Frodo's art!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mag I have seen where a guy was redying some awful camo BDU's and gear using boiled down black walnut husk, he got a pretty decent results but like you said he had to dunk it.

H
Man that's some work there and Purdy to.
Been a bit quiet lately but I have been gettin over that flu that's running round but it is rough for about three to four days. Ya don't have an interest in anything when you got this stuff, ya know sleeping, eating, coffee and even leather work.
Now the DW has it.
Hope you get to feeling mo betta

Add a hoodie and they'll try to sell you crack and the hookers will talk to you. LOL

@ssonb

We were talking about stain and resist
Take a look at this saddle bag I am working on right now
On the front it looks like 4 different dyes were used but in reality I used a product called resolene and a antique jell
The more you use the less stain

Typically you wet a cotton ball then dab the cotton ball on a paper towel to remove what you just put on. Then apply the now almost dry cotton ball
On the leather

View attachment 117188View attachment 117189View attachment 117188UuView attachment 117189
I totally LOVE the front leather.

Knife sheaths

IMG_0346.jpeg
IMG_0340.jpeg
IMG_0347.jpeg

Nice Sheath. I'm sure can be tailored to the knife brand and model?? Could it be a smooth leather without the stamping?
Yes and thanks for asking, I think a smooth side with out stamping is far more classy than stamped, BUT, Their are those that say bla bla bla

This sheath fits a 4”. - 7” folded knife
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking 1400 rpm wool buffer with grey rouge, the feed ramp needs a bit of a bevel too. it absolutely refuses to feed anything but ball ammo and not all of it.

Sounds like the gun found the good home it deserved.

Sounds like the gun found the good home it deserved.
Maybe. it will take a few hours of tinkering, but I can fix it. It shot fine when I bought it.
the only thing that changed was I oiled it. It shot these "remanufactured" JHPs fine.

Maybe. it will take a few hours of tinkering, but I can fix it. It shot fine when I bought it.
the only thing that changed was I oiled it. It shot these "remanufactured" JHPs fine.
I would suspect a heavy loaded handloads with heavier recoil. You'll have plenty of fun twerking it.

@ssonb
To end a stitch in the middle of a project

Stick needle in the hole and exit the side of the leather, do this with both threads
Then double knot the threads together cut and singe,
You are ready to start stitching again with new thread

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

When. You start your new thread
Put in 3 stitches then stop, go back 2 stitches, then go forward as you normally do
It is called a lock stitch. This will keep this area tight

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back