How old are you?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• Under 30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 41-50

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 51-60

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • 61-70

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 71 or over

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • How dare you even ask!?

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The chat about how old our resident internet princess is got me to wondering how old we all are. We have done this before but it's been a while. I made it a poll for those who want to maintain their OPSEC or have been lying to people for years. :p You can only vote one, but no one can see your vote. Of course if you want to comment about your specific age you can sure do that too!

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller

My Way

I've lived a life that's full, I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few but then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each chartered course each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've lived, I've laughed and cried, I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that and may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me I did it my way

For what is a man, what has he got if not himself then he has not
To say the things, he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way
Yes, it was my way

I had students ask me how old I was over the years, and I used it as an opportunity to tell them that it is one of the things you don't ask people. Rarely did my students know my exact age, but there was a big surprise party for me when I turned 40, orchestrated by parents of students. When I taught pre-schoolers, I would occasionally say I was 100. Students knew what 100 was because we worked with units, tens, hundreds and thousands. I shouldn't have lied.

I had students ask me how old I was over the years, and I used it as an opportunity to tell them that it is one of the things you don't ask people. Rarely did my students know my exact age, but there was a big surprise party for me when I turned 40, orchestrated by parents of students. When I taught pre-schoolers, I would occasionally say I was 100. Students knew what 100 was because we worked with units, tens, hundreds and thousands. I shouldn't have lied.

Weedy there comes a time when we just don't care if people know how old we are we are just glad to still be kicking and pulling vines.
I bet those kids were wondering what your secret was.

Weedy there comes a time when we just don't care if people know how old we are we are just glad to still be kicking and pulling vines....
Exactly.
Since I got killed on 10-04-1989, I climbed out of the grave and every day since became a new day in the "bonus round":).
I guess that makes me about 30:green man:
(I did answer the poll with my 'total' age though:rolleyes:).

I am mid 70's and happy to be alive. This is an extremely interesting period in human history, to be able to watch it happen, to be an active part of it. Everyone knows that something big is going to happen with humans on earth.......seems thrilling to be part of what is coming for America. It is like being a character in a James Clavell novel.

I told my kids I was 400 and just kept adding to it every year.

I had a preschooler tell me I couldn't come to his birthday party because I was "really, really old". I asked him how old. He said maybe 30 like his mom, but that I had really old eyes.
Aren't kids great? I would take that as a compliment. Usually people with "old eyes" are wise in that they see more than what is apparent to most.

I am mid 70's and happy to be alive. This is an extremely interesting period in human history, to be able to watch it happen, to be an active part of it. Everyone knows that something big is going to happen with humans on earth.......seems thrilling to be part of what is coming for America. It is like being a character in a James Clavell novel.

Yep I too live in the ' happening'.

I had a preschooler tell me I couldn't come to his birthday party because I was "really, really old". I asked him how old. He said maybe 30 like his mom, but that I had really old eyes.

I had my oldest grandaughter [ she was 4 ] ask me if I was old. I had just put on makeup hair looked nice,etc, etc,etc,. And I looked in mirror and said to myself," not baf for 42 yr old granny of 6 ". We'er going down the road and the kid says " are you old " I yelled hell no I ain't old', she said 'you look old'.
Talk about a good day tyrned bad.:ghostly::mad:

I tell my son that you're not old until you quit aging. I plan on being older tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back