Historical Events In America

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e question into which state our economic and social system should be “reset” and restarted after the unprecedented economic and social total crash. Then there is the question of what can be expected from a “return agenda” that will be formulat

[ I don't know if this is a good or bad idea but it lookslike somebody wants to control us all, although I haven't read it all so still studing ],Meerkat.

If we think of the current crime against humanity, which has been unleashed worldwide by the “Big Money”, the globalists, foundations, Big Pharma and the WHO on the occasion of the “global corona false alarm”, together with the hypocritical promises of salvation of the kabbalistic World Economic Forum and the predatory International Monetary Fund, then we cannot assume a de-globalization and a turning away from inhuman neoliberalism. The ruling “elite” will use the meeting in Davos to further advance the global control of us citizens by destroying nation states. And this will be a great danger for humanity, which we can only fend off together.

A short 3 minute history lesson ,Chins Mao ,USA and Taiwan.

Soon we too will be history but hopfully not too soon or too violent,but until then I'll keep looking back as an amature historian,beats anything HollyHood throws up most of the time.
Braveheat was interesting story showing how barbaric and vile mankind can be no mattter the territory or race.But then it also shows how brave and caring he can be too.:devil:Devil or angel flesh is led by the spirit.

The Cival War was it really fought over slavery ,according to Lincoln it was not.

I had read this years ago after talking to a black person about slavery and they said Lincoln didn't free the blacks and and I argured he did,so I did mu resrach and found this before it is taken out of the books like much of our history.

Abraham Lincoln said war was over taxes, not slavery

In a Friday, June 19, 2015 file photo, the Confederate flag flies near the South Carolina Statehouse, in Columbia, S.C. (AP Photo/Rainier Ehrhardt, File)

(Rainier Ehrhardt)

By Roger K. Broxton of Andalusia, president of the Confederate Heritage Fund

Abraham Lincoln repeatedly stated his war was caused by taxes only, and not by slavery, at all.

"My policy sought only to collect the Revenue (a 40 percent federal sales tax on imports to Southern States under the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861)." reads paragraph 5 of Lincoln's First Message to the U.S. Congress, penned July 4, 1861.

"I have no purpose, directly or in-directly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists

. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so," Lincoln said it his first inaugural on March 4 of the same year.

There is no proof of Lincoln ever declaring the war was fought to abolish slavery, and without such an official statement, the war-over-slavery teaching remains a complete lie and offensive hate speech that divides Americans, as is being done now by the media and politicians regarding the Confederate flag in South Carolina.

Slavery was NOT abolished; just the name was changed to sharecropper with over 5 million Southern whites and 3 million Southern blacks working on land stolen by Wall Street bankers.

White, black, Indian, Hispanic, Protestant, Catholic and Jewish Confederates valiantly stood as one in thousands of battles

. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so," Lincoln said it his first inaugural on March 4 of the same year.

There is no proof of Lincoln ever declaring the war was fought to abolish slavery, and without such an official statement, the war-over-slavery teaching remains a complete lie and offensive hate speech that divides Americans, as is being done now by the media and politicians regarding the Confederate flag in South Carolina.

Slavery was NOT abolished; just the name was changed to sharecropper with over 5 million Southern whites and 3 million Southern blacks working on land stolen by Wall Street bankers.

White, black, Indian, Hispanic, Protestant, Catholic and Jewish Confederates valiantly stood as one in thousands of battles on land and sea. Afterwards, they attended Confederate Veterans' reunions together and received pensions from Southern States.

Photos of black Confederate veterans may be seen in Alabama's Archives in Scrapbook - 41st Reunion of United Confederate Veterans, Montgomery, June 2,3,4 and 5, 1931."

Lincoln did not claim slavery was a reason even in his Emancipation Proclamations on Sept. 22, 1862, and Jan. 1, 1863. Moreover, Lincoln's proclamations exempted a million slaves under his control from being freed (including General U.S. Grant's four slaves) and offered the South three months to return to the Union (pay 40 percent sales tax) and keep their slaves. None did. Lincoln affirmed his only reason for issuing was: "as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said (tax) rebellion."

Mrs. Grant wrote in her personal memoirs: "We rented our pretty little home (in St. Louis) and hired out our four servants to persons whom we knew and who promised to be kind to them. Eliza, Dan, Julia and John belonged to me. When I visited the General during the War, I nearly always had Julia with me as nurse."

continued on link site.

I

The war between the states was begun by unconstitutional taxation, limits on sale of goods, and price controls on the southern states. It was not a civil war. The southern states were not trying to change the government they were fighting to be a free country - just like the colonies fought against the British. The war, and the emancipation proclamation did not stop slavery. It only stopped slavery in those southern states that fought for freedom. The north continued slavery until the 13th amendment was ratified.
If you want to find the "WHY" of the actions of man always look to the power and greed. No war was ever fought over philosophical views although most have used that for an excuse. Wars are fought for power, money or production of both.

The war between the states was begun by unconstitutional taxation, limits on sale of goods, and price controls on the southern states. It was not a civil war. The southern states were not trying to change the government they were fighting to be a free country - just like the colonies fought against the British. The war, and the emancipation proclamation did not stop slavery. It only stopped slavery in those southern states that fought for freedom. The north continued slavery until the 13th amendment was ratified.
If you want to find the "WHY" of the actions of man always look to the power and greed. No war was ever fought over philosophical views although most have used that for an excuse. Wars are fought for power, money or production of both.

Whoops hijacked my own thread 'AGAIN'.Back on topic,

https://www.history.com/news/declaration-of-independence-deleted-anti-slavery-clause-jefferson

The removal was mostly fueled by political and economic expediencies. While the 13 colonies were already deeply divided on the issue of slavery, both the South and the North had financial stakes in perpetuating it. Southern plantations, a key engine of the colonial economy, needed free labor to produce tobacco, cotton and other cash crops for export back to Europe. Northern shipping merchants, who also played a role in that economy, remained dependent on the triangle trade between Europe,

1605984943463.png

Last edited:
Slavery today in Africa,wheres the outcry?

https://needtoknow.news/2019/07/there-are-9-2-million-slaves-in-africa-today/
PBS.org and Dr. Henry Louis Gates reported that between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. Only about 388,000 were shipped to North America. Today in Africa there are an estimated 9.2-million people living in modern day slavery, but Western politicians do not speak out against this injustice. CNN reported in March that 20,000 children were believed to be working as slaves on Lake Volta in the fishing industry in Ghana, Africa. Slavery exists in other countries that suffer from poverty, including China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, and more. -GEG
Now they want to send them here to burn,loot and kill like their brothers along with white commie allies do.
Africa has had 5000 years to live in peace yet they keep allowing leaders to keep them in theird world even though they are rich in resources .But their leaders sell off their resources to rich big bizand their motly white owners, so both are to blame but more so the Africans themselves who prefer complacent lifestyles to freedom.

While there are still some resources left in Africa these American blacks need to recue them,instead of reperations from the only ones who supported them and saved them from their brothers worse forms of slavery.
of course the only history them or most Americans know is the history that the communist Joe Mccarthy 'The Greaat american' warned us about that had infiltrated our media,universitiys and politics. I'm thinking the royal family and the scandanavian oligarche crackpots playing with CERN and God particles. :eek: were behind,but not sure.
Talking about blue eyed devils, check out these crackpots,
Mute suggested ;)

Had a ittle ' Intermission ' ,now back to our subject,

Civil War Casualties

The Civil War was America's bloodiest conflict. The unprecedented violence of battles such as Shiloh, Antietam, Stones River, and Gettysburg shocked citizens and international observers alike. Nearly as many men died in captivity during the Civil War as were killed in the whole of the Vietnam War. Hundreds of thousands died of disease. Roughly 2% of the population, an estimated 620,000 men, lost their lives in the line of duty. Taken as a percentage of today's population, the toll would have risen as high as 6 million souls.

The Numbers Illustrated
The human cost of the Civil War was beyond anybody's expectations. The young nation experienced bloodshed of a magnitude that has not been equaled since by any other American conflict.

Military Losses in American Wars

The numbers of Civil War dead were not equaled by the combined toll of other American conflicts until the War in Vietnam. Some believe the number is as high as 850,000. The Civil War Trust does not agree with this claim.

Civil War Battle Casualties

Civil War Battle Casualties
casualties by battle

ivil War Service by Population
csa usa totals

Even with close to total conscription, the South could not match the North's numerical strength. Southerners also stood a significantly greater chance of being killed, wounded, or captured.

Confederate Military Deaths by State

csa losses by state

Union Military Deaths by State
usa losses by state

A man who loved and lived for war George S. Patton. But without thes kinds od men would we have had the previledge of living in the greatest nation for over 200 years now?

Talking about ' Columbus Day with friend and this came up. Haven't studied it yet so I'll park it here for future reference.

The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America

The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
Leif Eriksson Day commemorates the Norse explorer believed to have led the first European expedition to North America.
CHRISTOPHER KLEIN

I'm looking at this again for futher study. Beats studing these new 'leaders'.

I noticed a movie came out " Good Night And Good Luck " about certain media men and veteran generals.
Well that was not the end of the story or even the beginning.
The rest of the story or at least the other side, before it is erased from history forever.

Last edited:
I loved this video, it wwas inspiring, sad and great all in one.Made me tear up.Gave me chill bumps.

Many discoverers disappeared on expiditions ,below are a few,maybe it one of their ships found this week on St.Augustine Beach.:dunno:.

1606684421793.png

4. Jean-Francois de Galaup Lapérouse
Photo12/UIG/Getty Images
In 1785 France’s King Louis XVI dispatched the explorer Jean-Francois de Galaup Lapérouse on a grand around-the-world mapmaking expedition. After setting sail from Brest, the navigator rounded Cape Horn and spent the next few years surveying the coastlines of California, Alaska, Russia, Japan, Korea and the Philippines. Lapérouse reached Australia in 1788, but after leaving Botany Bay his fleet disappeared. A rescue expedition arrived in 1791, but it found no trace of Lapérouse, his two ships or his 225 crewmembers.
It was nearly 40 years before any evidence of the explorer’s fate emerged. In 1826 an Irish sea captain named Peter Dillon learned from natives that a pair of ships had once sunk near the island of Vanikoro. After sailing to the site, Dillon recovered anchors and other wreckage later confirmed to belong to Lapérouse’s two ships. In a bizarre twist, the locals also claimed that some of the men—including the group’s “chief”—had survived on Vanikoro for some time before building a ramshackle boat and heading out to sea. If this mysterious “chief” was indeed Lapérouse, it would mean the doomed navigator survived for several years longer than was originally believed.
5. Sir John Franklin and Francis Crozier
The Print Collector/Print Collector/Getty Images
Sir John Franklin and Francis Crozier were among the most renowned polar explorers of the 19th century, and their disappearance triggered a decades-long series of rescue missions. In 1845 the duo led two ships, the HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, on an expedition to discover the elusive Northwest Passage—the sea route linking the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. But after passing Baffin Island that July, the expedition vanished without a trace.
It was two years before a search party arrived from England, and only then did some of the terrifying details of the explorers’ fate finally come to light. The investigations revealed that Franklin and Crozier’s vessels had become trapped in pack ice during the winter of 1846-1847.
While the expedition had three years’ worth of supplies, all the provisions had been sealed with lead, which almost certainly contaminated the sailors’ food. The crew soon became weakened and delirious from lead poisoning, and at least 20 men—including Franklin—perished by mid-1848.

Natives who came in contact with the expedition later claimed that Crozier tried to lead the survivors south in search of help. Most if not all of the men are believed to have died during the journey, and recent evidence shows some even resorted to cannibalism. Spurred on by Franklin’s widow, as many as 50 ships would later travel to Canada in an attempt to locate the lost expedition, but the bodies of Franklin and Crozier were never recovered.
In September 2014, a search team found the wreck of Erebus, sitting in just 11 meters (36 feet) of water. Two years later, another team found the almost-pristine wreck of Terror, in deeper water to its companion’s northwest.
READ MORE: What Happened to the Franklin Expedition?
6. Peng Jiamu
ChinaFotoPress/Getty Images
ChinaFotoPress/Getty Images
Perhaps the most famous example of a modern lost explorer is Peng Jiamu, a Chinese biologist who vanished during a desert expedition in 1980. One of China’s most beloved adventurers, Peng began his travels in the late 1950s. He participated in multiple scientific expeditions to northwestern China’s Lop Nor desert, often described as one of the driest places in the world. In 1980 Peng led a team of biologists, geologists and archeologists to Lop Nor to conduct new research. But several days into the journey, he abruptly disappeared from his camp after leaving a note saying he was going out to find water.
The Chinese government launched a massive search of the desert, but no sign of Peng was ever found. According to those familiar with the dangers of Lop Nor, the famed biologist was most likely buried alive by a freak sandstorm or crushed by an avalanche of loose soil. But while as many as six skeletons have been recovered from Lop Nor since his disappearance, none has been proven to be Peng.

TAGSEXPLORERSDISAPPEARANCES
BY
EVAN ANDREWS

FACT CHECK: We strive for accuracy and fairness. But if you see something that doesn't look right, click here to contact us! HISTORY reviews and updates its content regularly to ensure it is complete and accurate.

Twice a week we compile our most fascinating features and deliver them straight to you.

section_header_art_medium_b2.jpg

RELATED CONTENT
gettyimages-151108038-2

The Enduring Mystery Behind Percy Fawcett’s Disappearance

list-6-mysterious-disappearances-jimmy-hoffa-2

6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History

list-6-famous-castaways-2

6 Famous Castaways

lists-6-famous-lands-that-never-existed-prester-john-155635448-2

6 Famous Places that Never Existed

list-6-soldiers-refused-surrender-joseph-o-shelby-2

6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender

gettyimages-89868775-2

The Mysterious Disappearance of L’Oiseau Blanc

© 2020 A&E Television Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Look what I just came across,A FAMOUS PANDEMIC! One our fore fathere dealt with,plus the story of THANKSGIVING TO BOOT.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-11-25/pilgrims-thanksgiving-mayflower-pandemic-plymouth

The pandemic has interfered with the 400th anniversary, and that disruption actually tells the true story of Plymouth. On Dec. 20, 1620, the Pilgrims came ashore where they did because an epidemic had cleared the way. Plymouth is founded on an epidemic.

The Pilgrims, as we call these religious separatists, dissenters from the Church of England, had a rough crossing. Landing first on Cape Cod, they stole the Wampanoags’ stored corn, entered their houses, taking the “best things,” and robbed a few graves, taking “sundry of the prettiest things away with us.” They wrote all this down. But they were still unsure where to settle.

Plymouth, Mass., had planned for a big party this year to mark its 400th anniversary. The replica Mayflower II, a gift to the U.S. from Britain in 1957 and now grandly restored for more than $11 million, was readied to sail ceremoniously into the harbor as tens of thousands cheered.

The last big anniversary of Plymouth’s founding, the 300th in 1920, was a huge event that held the nation’s attention. Nearly 1,400 citizen-actors took part in a historical pageant with a finale by Robert Frost. Even Plymouth Rock had a speaking role. Vice President-elect Calvin Coolidge delivered an address declaring that “Plymouth Rock

1606684932363.png

Last edited:
PART 2,

The pandemic has interfered with the 400th anniversary, and that disruption actually tells the true story of Plymouth. On Dec. 20, 1620, the Pilgrims came ashore where they did because an epidemic had cleared the way. Plymouth is founded on an epidemic.

The Pilgrims, as we call these religious separatists, dissenters from the Church of England, had a rough crossing. Landing first on Cape Cod, they stole the Wampanoags’ stored corn, entered their houses, taking the “best things,” and robbed a few graves, taking “sundry of the prettiest things away with us.” They wrote all this down. But they were still unsure where to settle.

The Pilgrims, and the Puritans 10 years after them, had not come to a “waste and howling wilderness,” as one Puritan minister wrote in a 1651 poem. Over thousands of years, the Wampanoag people had cultivated a prosperous and bountiful land. Thriving villages were connected by a network of trails that ran through the forest and fields. Along the trails, they had dug small holes about a foot deep that were story-markers, reminders of the stories to be told at that spot. They grew corn, beans, squash and melons, hunted deer and other animals, gathered acorns, berries and roots, and fished by building weirs in the rivers and along the seacoast, where they also harvested crabs, oysters, scallop.

Take this with a grain of salt. If it was so great our Euro Catholic cousins 'The Spanish' would have taken it like they did everything else in site of any worth while importing slaves along with Portugal to the new World.
Still not sure what was going on when the Inuets first came across the frozen Stepps from Asia .
So far we have the Asians and Euros here all claiming to be the first. But what mattters is who made ir great and it wasn't Buddah or Catholics this part of history we know we know.
Although all that were here and those to come helped make it great.

https://www.windstream.net/player/c...tory_the_washington_monument_is_com-velephant

Video Summary: This Day in History: , The Washington Monument Is Completed. December 6, 1884. The Washington Monument stood as the tallest man-made structure in the world at the time. A monument to honor the nation's first president, George Washington, had been a focus of Congress since 1783. The Washington Monument Society began raising funds for the structure in 1832. Though fundraising efforts had fallen well short of the the $1 million budget, construction of Robert Mills' design began on July...

Going back into our history and some of its people.If you want to know what is to come look back to what was and since I like looking back anyway why not check it out?:). What sticks out BIGLY :Din this paragraph below is "THE EAST INDIA COMPANY".

n the Dutch Golden Age, which had its zenith around 1667, there was a flowering of trade, industry, and the sciences. A rich worldwide Dutch empire developed and the Dutch East India Company became one of the earliest and most important of national mercantile companies based on entrepreneurship and trade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Netherlands

Last edited:
Its looking like these former tribes of babrbareans and saints have finally almost got control of the world. No wonder the World Economic Forum is in Davos Switzerland .While some say its the Jews who are setting up the NWO and ruling seems facts point elsewhere.
Not that it matters I guess because it sure ain't me,lol.

A little truthful history you won't see or hear about now a days.

You want to see how they have destroyed history just do like I just did and try to find 5 million white share croppers on google. Much of our history has been wiped clean.

This is all thats left of any kind of facts about sharecropping.

Farmers Without Land: The Plight of White Tenant Farmers and Sharecroppers | Mississippi History Now

children in factories during industrial revolution.

https://www2.needham.k12.ma.us/nhs/cur/Baker_00/2002_p7/ak_p7/childlabor.html

Wheres their reparatons? See how they lie to us in our schools now? No more the educators fault than our own, we let the book writers hired by the communist have our children and destroy our history.

I don't feel revisionist history will educate today any better than it did in the past.
Our schools are not filled with communist and children that hear that nonsense will be doomed to ignorance.
That ignorance will supply the next generation of robber barons with cheap labor.

I don't feel revisionist history will educate today any better than it did in the past.
Our schools are not filled with communist and children that hear that nonsense will be doomed to ignorance.
That ignorance will supply the next generation of robber barons with cheap labor.

How do you take down a group of people? You tell their children what evil people they are and cha

Of course it is.works great for all who benefit from it. So do you think slavery isn't history? I don't know any slaves except for the working man who has to feed the offspring of the non workers.Welfare is a sin and many are on welfare now. Should you have to feed and shelter another mans family?

We rob the poor to give to the poor, d\does it make sense? Who benefits the most from food stamps? If you said big business your right. Who owns most of our ag now? What do the poor but with their welfare checks? IPhones,Games, Nike shoes ,etc,.

History has always taken from the poors labor to increase theeir assets but then again it works really well for those in the middle of the economic blast till the people become part of the elites ownership, revolt and it all ends in a bloody war.

Latest posts

Back