Good Morning

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning (actually just slightly late by 11 minutes) everyone. Its a very windy day here, but I am inside. I wish I could share your enthusiasm for the NFL. I used to really enjoy watching, but I am continuing my personal boycott. I have plans to re-arrange my sock drawer during SB52.

image.jpg

Good morning. Back at it again today, deer season goes till the 31st.

Good morning everyone!

Good evening T/F.

What-up there Shooter, Jim, Jerry, Terry & Mr. Mark.

Like Shooter noted, it's raining but warm here in the Delaware Valley today.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Good evening to you, Sir.

Rain? My grandfather said he saw it once. It sounded like an event to be remembered and passed down through generations. I am hoping that I get to see it before I pass. :confused;

I got up from my afternoon nap about 45 minutes ago. I went into my bathroom to shower and shave and was greeted by one of our feral cat running by me at full speed. (We have no idea how it got in - its a first for us)
:bigeyes:

I saw it round the corner into my room and up the stairs to the second floor (which we use for storage and to shoot coyotes from). Being already naked :ROLF:, I did not immediately pursue it. After getting pants on, my wife and I searched :wait: the 3 rooms without success.

:surrender:I finally got my humane trap from outside and re-educated myself as to how it functioned, suffering only minor abrasions. It is now in place and baited with canned cat food.
:popcorn:

.....and I still need a shower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning from chilly Oklahoma.

110 miles northwest of dancer4life = 22 degrees a 8 AM. Forecast was for a low of 28. Its supposed to get warmer over the next few days.

Good morning everyone.

110 miles northwest of dancer4life = 22 degrees a 8 AM. Forecast was for a low of 28. Its supposed to get warmer over the next few days.

Good morning everyone.
I know, it's suppose to be 65 degrees Friday at Grand Lake. We will be up there at our lake house this weekend. It should be pretty nice.

30 here at 0835. Heavy frost this morning at 0400 and about 24. Gonna get to the 50s today with sunshine. and like others in the mid west, warming up as the week goes on.

Thanks for that "visual" Terry... :ROLF:

You are welcome, Kevin. I think seeing me naked is what caused the cat to panic and run to begin with....

FWIW, the cat is still somewhere upstairs, hidden amongst the boxes in one room (two rooms are clear) and has avoided the humane trap - so far. :wait:

I await the outcome of this ...... :popcorn:

My wife just came home from her Wed AM visit to her mother's. She is not pleased to find out that I did not capture (or even locate) the cat while she was gone. She is now convinced that either I was hallucinating (was not) or blind. She is going to show me how its done.
:drinking: (Coke)

I guess I will hold off on my afternoon nap......just in case I need to hold the door open for her.

Maybe the cat got out the same way it came in (unknown). If its in there got to get hungry soon. Have a pot of chili on and the suspense is frightning. This is more exciting than the election outcome.

Well, I should have taken a nap. After a diligent and tiring search, my wife declared the 2nd floor to be cat-free. She again questioned how many cats we have and if I really saw a cat in the house.

After a brief rest, she decided to check the ground floor. She located the cat in the water heater / cleaning supplies closet in our laundry room. I used cardboard to make a hallway for it to get to the front door and I held the front door open while she used one of her alternate transportation devices to poke the cat lightly to make it run - which it did.

Instead of running out the door, it ran under my shooting bench in the kitchen, through the opening in a child's gate, and into my den where it hid under my settee. Aha, I thought. Now we have it.

I got a bunch of cardboard boxes from the carport and made a tunnel instead of a hallway leading directly to the front door which I propped open instead of me holding it.

As ill fortune would have it, when poked out from under the settee, the cat bolted through the cardboard barrier on the stairs instead of running into the tunnel.

It is now upstairs and somewhere unknown. My wife could not find it and is now not talking to me. Well, that is not true. She just came in and said a few words in "SailorSpeak" and went back to her desk.

The one good thing - she now believes me that a cat is in the house..
:bang Head:

Live trap is set with water and food. Stairway is sealed off. 2nd floor belongs to the cat.

....and, I missed my 1 PM nap....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly to Dept. of Corrections standards, but price was good.

Latest posts

Back