Hello! I am glad to be here.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamelina

Friend
Neighbor
Hi. I am Pamelina. Thank you for welcoming me. I hope to learn here and be of help to someone here as well. I have been canning for 30 years but still learning new things. I am an an avid soap maker too. It’s very addicting ! Lol. I think I just made enough soap for 2 years and I’m getting itchy to make some more. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hello and a warm welcome from S.W. Oregon, we have a friend that is legally blind, she with the help of her husband are avid canners and they also make soap, to us, they are more family than our real family, my wife just had a hip joint replaced and they cooked meals and brought them to us, it's really amazing to consider how much she does, so much so that we forget that she is blind. We live in a close community of people that look out for one another, we realize that it's a gift from God, as is this forum, you've come to the right place, happy to see you here.

Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome, Pamelina.
I have always wanted to learn how to can, just been afraid to try.
If I can, anyone can. :p
You can get started for under a hundred bucks by hitting a goodwill. pretty soon you'll be knee deep in salsa, soup and tomatoes.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

Greeting from far north west Canada...
A general location, or at least listing a growing zone makes it easier to put into prospective the things you post about... For instance.... Here in our bush we are a zone 2..

Welcome!

We are on a no-salt diet and have been canning "quick meals" for about 5 years, mostly we have been converting our own recipes into canning batches. We have about a half a dozen that we have made and really liked. I like the stews and soups, sometimes when you can a soup or stew it will have a slightly scorched taste, I learned that adding a half cup or so of frozen veggies in as you reheat it will take that scorched taste away....

We try to keep 2 jars of each meal ready in the kitchen and if the wife has a bad day and there are no leftovers in the kitchen I can quickly make a good low salt meal for us easy pea-sy.

And A BIG WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!

Latest posts

Back