I'm Still Here.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3681

Super Friend
Neighbor
I just wanted to drop a note, and say hi. Life has been hectic. We currently have several projects on our plate, but the project list is about to go down by 1, for we are about to close on the sale of our town house.

Congratulations! Who needs a town house anyway? Unless you're gonna rent it out, and even then it's a PITA dealing with tenants. At least you're unloading the property before the bubble bursts, which is a very good thing. Just my $.02 on that subject. Reminds me of that old saw about the two happiest days of a boat owner's life: the day he buys it and the day he sells it, lol. ;)

Congratulations! Who needs a town house anyway? Unless you're gonna rent it out, and even then it's a PITA dealing with tenants. At least you're unloading the property before the bubble bursts, which is a very good thing. Just my $.02 on that subject. Reminds me of that old saw about the two happiest days of a boat owner's life: the day he buys it and the day he sells it, lol. ;)
Thank You. Despite mixed emotions that are personal, I'm counting down to closing day. If we close on the prospected closing date...we are 2 weeks away.

As for tenants... I'm with you there. If someone wants to deal with the hassle of being a landlord, they are welcome to it. For us, it's not worth the time, energy, or risk. We have other projects that are more worth our while.

Here's hoping it closes smoothly and you get a decent price. Even before the whole "rent boycotting" fiasco, I would never have even considered being a landlord, it's just too much hassle with the housing laws all stacked against you. No thanks, I'll just take care of my own home and slowly but surely bring it up to my own speed, as far as home rehab and decor go. I don't mind having family or friends visit, but I also don't mind living "alone" with 5 cats, lol. :cool:

I just wanted to drop a note, and say hi. Life has been hectic. We currently have several projects on our plate, but the project list is about to go down by 1, for we are about to close on the sale of our town house.
Well...Closing was postponed a week...due to the title company "being behind."😠😀. Our realtor friend told us that...worst case scenario...we will just assign an amendment for the following week if we don't close on or before the amended closing date. My guess is that this would continue to take place until we actually do close. He has since asked us to mow the front and backyards before closing, one more time. Because our realtor asked us to mow the yards so soon after amending our contract, my husband's and my thought is that our realtor may seem to think that we will, in fact, close on or before the amended date. Current closing date is later this week. 🀞🀞.

As for the other projects...we have another one out of the frying pan, off our plate. It took longer than it really should have, not by our own choosing, which was frustrating, but it is now behind us. We then had an unexpected project come up, however,🀞🀞, everything seems to be working out, and should be squared away soon.

When I bought this place in January, closing was extended into February because the title company was literally SWAMPED with work... it was a good company too, very trustworthy & reliable. I've used them in the past, when buying or selling homes in Arizona. If the gal from this company said they (and all title companies) were swamped in this insane real estate market, well, I believe her... wasn't like she was some scumbag politician, lol. :oops:

When I bought this place in January, closing was extended into February because the title company was literally SWAMPED with work... it was a good company too, very trustworthy & reliable. I've used them in the past, when buying or selling homes in Arizona. If the gal from this company said they (and all title companies) were swamped in this insane real estate market, well, I believe her... wasn't like she was some scumbag politician, lol. :oops:
🀣🀣. Don't get me started on politics or politicians. I'm not a big fan.🀣🀣

I am just anxious and biting at the bit! It is needless to say, but I'm ready to get the townhouse utility bill OFF our budget!

Here's hoping it closes smoothly and you get a decent price. Even before the whole "rent boycotting" fiasco, I would never have even considered being a landlord, it's just too much hassle with the housing laws all stacked against you. No thanks, I'll just take care of my own home and slowly but surely bring it up to my own speed, as far as home rehab and decor go. I don't mind having family or friends visit, but I also don't mind living "alone" with 5 cats, lol. :cool:
A small update...

We have approved the HUD. If the buyer also approves, we are set to close...

WAIT FOR IT...

TOMORROW!!

WOO WOO!

πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Latest posts

Back