them. I have been using yahoo for the past two ISPs but I think they are getting ready to charge for the service so I will have to switch again. It would be nice to have a free account that one could rely on for the long term.

I tried Startmail didn't work for me.

Your ISP is who you pay for internet service. Internet Service Provider
I use Thunderbird which is an open source software. (that means it is free to use and share) but more importantly for me is I can get the source code and look it over to make sure that it is only doing what I need and doing it safely. The authors are a great group and security is kept very high. It is easy enough for novices (like my wife) to use yet it has features that can be tweaked by more advanced users. I choose to support it but most users just use it free. There is no difference in the software whether you pay or not but paying a little keeps the team working on it.

I have my internet service through a small local company and have had email through them for 22 years.

I have an 86 year old uncle who does email. Every time he switches internet providers, he would get a new email. Finally one of his grand daughters suggested to him that he set up a gmail account, and then no matter who his internet provider is, his email is still the same.

You could be: [email protected]
You can be on any internet provider you want and still get gmail.
There are a number of sources of free email. If you need some help, maybe we can help you out.

i have gmail.i also have wildblue.com. email,from when they were my internet provider.also have hotmail.com email.wildblue and hotmail gets forwarded to my gmail.and i also have it setup where there's nothing in those inboxes after those emails gets forwarded to my gmail.

I have my internet service through a small local company and have had email through them for 22 years.

I have an 86 year old uncle who does email. Every time he switches internet providers, he would get a new email. Finally one of his grand daughters suggested to him that he set up a gmail account, and then no matter who his internet provider is, his email is still the same.

You could be: [email protected]
You can be on any internet provider you want and still get gmail.
There are a number of sources of free email. If you need some help, maybe we can help you out.

Thanks Weedy, I just got back to this thread, too busy saving the world,:rolleyes:. All of you have good ideas and changing is what I'll do. Hardly ever use email anyway unless I forget password or something. I tell family to call if they want to correspond.

Gmail is what a couple of kids G-use so it can't be too bad,:D.

i have gmail.i also have wildblue.com. email,from when they were my internet provider.also have hotmail.com email.wildblue and hotmail gets forwarded to my gmail.and i also have it setup where there's nothing in those inboxes after those emails gets forwarded to my gmail.

JimLE thanks and yall have convinced me to change .:cool::Thankyou:

Latest posts

Back