Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had to steal this definition from the movie "RED", Retired, Extremely Dangerous, not to friends, but my enemies need to keep this in mind.

I loved that movie. The second one wasn't as good. John Malkovich was priceless. 🤣

Came up with the idea of a christmas dinner for the lost boys. The teenager we have been raising is now 18 and has several friends with really screwy families. We are sorting out a day when they aren't in school or work then we will have them participate in cooking the food and have a small gift for each.

Came up with the idea of a christmas dinner for the lost boys. The teenager we have been raising is now 18 and has several friends with really screwy families. We are sorting out a day when they aren't in school or work then we will have them participate in cooking the food and have a small gift for each.
Hopefully when/if they have families of their own they will at least have some handle on preparing a dinner and thinking of others! Great idea!!

A story:

One day, the husband called his wife, and asked:
“Honey I’ve been asked to go fishing in China with my boss for a week. This is a good opportunity for me to get the promotion. So could you please pack enough clothes for a week, set out my rod & fishing box. We’re leaving from office & I’ll swing by the house to pick my things. Oh, and please pack my new blue silk pyjamas!”
His wife immediately noticed that something was not right with the lousy excuse her husband managed to invent for the next week, but she decided to be a good wife and do what she was asked to.
After a week, her husband returned home, and looked tired, but explained to her that he was happy that he has done a good job by attending the fishing party.
The woman wanted to know all in details, and asked about the boss, the weekend, the other colleagues, if they had caught fish, and so on. Her husband answered: “Yes, Lots of Salmon, Blue gill & a few Swordfish. But why didn’t you pack my blue silk pajamas?”
The woman replied: “I did…..They’re in your fishing box”.

This is not meant to be a Cautionary Story. You dudes know better. . . . Um, right?

That reminds me of the time my wife asks me and my Navy buddies how the fishing was. I said not good. She replied it might have been better if you had taken your fishing poles. Busted!
The next week we were out fishing again at Toby's Tavern and the phone rang. The bartender answered it then brought the phone to me. I took it and said hello. Duh. My wife asked how the fishing was. I could not believe I was dumb enough to answer the phone.
For reference if any of you fishermen are ever on Whidbey Island Washington stop in. Great place to fish. :)
Toby's Tavern - Coupeville, WA

That reminds me of the time my wife asks me and my Navy buddies how the fishing was. I said not good. She replied it might have been better if you had taken your fishing poles. Busted!
The next week we were out fishing again at Toby's Tavern and the phone rang. The bartender answered it then brought the phone to me. I took it and said hello. Duh. My wife asked how the fishing was. I could not believe I was dumb enough to answer the phone.
For reference if any of you fishermen are ever on Whidbey Island Washington stop in. Great place to fish. :)
Toby's Tavern - Coupeville, WA

O,K, so I have to weigh in on this story, kind of a Men are from Mars Women are from Venus theme.

A woman goes to work one morning, stays out all night, and comes home the following morning wearing the same clothes she was wearing when she left the morning before. Her husband asks "Where have you been?" She says, " I had to stay with a sick friend." He says O.K. and proceeds to call five of her best friends. She had not stayed with any of them. So the next day the husband stays out all night coming home in the same clothes he was wearing when he had left the morning before. The wife asks "Where have you been?" He says "I had to stay with a sick friend." She calls five of his best friends. Three of them said he was there. Two of them said he was still there. You gotta love it.

Merry Christmas!!

1671971374631.png

I don't know where else to put this, so here you go...
For all of the people addicted to using Alexa, expect to start paying a monthly fee to use it:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/11/amazon-alexa-is-a-colossal-failure-on-pace-to-lose-10-billion-this-year/
Alexa never managed to create an ongoing revenue stream, though, so Alexa doesn't really make any money. The Alexa division is part of the "Worldwide Digital" group along with Amazon Prime video, and Business Insider says that division lost $3 billion in just the first quarter of 2022, with "the vast majority" of the losses blamed on Alexa. That is apparently double the losses of any other division, and the report says the hardware team is on pace to lose $10 billion this year.
Those are billions with a B!
And do not put it past them holding your 'Alexa-controlled' devices hostage if you don't pay the ransom (your bill), by rendering them non-functional:mad: .
Refrigerator, air-conditioner, etc.
Then ask yourself, were they losing billions, or investing in the control of millions of people?

About six month ago I went to JB's for chicken wings, it was $8.56, I went back to BJ's last week & the same wings are $15.99!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back