Just curious...do you carry cash, or plastic only?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never carry over $500.00 unless I am buying something. The last two truck load of flowering shrubs I bought I paid cash.
They were new venders & I want to save the hustle of credit forms.

I generally only carry cash if my wife puts it in my wallet

I'll explain the above comment I made. In the broke days I found that if I carried cash I'd spend it on something stupid like a coke. So I just never carried it because back then I couldn't afford to waste money. I once told my now wife about the ex taking money out of my wallet. She wanted to be different so when she would cash a check she would put a 20 in my wallet. I didn't know that & never checked until one day I wanted to buy something for a couple of bucks & checked. I had $120 in there & had no idea where it came from. That's when I found out about her putting money in my wallet. Now days I generally have 20 or so in there but almost never use it.

The only money in my wallet is for emergencies, and kept in a separate zippered compartment. I carry cash in a money clip; large bills inside, small bills outside. The theory being if someone sees $1's on the outside they really don't know how much you have. A lesson learned back in the paper boy days.

There is a rancher in our area who only transacts in Silver, except when he has to pay someone like the who won't, the local precious metals dealer has a special account for his to pay electronicly. this guy won't trans act in anything except precious metals.

There is a rancher in our area who only transacts in Silver, except when he has to pay someone like the who won't, the local precious metals dealer has a special account for his to pay electronicly. this guy won't trans act in anything except precious metals.
I've been thinking of selling some produce and pricing things both ways. Say a dollar or a silver dime for ---.

Latest posts

Back