Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time no see, hear from.
I might be able to read smoke signals maybe?
How are you?
Where you been?
What have been doing?
Inquring minds want to know.
And I'm just plain nosey too?
Oh this last year as been so busy for me that I've met myself going out to do things and coming back in at the same time o_O. It's not showing any signs of letting up anytime soon either.....I wish I hadn't ever quit working, I'm busier now than I was back then....I need a vacation...🥹

Yeah, but how many did you buy? I am not very good at cipherin’ statistics, but even buying $50 worth of tickets seems to me I’d win! 💰🏦 :Dancing Chicken:
I bought 5 Mega Millions and 5 Powerball. ($20).

Well, ... didn't win a penny on Mega Millions :(. My hopes of becoming a billionaire have been dashed! But the winning ticket was sold in NJ. Someone just became VERY wealthy!!

Still have a chance this evening with Powerball. :)

Last edited:
I bought 5 Mega Millions and 5 Powerball. ($20).

Well, ... didn't win a penny on Mega Millions :(. My hopes of becoming a billionaire have been dashed! But the winning ticket was sold in NJ. Someone just became VERY wealthy!!

Still have a chance this evening with Powerball. :)
Good luck. I don't recall having ever bought a lottery/lotto ticket.
@Pearl you're not telling, huh?
@squirrelhunter someone posted a thread this week that had a photo of you in it with your dear wife.

Welp, Tis getting Close to that Time of Fighting the Pillow so I Hope All here have a pleasant night and a "Good Morning" upon waking...!!! Take Care and May GOD Bless Y'all...!! 🥱

Oh this last year as been so busy for me that I've met myself going out to do things and coming back in at the same time o_O. It's not showing any signs of letting up anytime soon either.....I wish I hadn't ever quit working, I'm busier now than I was back then....I need a vacation...🥹
That is a common thing you have to do the things you never had time to do when you worked.

I have learned Procrastination since I retired 9 years ago It is a survival thing, without it there is no rest or sleep I prioritize the kids stuff first, then ours, then mine I don't get a lot of MY stuff done.

Good luck. I don't recall having ever bought a lottery/lotto ticket.
@Pearl you're not telling, huh?
@squirrelhunter someone posted a thread this week that had a photo of you in it with your dear wife.
Now I don't remember what I dreamed about during my nap yesterday!🤔😃 But last night I dreamed about cooking catfish!😮🤔 I'm going to see my two 90+ year old friends today, they have been after me to take them out for catfish, so I guess that's where that dream is coming from!🙄

That is a common thing you have to do the things you never had time to do when you worked.

I have learned Procrastination since I retired 9 years ago It is a survival thing, without it there ism no rest or sleep I prioritize the kids stuff first, then ours, then mine I don't get a lot of MY stuff done.
My problem is that things go wrong faster than I can fix them, I didn't have that problem when I worked, it's been 18 years since I worked. My health is my biggest problem, it takes me a lot longer to do things than it use to.

Now I don't remember what I dreamed about during my nap yesterday!🤔😃 But last night I dreamed about cooking catfish!😮🤔 I'm going to see my two 90+ year old friends today, they have been after me to take them out for catfish, so I guess that's where that dream is coming from!🙄
Well you best just get with it then 😂

Pics hold a Thousand Words :

1711718854358.png

Was in a deep sleep last night, but once an hour, I heard an unusual "chirp" coming from my living room. It became so annoying that at 5am, I decided to just get up and check it out. Seems the battery in my hallway motion detector for my burglar alarm needs replacing. Geesh!
This battery is one of those "123" batteries. The local hardware store sells them for $7 a piece. My local gun shop sells them for $1 a piece, since many scopes and flashlights use the same battery. Problem is that this is a gun shop. I'm afraid it may cost me way more, because it is a gun shop, and i can always use more toys.

Was in a deep sleep last night, but once an hour, I heard an unusual "chirp" coming from my living room. It became so annoying that at 5am, I decided to just get up and check it out. Seems the battery in my hallway motion detector for my burglar alarm needs replacing. Geesh!
This battery is one of those "123" batteries. The local hardware store sells them for $7 a piece. My local gun shop sells them for $1 a piece, since many scopes and flashlights use the same battery. Problem is that this is a gun shop. I'm afraid it may cost me way more, because it is a gun shop, and i can always use more toys.

So, a footnote to this morning's dilemma. Once I replaced the battery, then the dumb alarm started chirping every 5 seconds. I called my alarm company (ADT) and asked if he could help me. He told me when I open up a "contact" to replace the battery, I need to leave the contact battery-less for 2 minutes, before reinstalling the battery and plugging the contact back in. I did as he described, and this silenced the alarm. I asked about getting free batteries from him, since this has always been part of my service contract. He agreed and shipped me out 2 of the CR123A lithium batteries, which after tax and shipping was $43! Dang, are these batteries gold plated these days?

Yes, I'm getting old!

Soon bee Heading into another Plane of Existence, Hoping All here have a Much Needed Peaceful Sleep and Wake Refreshed in the Knowledge that :

1711854894112.png

Latest posts

Back