Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE those peanuts. I like apples but seem to be addicted to them freeze dried. 🤦🏻‍♀️ like probably eating way to many of them. 😂
How’s your calf doing? Apples definitely make a great treat for them. When we don’t have apples we use apple horse treats. We started that when kids started coming and we’re scared of the “big” cows. They quickly get over it when treats are involved so we kept the “treat training” up. We don’t let them get to friendly but it definitely seems to be good for the kids fears.

He likes apples, he's even picky! lol. I bought a bag of cheap apples to help me train the calf some. I bought a big apple for me that was pretty good. I sliced off a few pieces for the calf. The first day he got one of the cheap ones he acted like he didn't want it.

I love dried apples. As a kid we'd put out sawhorses in the yard and put pieces of tin on them. Next we'd cover with brown paper from a big roll. Those are good eats, sun dried is different somehow.

I haven’t had sun dried. Only dehydrated up until this year. We usually go on a trip to an apple orchard once a year and get a big box and dehydrate them. This year it was freeze dried. My MIL had some she didn’t care for and sent them over for us. I processed them and FD’d them and she said they were amazing and addicting. Think she’s going to require more next year 😂
May have to research air dried though. That sounds good.

research winter & spring perennial vegetable plants. I have a friend who has rabbit manure he needs removed from his rabbit pins.
I will need browns, straw or leaves to mix in the beds, for garlic & perennials.

@Peanut Thank you 🤗
I didn’t even know there was 20 species of oaks total! That’s very cool! We have a VERY old oak in our yard. It’s one of my favorite trees in our yard that the old school teacher treasured. It’s still going strong today. Wish it gave us acorns so we could start another to take with us when we move.
We have about three types of live oak around here in southern Oregon, they don't loose their leaves in the fall and generally they have small leaves and acorns, one has leaves that look holly like. There used to be a few sawmills around that made oak flooring and window and door moldings, they've all closed down and we get those from back east. I love working with oak, all of the window and door moldings in our main room are oak and I built all of our kitchen cabinets out of oak faced 3/4" plywood with oak trim, all stained with Golden Oak stain. I'm just glad we got all the oak trim before the mills closed down, it's really hard finding any oak trim anymore. I guess that stuff is just for the rich now days.

I have no idea what this is called. it is good
use a non coated skillet

separate yolks from whites
oil pan, LOW heat
place yolks in pan, put a small bowl over the yolks, you want to stop them from mixing with the whit
pour the whites into pan, whip the whites as they cook VERY LOW HEAT

after it sets you can remove the glass then cover the skillet and let cook

Latest posts

Back