Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldest daughter went to court today. The judge gave her temporary custody of her grandchildren until a permanent court date is set. I'm really glad she was able to step up and do this. At the same time it makes me sad that she had to do it. I really feel sorry that grandparents have to do something like this, because they have already raised their children and can't be just a grandparent.

So true! And the kids get attitudes and take it out on the grand parents.

Dear Universe,
I've been thinking occasionally A lot about Nothing lately and how humans want to venture into space. To clairify, Nothing as; NOT in the concept of being in a blank sorta state of mind, but that the perception of "Nothing" really cant exist because you have to have existence of something. So where or in what mindset in whom made up the concept of "Nothing" my mind wonders..
There is always something , vibrating, existence, energy, vibrations of life abound in and out of our human perceptions. The human psych often fails to remember or perhaps recognize that what we are made of is in the same stuff that made the tree I'm looking or this computer. Soul, consciousness, the Spirit is what most would agree is that which seperates my glob of atoms and whatnot that make me different from the computer or tree.
Perhaps, if humans want to be galatic citizens though.. we should try to expand our perceptions of what is or be open to potential realities. All day at my job..I am part of a process of cutting up trees. Now don't go and think I'm one of those cumbobuyyah hippies n all that...just gets me to thinking we as a species so easily justify utilizing a once living rescource. So, at some point we venture into space with the same mindset and *uck with the wrong tree. Without evolution in thought and careful consideration I wonder if we will screw up what could be an epic adventure for our kind.
This brain storm started when I asked how the hunt went with a coworker and he stated he saw "nothin". So, being me I had to screw with him a bit and asked if he feel into a coma or something and how he seems to recovered well and fast. He became very confused..lol..until I asked him "ok, what do you see right now?" "forklift, stars, lumber..ok I get what you mean.."
I then proceeded to eat my cashews..and my mind bending began..
lol..

Hooch don't forget the spiritual realm. it creates the matter that creates. it is also the only thing science can't identify or explain. Atoms and electrical particles gives ability to produce likeness but they can't think or create.

I don't mind if it snows...a few inches...on Christmas morning...and is gone the next day and temperatures are back in the 80s.
It's the temperature of summer I don't like,if it's above 60 I start getting rather warm if I'm doing anything. I can go out when it's in the 40s with no jacket as long as the wind is calm and be fine. A few inches of snow is just a tease to me,I like it over 6" but a foot and up is better ;).

Good morning SH. Howzit going Mon!
Not too bad,been spending too much time on my war game and slacking on my chores around here ;). But it's finally cooling off and I'm lovin' it. Think I'll go out and mow and not have to worry about sweating my *** off :D.
How's it going with you?

Well change that @gumpy ,I was helping the Mrs. carry some limbs to a brush pile and stepped in a hole,twisted my ankle and fell. It only hurt my ankle and pride luckily. I haven't fallen in quite a few years now,almost do a lot but haven't went all the way down. Made me feel like a clumsy kid. :(

Latest posts

Back