I am taking the plunge!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cnsper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I may be going off the deep end here but I have decided to give this seafood thing a try. People keep telling me how so many are out of work etc. What I see are a lot of people making more than they would at their jobs and have extra to spend. Besides, the people that would be purchasing seafood are not ones that live paycheck to paycheck.

Anyhow, I decided to call the business "Seafood Pantry" with a tag line of 'From Hook to Table'

I don't need any local licenses except the county that I reside in, registering with the state (already done and approved) and a health inspection on the vehicle hauling the product. I have equipment on the way that will allow me to take credit cards, apple pay and google pay. I also secured a domain name last night that I think people will remember because it is so unique. seafoodpantry.fish

Any how, by the end of the month I should be up and running. Not waiting for the economy and oil to come back. Here is the logo that I made up.

mediumsmall.png

@Cnsper , that's cool man.
I remember back in the 80s , I walked away from a good job to start making all the money for me.
Hope you blow the walls out.
My biggest concern in begining vwas getting more customers than I could take care of. Started slow.

Best of luck to you.

Wish you could ship to KY.

Jim
If you never take a chance you will not have the opportunity to make it big. If Henry Ford, Thomas Edison or Bill Gates never took a chance, where would we be now?

Wonderful news, Cnsper. I wish you all the best. Let us know when you are up and running, and if you are able to ship our way. I would be most honored to be one of your first customers.

I may be going off the deep end here but I have decided to give this seafood thing a try. People keep telling me how so many are out of work etc. What I see are a lot of people making more than they would at their jobs and have extra to spend. Besides, the people that would be purchasing seafood are not ones that live paycheck to paycheck.

Anyhow, I decided to call the business "Seafood Pantry" with a tag line of 'From Hook to Table'

I don't need any local licenses except the county that I reside in, registering with the state (already done and approved) and a health inspection on the vehicle hauling the product. I have equipment on the way that will allow me to take credit cards, apple pay and google pay. I also secured a domain name last night that I think people will remember because it is so unique. seafoodpantry.fish

Any how, by the end of the month I should be up and running. Not waiting for the economy and oil to come back. Here is the logo that I made up.

View attachment 41234

CONGRATS ON THE DECISION ! I really like your logo too. :great: :thumbs:

What exactly are you doing? Hauling? Harvesting? Either way good luck. I’m an owner operator of my own semi truck, right the market is awful.
I used to drive until heart issues put a stop to that. Hauled many oversized loads. Loads varied from 14.5 feet wide or 16 feet tall or over 140 feet long.

I will be selling seafood.

As for shipping, it will probably be cost prohibitive because of the requirement for overnight shipping. Plus if it was fresh fish, it would be 4-5 days from when it was caught. Buying local would be your best bet, it would be 2-3 days fresher.

I used to drive until heart issues put a stop to that. Hauled many oversized loads. Loads varied from 14.5 feet wide or 16 feet tall or over 140 feet long.

I will be selling seafood.
Awesome! Good luck man!

I pull dry van mainly. I own my own trailer as well. However, the company I run for has a few reefer trailers and on occasion they will ask me to pull one for em.

Well I have purchased a decent trailer. It needs a little work but it was much less than a new one. I have the state business license. Still working on the local one. No body will call back. Finalizing the pricing for the products. Credit Card terminal is all set up and ready to go. Domain has been purchased and working on the Facebook page. All in all, things are going well. Busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Well, a monkey threw a wrench into my plans temporarily. I can't find freezers. Called a store today and asked if they had any, yep we got them. Drove 4 hours, we haven't had any for a while. I was pissed.

I did find a good place for scratch and dent freezers. Only thing is, after shipping is added it is $200 more than one in the box that has free shipping from the same place.

I am getting really tired of this bologna panicking.

I am getting really tired of this bologna panicking.

This is as much of an issue of allowing our goods to be made over seas as it is the panic. Freezers was on the list of products that won't be available soon because they are almost all made in China. Our HVAC/Electrician said repairing old unused freezers was quickly become a really good money maker for him.

Latest posts

Back