Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too much. Same old same old. Got 14 months left to pay off the house. Not to bad at 41 years old I guess. Still hope to be debt free by 2029 but it looks like my 2030 new world order take over plan has been accelerated. Lol.
Congratulations in advance on the house, that will be an awesome feeling that day!!

We are still working on the new furniture we have got rid of most of our old furniture now. A few years back I built a little apartment in my shop building so when we have guests they would have a nice private place to stay. We furnished it with whatever we could find that was used and cheap. While Jake and Alexandra were working on our house today I went and worked on the apartment. I hung a 60 inch tv in there and got all of the furniture set up. I’m really pleased with how it’s looking. We probably have a couple of days left on our house but at least now one of our places is in order now.

IMG_2638.jpeg
IMG_2639.jpeg
IMG_2644.jpeg
IMG_2641.jpeg

Work is busy, I’m still not up to par and not much time to get into the forum and see what’s going on.
The dog was taken in for her yearly which we do for heart worm check. Now daughter has decided to go ahead with heart worm preventative. Apparently the dog was much better behaved than usual.

Another snow storm at my place already 12 inches added to what is already there
:( 4f plus winds
More shoving the porch and balcony in front in back and on side of the house
Other snow storm coming up on Saturday sigh
Is it good snowman kinda snow? (Asking for a very specific reason)

This week has been nuts 🤪 One would think I would function perfectly under such conditions but. . . . .

We took a walk around the lake today, then came home and worked on my outdoor lighting. I thought the transformer was broken, but fortunately, I found a YouTube video on how it works. I was just going to toss it and buy a new one, so i just saved about $150!

We took a walk around the lake today, then came home and worked on my outdoor lighting. I thought the transformer was broken, but fortunately, I found a YouTube video on how it works. I was just going to toss it and buy a new one, so i just saved about $150!
YouTube videos can be VERY helpful!!

Another snow storm at my place already 12 inches added to what is already there
:( 4f plus winds
More shoving the porch and balcony in front in back and on side of the house
Other snow storm coming up on Saturday sigh
I suspect for you your weather there in the Maritimes comes with lake affect... For me, when I lived farther north, weather always came from the Yukon.. Rarely a pleasant event.. In the 3rd day now of ...winter storm warning... predicting 3-8" of snow and not a flake so far... Knockonwood... Just colder, 30/15F range with west winds and gloomy overcast.. Actually.. It would be good to get the moisture as fire danger is in the extreme range for quite while now..

Latest posts

Back