How To Block Cell Phone Tracking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the ehlp but after thinking about it I realize I'm not that important enough to hide. And like yall say there is no way or place if I was.

Dunno if this is wandering too far off topic, but, if one wanted to get a ham radio to try to add that level of preparedness, any ideas on what might be good to get?

This is likely to be another one of those things where I start looking at radios for sale at $49.95 and end up at $4,999.95 and shut it down without buying anything. Actually, I might kinda enjoy listening even if I never talk at all. But really, I don't think I'd have any trouble getting a Technician's license. Having spent a few years in basic electronics, that helps quite a lot.

Another option is a marine VHF, especially if you are nowhere near major waterways. If nobody around you is using a VHF then it will be fairly private and secure.

We got one for the boat I wanted to make a cabin crueiser out of but hubby said no way.:). With the right pontoons it could be done. Plus
Ears are an emerging, or probably further along than that, data point collection target. Ears are as unique as fingerprints.

Car this is where I thought we were discussing this ,not sure how we got into Kerosen heater thread. :dunno: .

Dunno if this is wandering too far off topic, but, if one wanted to get a ham radio to try to add that level of preparedness, any ideas on what might be good to get?

This is likely to be another one of those things where I start looking at radios for sale at $49.95 and end up at $4,999.95 and shut it down without buying anything. Actually, I might kinda enjoy listening even if I never talk at all. But really, I don't think I'd have any trouble getting a Technician's license. Having spent a few years in basic electronics, that helps quite a lot.
Last I knew, you had to be able to send/receive Morse code at 5 words/minute to get a ham radio license. That "last I knew" was at least 30 years ago . . .

Last I knew, you had to be able to send/receive Morse code at 5 words/minute to get a ham radio license. That "last I knew" was at least 30 years ago . . .
A lot has changed.

Lot of regulation type Qs if I recall for the lowest level. To get into higher power and more bandwidth you need.

Ben

LOL!! I do remember those practice morse code cassette tapes I used for a while. Had a friend / boss that was (still is) into ham gave them to me to get my ticket. I never did follow through, should have. Far as I know, he's still on the air... N3EIO

Yup, it has changed. I had a book that I think was set up to help with taking the exam but am thinking that a new version of that came out just a couple of years ago. Don't know if I still have the old one or not. Probably all kinds of practice exams online anyway.

Thanks everyone for the ehlp but after thinking about it I realize I'm not that important enough to hide. And like yall say there is no way or place if I was.
I'm glad you asked the question for the mental exercise. ;)

But yeah, I'm like you. Not important enough to hide, and no way I could anyway.

But yeah, I'm like you. Not important enough to hide, and no way I could anyway.
They have known everything about me for decades (except where I go in country) because I have a stupid (not smart) phone.
I tell the story about my last boarding of a cruise ship to go into other countries.
Had my passport at the ready.
The lady said: "Oh, you won't need it to board the ship. Only when you get off".
Me>
huh.gif
You mean you don't need my ID?
Naaa.
She spun the monitor around and the entire screen was full of the center pages of my passport, picture too.
In one single second, they know everything: no prior arrests, not on the no-fly list, no convictions, pays his taxes. (I'm their kinda guy :thumbs: )
Say HI to big tech!
waveguy.gif

Same info they had before, just seconds instead of days to pull it up.
They don't need to put a micro-chip or tattoo in you. Just smile for me baby!!!
All of the old-fasioned ID stuff is just for backwards countries.
And some are catching up! I know 2 countries I went in, all you had to do was put your face in a plastic frame, and push a button.
The gate swung open and a nice robot voice welcomed you by name to the country:huggs:

Yep, CB is still a thing in some circles. I have a mobile in my vehicle and a base at home.

I have talked to people all over the country on both.

No more, 35 question test, 26 out of 35 will get you the ticket.

I just got mine Saturday.

I don't know if CB is still a thing. Haven't seen one of them in a while. But I know ham is still around. Would be a good thing to have even if only to listen.
Lol it's a dying thing but still a thing. Mainly truckers but some others like me. I go online to typically buy supplies. My local shop went out of business a few years back.

Say HI to big tech!View attachment 56672
Same info they had before, just seconds instead of days to pull it up.
They don't need to put a micro-chip or tattoo in you. Just smile for me baby!!!
All of the old-fasioned ID stuff is just for backwards countries.

And yet, we can't get voter ID laws...

Latest posts

Back