Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he was. First pick for Thanksgiving last year. He wasn't Christmas or New Years Day.
Since we moved a few months ago, no turkeys to butcher this holiday season. Will have to start again next summer. I'll miss that.
I keep threaten to raise some turkeys for the freezer but have never done it and wouldn’t know the first thing about it. Can never find turkeys here that haven’t been injected and or salted. Would just like some natural turkey. If they aren’t nice that would make it much easier to butcher 😂

They're not that difficult to raise. Think big chickens, so the pen needs to be alot bigger. They eat game bird base and kitchen scraps. Meat turkeys (like meat chickens) exist, or Heritage turkeys (like heritage chickens) exist. Meat turkeys can go about 5 months or so till butchering, or they get too big and would need to be butchered and pieced.

1601999875643.png

A wife tells her husband " Go to the grocery store, and get a loaf of bread, and if they have eggs get a dozen." The husband comes home with a dozen loaves of bread. The wife says "What the heck is this?" The husband says "They had eggs."

Followed the instructions to the letter. :dunno:

In my 6th grade science class we had to write down instructions telling someone how to make a peanut butter sandwich. The person had to make it exactly as the directions said. There were no edible sandwiches but there was lots of laughing.

In my 6th grade science class we had to write down instructions telling someone how to make a peanut butter sandwich. The person had to make it exactly as the directions said. There were no edible sandwiches but there was lots of laughing.
Most folks would surprised how difficult it can be to write a procedure with step by step instructions on how to do something. Part of my job is writing procedures on how to calibrate and maintain various instrumentation. I usually end up writing one. Having my techs read thru it, then make corrections, then have them take the draft to the field and perform the work. Normally it needs more corrections then try again. Between my shop and 2 others we have over 100 procedures that have to be reviewed every 5 years. Its a lot of fun I'm here to tell you.

Most folks would surprised how difficult it can be to write a procedure with step by step instructions on how to do something.

OMG!! Truer words were never spoken. I spent the first half of my career in the pharmaceutical industry where everyone lived and died by written procedures (SOP's). You would be shut down if you didn't have them and follow them. Sorry, this is not a joke, but it applies.

Latest posts

Back