Friday Fives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magpie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I belonged years ago to a forum that had this - maybe you are interested, maybe not. Basically five questions to be answered - no context, no explanation, and someone has to be nominated for the following week.
I'll start, and nominate @Pearl to do the questions next week. Just copy and paste, stick in your answers.
But if there's no interest, no offence, and this will sink to the bottom gracefully :D

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say?
2. Favorite ice cream flavor?
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from?
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc)
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended?

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? Zombie response unit
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? JFK
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Citrus fruit
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Fleetwood Mac, 2003

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? Caution: I brake for hallucinations
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Black raspberry
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? President Bush (41)
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Citrus fruit
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? The Police / Flock of Seagulls / The Fixx, "Grand Slam" Rochester, 1983

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? Don't have one.
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky Road
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? Benjamin Franklin
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Corn
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? ZZ Top/Ted Nugent/ Kenny Wayne Shepard

That was fun, Magpie. I hope we can keep it going.

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? Below
1713530991020.png

2. Favorite ice cream flavor? I don' eat dairy products
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? Jesus
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Coffee
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Cat Stevens

1713536162279.png

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? Don't have 1 but if I did ^^^...!!!
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Bourbon Spiked EggNog...
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? JESUS...
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Lavender Flowers...
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Senior Prom...!!

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? No bumper sticker
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Coffee almond fudge
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? Jesus
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) citrus
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Just one?

1 A POW type sticker, says Some Gave All, All Gave Some
2 Black Cherry
3 Thats a tough one, Jesus, Stonewall Jackson, Thomas Jefferson, General George Patton
4 Probably Citrus, pineapple specifically
5 Toss up Bob Segar in 1981, or REO Speedway in 1980, or Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, and 38 Special in 1980. Hard to pick a favorite

Great thread

I belonged years ago to a forum that had this - maybe you are interested, maybe not. Basically five questions to be answered - no context, no explanation, and someone has to be nominated for the following week.
I'll start, and nominate @Pearl to do the questions next week. Just copy and paste, stick in your answers.
But if there's no interest, no offence, and this will sink to the bottom gracefully :D

3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from?
1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? On the back window, PragerU
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Raspberry chocolate chip/
3. A famous person (dead or alive) - and not necessarily a favorite - who you would like to get some answers from? I'd like to get the straight scoop from Bill Clinton,
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Citrus
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? Little Feat, 1978

1. none
2. Coffee
3. President Trump.
4. Mangoes and guavas.
5. Willie Nelson's 4th of July party 1980

1. Finally took it off:
Don’t Tread On Me
2. Hoffman’s chocolate chip or Turkey Hill brand Rocky Road
3. Leonardo daVinci
4. Ginseng
5. Rush in Baltimore. Stephen Stills and Stevie Ray Vaughan in DC, Kansas in OK.

interesting thread

1. If you have a bumper sticker, what does it say? I have many many stickers all over my Yukon, from all the National parks we have been to and other places
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Italian Hazelnut gelato
4. Something you would like to be able to grow but cannot (due to area etc) Mangos, Tangelos
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? so many, probably Metallica, Megadeth and Dio in Daytona once , Slayer Anthrax Megadeth in Lakeland , Nightwish, Evanescense

If you have a bumper sticker....nope.
Favorite ice cream flavor: german chocolate
Favorite person to get some answers from: Moses
Something you'd like to be able to grow, but cant: figs
Best concert attended: Ted Nugent
I would have never guessed you went to a Ted Nugent concert....never been to one but like his music

1> None
2> Vanilla
3> Thomas Jefferson
4> Pot (too wet)
5> Woodstock

If this flag offends you (US) let me help you pack
Rum raisin
Too many
Bing Cherry, peach, pear, apricot
Red Green, Dolly Parton, a couple bluegrass weekend jams..
Edit..... I should have added Alabama to this list..

Last edited:
5. Best concert or gig you ever attended? so many, probably Metallica, Megadeth and Dio in Daytona once , Slayer Anthrax Megadeth in Lakeland , Nightwish, Evanescense
We need to meet :D
and I had no idea there were so many ice cream flavors...

1. Finally took it off:
Don’t Tread On Me
2. Hoffman’s chocolate chip or Turkey Hill brand Rocky Road
3. Leonardo daVinci
4. Ginseng
5. Rush in Baltimore. Stephen Stills and Stevie Ray Vaughan in DC, Kansas in OK.
You saw Rush in Baltimore in '86? I was there, too. They were awesome!

You saw Rush in Baltimore in '86? I was there, too. They were awesome!
Nah, it was more like ‘77 or ‘78. I wasn’t married yet. I couldn’t hear next day. Sound quality has improved so much since then though. I can’t imagine it’d be that loud at this point. Yes, they were awesome!

Latest posts

Back