Finally Breeding Again

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpTown Family Rabbitry 2

Friend
Neighbor
We have not been able to breed our rabbits sense about November of last year due to what seemed to be an STD problem from a new doe that then turned into so much more, its been very hectic. However, it seems everyone has had a clear bill of health for about a month or so now so we are finally breeding again.

I decided to breed Dahlia (Californian X Rex) to Koi (Rex). Dahlia is not one of our main breeding does so I wasn’t too concerned if anything happened, this was mostly just to see if anything happened from sexual contact. But on top of that I really wanna try and get more Rexed kits (I miss having Rex way too much). If she took this will just be a test/meat litter to make sure everything is up and running again.
The doe was hesitating at first, we got one very nice fall off, and then she decided she was a lesbian again. I’m almost certain she is bred, but only time will tell. I’m going to throw her back in today and see if I can get at least one more fall off kits to be safe.
(I always aim for three fall offs to be certain)

Can’t wait to see how this terns out, hopefully we will have some kits around thanksgiving brake.

We have not been able to breed our rabbits sense about November of last year due to what seemed to be an STD problem from a new doe that then turned into so much more, its been very hectic. However, it seems everyone has had a clear bill of health for about a month or so now so we are finally breeding again.

I decided to breed Dahlia (Californian X Rex) to Koi (Rex). Dahlia is not one of our main breeding does so I wasn’t too concerned if anything happened, this was mostly just to see if anything happened from sexual contact. But on top of that I really wanna try and get more Rexed kits (I miss having Rex way too much). If she took this will just be a test/meat litter to make sure everything is up and running again.
The doe was hesitating at first, we got one very nice fall off, and then she decided she was a lesbian again. I’m almost certain she is bred, but only time will tell. I’m going to throw her back in today and see if I can get at least one more fall off kits to be safe.
(I always aim for three fall offs to be certain)

Can’t wait to see how this terns out, hopefully we will have some kits around thanksgiving brake.
Good luck, keep us posted! 🐰🤞

Latest posts

Back