Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guns are to protect yourself or a loved one from potential death or maiming. When placed in a situation like that the odds are better for you if you respond quickly and violently. This means with a firearm. There are no guarantees any way you go. You don't draw a gun until the decision to fire has been made. when you draw a gun you fire immediately, you don't give them the chance to respond before you fire.

Never saw a whole MacGyver so I never picked up on his anti gun stance. I always saw him as a guy that could jury rig anything.

You don't draw a gun until the decision to fire has been made.
I would draw my gun before this point, but I would not raise it to firing position and put my finger inside the trigger guard until I was 95% sure I might well be firing it. Drawing can be too slow and fumble-prone to leave it until the very last second before firing. I say 95% because I will always leave myself some room to decide to not fire, should the situation change at the last second.

e.g., If someone starts charging at me with a tire iron from 25 yards out, I would definitely draw my gun to the low ready position and activate the laser (if equipped) as soon as I saw the threat. Even at 25 yards. I would bring the muzzle up to point of aim at 15 yards. And fire at 7 yards. That would be my ideal plan anyway. However, I acknowledge that nothing ever happens in a textbook manner like this. More likely you will be surprised by an assailant at 3 yards (hopefully not, but it happens). In that case - if warranted by the threat level, draw and fire immediately, in one swift motion, with firing basically being "part of the draw" (but hopefully not prematurely in the draw!)

Guns are to protect yourself or a loved one from potential death or maiming. When placed in a situation like that the odds are better for you if you respond quickly and violently. This means with a firearm. There are no guarantees any way you go. You don't draw a gun until the decision to fire has been made. when you draw a gun you fire immediately, you don't give them the chance to respond before you fire.

Never saw a whole MacGyver so I never picked up on his anti gun stance. I always saw him as a guy that could jury rig anything.
It was not on the show, he spoke on it, outside the show.
I liked his acting & the way he made things come together, also the crew left some item out of the build, so children could not make anything on the show, by watching the show.

I would draw my gun before this point, but I would not raise it to firing position and put my finger inside the trigger guard until I was 95% sure I might well be firing it. Drawing can be too slow and fumble-prone to leave it until the very last second before firing. I say 95% because I will always leave myself some room to decide to not fire, should the situation change at the last second.

e.g., If someone starts charging at me with a tire iron from 25 yards out, I would definitely draw my gun to the low ready position and activate the laser (if equipped) as soon as I saw the threat. Even at 25 yards. I would bring the muzzle up to point of aim at 15 yards. And fire at 7 yards. That would be my ideal plan anyway. However, I acknowledge that nothing ever happens in a textbook manner like this. More likely you will be surprised by an assailant at 3 yards (hopefully not, but it happens). In that case - if warranted by the threat level, draw and fire immediately, in one swift motion, with firing basically being "part of the draw" (but hopefully not prematurely in the draw!)
You were trained differently than I.

You were trained differently than I.
I believe you are (were?) law enforcement? Or maybe it was military? So drawing (probably) from an external belt holster that is not obstructed in any way.

Anyway, as a simple non-authority citizen, I will be drawing from concealed. This is a slowdown and more fumble-prone (compared to an open belt holster), no matter where on your body you choose to do that concealed carry. So an earlier draw, not under the ultimate time pressure constraint, is more warranted IMHO.

Here's a puzzle for you. I'll provide the answer later......
1676743585900.png

I believe you are (were?) law enforcement? Or maybe it was military? So drawing (probably) from an external belt holster that is not obstructed in any way.

Anyway, as a simple non-authority citizen, I will be drawing from concealed. This is a slowdown and more fumble-prone (compared to an open belt holster), no matter where on your body you choose to do that concealed carry. So an earlier draw, not under the ultimate time pressure constraint, is more warranted IMHO.
The army never trained me on handguns, they did provide me with knives. The closest I came to LEO's was checking my rear view mirror. I draw from concealment and I don't want to give away my ability to respond. There might be a scenario where I'd draw when the threat was 25 yards away but nothing comes to mind. I see two threats in any gunfight, my assailant, and the court system.

I think we have a winner.
I missed the multiply sign in line 4
There is a difference between a pair of bananas and a single banana.
Look again.
Fireman got it right all the way down until line 4.
3+1=4 +1=5 X10 = 50.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't even see the difference in the banana count. Now I wonder if the different clock face and cookie chip count in the last line matter, too?
Wow! I missed those too!
Last cookie, different, last clock, different. Sneaky!gaah
<recalculating>

Wow, I didn't even see the difference in the banana count. Now I wonder if the different clock face and cookie chip count in the last line matter, too?
Could be to throw you off & mean nothing.

My new answer is 10.

I'm basing my answer on the chip count, the clock time, and the number of bananas.

The first three lines still work, 10 chips+10 chips+10 chips = 30, 2 bananas+2 bananas + 10 chips = 14, 2 bananas + 3 o'clock + 3 o'clock = 8
and the fourth line would be 2 o'clock + 1 banana + 1 banana x 7 chips = 2+1+7 = 3+7 10

I hate it when I get caught up in the algebra and miss the riddle piece to problems like this.🤪

My new answer is 10.

I'm basing my answer on the chip count, the clock time, and the number of bananas.

The first three lines still work, 10 chips+10 chips+10 chips = 30, 2 bananas+2 bananas + 10 chips = 14, 2 bananas + 3 o'clock + 3 o'clock = 8
and the fourth line would be 2 o'clock + 1 banana + 1 banana x 7 chips = 2+1+7 = 3+7 10

I hate it when I get caught up in the algebra and miss the riddle piece to problems like this.🤪
You started out right but then you dropped a banana, slipped on it, and forgot to multiply.

My new answer is 10.

I got a different answer. 28
"fourth line would be 2 o'clock + 1 banana + 1 banana x 7 chips" =28.

I didn’t count chips or check the time- also missed the multiply rather than add. I did notice 1 nanner instead of 2 but looks like that’s all I got right.
You get a B+ :thumbs:.
(that's a joke).;)

Latest posts

Back