Garden 2021

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

UrbanHunter

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am starting on the 4th rotation of my container potatoes this year, the smaller 5 gallon containers worked okay but the potatoes were small, the last rotation I put 5 (half potato's) into each of the 3-17 gallon tubs I had, I used store potatoes that had some eyes sprouting, they all have produced several (2-4) plants, will have to wait to see if they make potatoes..

This weekend will be a big work in the garden weekend as the weather has shifted and my indoor plants are just completely over grown at this point, will also be harvesting the 3rd rotation of potatoes.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am starting on the 4th rotation of my container potatoes this year, the smaller 5 gallon containers worked okay but the potatoes were small, the last rotation I put 5 (half potato's) into each of the 3-17 gallon tubs I had, I used store potatoes that had some eyes sprouting, they all have produced several (2-4) plants, will have to wait to see if they make potatoes..

This weekend will be a big work in the garden weekend as the weather has shifted and my indoor plants are just completely over grown at this point, will also be harvesting the 3rd rotation of potatoes.
Urban ,I'm sure you'll let us know how they worked out.

We set out blueberry plants today, told hubby to harden them off but he says they will be fine, hope so since they already have little berries on them from being inside in sunny window. He doesn't want to lift the heavy pots yet,he said this late afternoon.

Erin

Super Friend
Neighbor
Yesterday I went through my sprouts, figured out what seeds hadn't sprouted, and replanted them. They might end up a growing a bit later than the first group, but it's still early enough that I'm hoping they'll all be ready when I want them. Still gets to freezing every couple weeks here so they're not outside yet, but I've been doing some yard work and will have more space for planting soon. Planning to buy seeds for some dye plants and herbs that i won't put in the veggie garden.

Amish Heart

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I got all the kale seeds in ground. That's another thing I don't really like, but husband does. Our son brought me a pkt of them from Baker Seeds...they're the giant leaf type, so his reasoning is some for dad, alot for the chickens. Planted my mints in an area outside the kitchen window. Started digging a strawberry area, but was distracted with husband mowing all over the place with the new mower. Hope to finish it tomorrow.
Repotted the squash seedlings that are too big for the four pks I seed started in. Have a whole bunch of other seedlings to repot still.

Erin

Super Friend
Neighbor
Transplanted half my blueberry bushes today, hoping they survive and thrive. Gotta do the other half soon

Latest posts