Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait! Did that sign say 'Asylum' street?
I miss that exit every TIME! View attachment 38217

@backlash

I once would have settled for an asylum... Long ago an employer sent me to take care of the catscans they serviced in New Jersey. I was looking for the location of one of these systems in Linden NJ. I couldn’t find it with the 3rd hand driving instructions I had received.

After driving around for an hour, I saw a small community hospital, not the one I was looking for but hey, they might know of the one I was trying to find. I walked into the radiology dept. The first 2 people I see are GE service guys, our main competitors in a cut throat business.

These guys gave me directions which I took with a grain of salt… Their directions led me to the front gates of Rahway State Prison, just up the road, a notoriously horrible place.

I had to laugh… it was funny! 😁

Edit to add... The CO's working the front gate knew the location of the hospital I was trying to find... So it worked out in the end. 😉

Last edited:
Thinking of road signs reminded me of this one that I have passed when driving through/past Mansfield LA. I laugh every time.
AsseffRd.png

It's not photoshopped even though it doesn't line up. You can google it and see it on street view. The camera for taking the picture was wonky.

@phideaux I can remember driving with my father when I was little near McHenry, Kentucky and there was an old man on a porch... my dad waved at him he waved back. I asked my dad if he knew him and he said, nope!
That's true in KY

Everybody waves at ya ..

Not as much as use to.

More north earners are moving in.

Jim

I wave at everybody on my loop that's outside as I drive past them. People that I have never spoken to and probably never will.
I have also stopped to chat with someone, ask how they are doing and say good to see you as I leave. It will drive them nuts trying to figure out who I was because I have never seen them before. :)

Reminds me slightly of the Batman in the black & white serials. He was not very slim. I found it funny how all the adult males looked the same & wore the same hats & I couldn't tell them apart, but Robin was the only one with curly hair. I think they had one woman in the entire thing-- Vicky Vale. I found them on VHS a few years back & they were entertaining.

It is certainly not something I would say, but it came to me and immediately thought of how children respond. "You're not invited to my birthday party!" I know young people and maybe even some grown-ups would say it.

I have seen reports of people wearing face masks and gloves to go grocery shopping and having other people follow them and take their photos, while mocking them. One woman told about a couple teens who repeatedly kept bumping into her at the store because she was wearing a mask and gloves.

She needs to take a cane with her and ' accidently' hit the brats:oops: on the ankle. My uncle use to acidently hit me on the ankle with his Putt Putt golf clubs.:devil::eyeballs:

@backlash

I once would have settled for an asylum... Long ago an employer sent me to take care of the catscans they serviced in New Jersey. I was looking for the location of one of these systems in Linden NJ. I couldn’t find it with the 3rd hand driving instructions I had received.

After driving around for an hour, I saw a small community hospital, not the one I was looking for but hey, they might know of the one I was trying to find. I walked into the radiology dept. The first 2 people I see are GE service guys, our main competitors in a cut throat business.

These guys gave me directions which I took with a grain of salt… Their directions led me to the front gates of Rahway State Prison, just up the road, a notoriously horrible place.

I had to laugh… it was funny! 😁

Edit to add... The CO's working the front gate knew the location of the hospital I was trying to find... So it worked out in the end. 😉
Peanut we watched a true story on YT last night about compitititon in small heating oil business.

Latest posts

Back