FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Meer

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
The stallion's name is Frederick the Great, in honor of the King of Prussia, who was in power in the 18th century. And although the black stallion itself has not yet won any awards, its beauty certainly justifies such a pathos name

1619475319673.png

American Saddlebred.

The American Saddlebred, formerly known as the American Saddle Horse, is a breed of horse that was developed in Kentucky by plantation owners. Today, in the horse show world, they are most commonly…

1619476187165.png

c...Pantheon is not a buttermilk buckskin stallion like some pins say, but he's actually a grulla. This is a very rare American Saddlebred color, and two of his three offspring have been grulla as well.

1619477240799.png

I like horses, but my ex had horses and she cured me of ever wanting to own another one. I wouldn't mind having a good old quarter horse mare or gelding that is tore-up-from-the-floor-up broke. I mean, like you could shoot off a roman candle underneath it and it wouldn't flick an ear, broke. And broke to drive too, so I could hitch up a little two wheeler behind it and go for a nice lazy Sunday drive. But with the price of hay and vet bills, it's about as cheap to buy a four wheeler as it is to keep a horse, and it's a lot less work...

I like horses, but my ex had horses and she cured me of ever wanting to own another one. I wouldn't mind having a good old quarter horse mare or gelding that is tore-up-from-the-floor-up broke. I mean, like you could shoot off a roman candle underneath it and it wouldn't flick an ear, broke. And broke to drive too, so I could hitch up a little two wheeler behind it and go for a nice lazy Sunday drive. But with the price of hay and vet bills, it's about as cheap to buy a four wheeler as it is to keep a horse, and it's a lot less work...

I hear you. Always depends on a lot, for it to be beneficial, as to whether you should get one or not. Sometimes you run across one that just takes a liking to you, and you can do all the things above you talked about, and it will do anything to please you, like standing still while shooting guns off their back or other stuff too. Hate that your ex almost cured you from ever wanting another one, because if you find the right one, there is no better joy than that companionship. 👍

Latest posts

Back