Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure are. Now, I kinda wonder how I've learned what I have, in the past, without the internet.
Good ol' trial and error, or watching someone else who had experience! I've found that even if I know how to do something, there is usually someone on YouTube who has some hack or easier way to do it!!

Good ol' trial and error, or watching someone else who had experience! I've found that even if I know how to do something, there is usually someone on YouTube who has some hack or easier way to do it!!
I's speaking of when there were magazines, local news papers, etc... And if a person had the good fortune as I.... learning from others with real life experience about everyday experiences and even learning from others to advance God given talents and skills. Or, maybe it's just a genetic thing.... either way - I've made-out alright, and thankful for it.

Last edited:
another sprinkle of snow on the porch today, did some errans and stopped in at a tucked away restruant bar..had a sprite and the tastiest pot stickers on a chilly afternoon. Just regular folks hanging out chatting and interacting .....i love out of the way places in montana.
happy trails untill we meet again.

The round ol’ moon is hanging just above you folks out east. Beautiful
Ain't there supposed to be a partial lunar eclipse about 2am tonight?
(Being a late-night guy, I don't consider it 'tomorrow' until 5am :rolleyes:).

I got really reamed, steamed...and dry cleaned in a divorce. I moved into an old and "fully depreciated" house in the middle of nowhere. I plunked down a foam rubber mat...room for the dog, too...and had mice running over us all night. What a dump. But, I decided to make the best of it. Now...ten years later...it's a nice place. Two sons live here...another young couple...and a kid my boys went to HS with. All renters. I got a whole wing to myself. FIVE recording studios...heaps of their young friends always crashing over...great music goin' on...and it turned out pretty okay!

Ain't there supposed to be a partial lunar eclipse about 2am tonight?
(Being a late-night guy, I don't consider it 'tomorrow' until 5am :rolleyes:).
It's a good thing I nap during the day and routinely stay up past 2am...
It was a big 'nothing-sandwich', the bottom edge got a little fuzzy and that was it. :(
I woulda been peeved if I had been a 'normal person' and had missed sleep for just that:mad:.

It was a big 'nothing-sandwich', the bottom edge got a little fuzzy and that was it. :(
I woulda been peeved if I had been a 'normal person' and had missed sleep for just that:mad:.
Haha, it's a good thing I nap during the day and routinely get up just past 2am!😃 So who's more normal??🤔

Ya gotta read about it to understand what’s happening. If you’re not into it then don’t look. 🙈 But at least you got to see it.

Latest posts

Back