Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was supposedly a reference to LSD from the the period when the Beetles went psychedelic. Timothy Lery arguing before the Supreme court yada yada yada.

Ben
Actually, according to one of the Beatles it is about a picture his daughter, Lucy drew. The LSD idea was a myth started by their fans. That probably sold a lot of albums.

Actually, according to one of the Beatles it is about a picture his daughter, Lucy drew. The LSD idea was a myth started by their fans. That probably sold a lot of albums.
You are probably correct. Hence why I used the word supposedly.

"Puff the Magic Dragon" was another example.

That was a weird time and to extend the the theme quoting from The Grateful Dead" "What a long strange trip its been".

Ben

1611720123786.png

1611720185558.png

Some of y'all may not know that I am a singer, and this embarrassing event is fitting for this thread.

As a singer and musician, I sing and play keyboard at many funerals & I was recently asked by a funeral director to play & sing at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery out in the country. As I was not familiar with the area, I got lost. I finally arrived an hour late and saw that the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I sang like I’ve never played before for this homeless man.

As I sang & played “Amazing Grace”, the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my keyboard and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “I’ve never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Apparently, I’m still lost….

(Hahaha! It's just a fine old joke, and I am no singer or musician, but I had to make believe a little so I could pull your leg a little better.)

@Meerkat The reason I noticed the hands right away... I have this on my wall. I bought it in a knock off art shop in Cairo Egypt... It's on papyrus, I like it.

View attachment 57826

Beautiful! Isn't papyus what most the scrolls were written on? I enjoyed studying anceint history but forgot most of it. Some of the art on the walls were very telling plus the mystery of the pyrimids and obliest.

Latest posts

Back