Keep seeing info on recession and hyperinflation coming.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading similar stuff. I've made a few recent purchases while the seasonal sales are on for things that I have been wanting for a while. We eliminated our debt about three months ago. I try to be better prepared very month but that is nothing new. I use these high risk times to push myself a little harder and keep myself pumped up for my prepping.

The U.S. economy has been on an upswing for a long time. Equity market pundits are calling these days the last days of the current bull market. Treasury yield curve came dangerously to inverting earlier this month. It does seem as though the worm may be turning. We’ll know more in the next few months. In the meantime, everyone here knows the drill: plan for the worst and hope for the best.

With the FED pushing interest rates up, it just shows they are doing what they can to collapse the economy. It took off when Trump took office, right after the election actually. Hasn't hardly slowed down until these last 2 rate hikes. The FED wants it stalled big time to put more heat on Trump. If he gets an audit going on them, their house of cards will collapse really quickly.

Yes, see it coming.

It's the reason why I've sacrificed so much to climb out of my debt.
It's the reason why I sacrificed having a comfortable Christmas to pay for an entire year's
worth the phone and internet in one go.
Next pension I'll be able to spend the entire pension, minus rent, on shelf stable staples.

In the mean time I've got a solar power system to install, seeds to harvest and store.

I am seeing more and more info from the financial sources I follow that a recession is on it's way followed by hyperinflation. Also seeing it on more mainstream places so I'm guessing it is true. Batten down folks.

That is reported on day after day. Its like chicken little. lol every day the "experts" give predictions that IT ( whatever IT is) is coming soon. lol for the last 10 years the "experts" were saying : " It'll happen next year", well it didn't. smh

That is reported on day after day. Its like chicken little. lol every day the "experts" give predictions that IT ( whatever IT is) is coming soon. lol for the last 10 years the "experts" were saying : " It'll happen next year", well it didn't. smh

Believe me, I know it has been said for years. I also know that because nothing was fixed since the crash in 2008 that it is going to come at some point. It all is propped up. It is all fake. It is all manipulated. At some point they won't be able to stop it with fiat currency printing and buying up of crashing stocks and bonds. At some point they won't be able to hold the price of Gold and Silver down any longer. More and more countries are stepping away from trading in US dollars, more and more countries are stockpiling physical gold and silver. Why do you think that is? As more and more step away from the US dollar there is less and less confidence in it. You should probably go buy a nice big boat on credit! Maybe some jet skis too! Take a nice long expensive vacation! LMAO!

It doesn't change anything I'm doing. I've tried to prepare for that possibility and also if it doesn't happen. So, either way.....it is what it will be.

It sure sucks for my cash reserves, but my silver and physical assets will love it.

Really. Us too. We worked hard to be out of debt now. I have a monthly $200 CC bill that I pay off every month and thats it besides the electric bill and cell phone bill

I really dislike sarcastic people. they just make fools of themselves and make others avoid them lol

I've been kind of mentally preparing myself for it as well.

I've been living under a self imposed austerity for a good long while to
pay off debt so I'm very accustomed to living small.
The psychological shock of a recession and the collapse of the economic system
can't be over stated.
I see a lot of depression and, sadly suicides of people who simply can't
cope with the destruction of their lifestyle.

Not everyone is a good adaptor and that's very sad.

Really. Us too. We worked hard to be out of debt now. I have a monthly $200 CC bill that I pay off every month and thats it besides the electric bill and cell phone bill

I really dislike sarcastic people. they just make fools of themselves and make others avoid them lol

I'm not really sure what this post means??? I don't know if you truly agree with me or you think I'm being sarcastic, since you posted in response to my post. Just to clarify, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I'm not someone who has a ton of PM's, Cash, assets, IRA's, etc.....but I do have a bit of everything, so that I feel like I'm somewhat covered no matter what happens. I've worked and sacrificed my butt off for many years to try and make sure my bases are covered no matter what happens, even though I know that is pretty much impossible since nobody knows what the future will bring.

I'm not really sure what this post means??? I don't know if you truly agree with me or you think I'm being sarcastic, since you posted in response to my post. Just to clarify, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I'm not someone who has a ton of PM's, Cash, assets, IRA's, etc.....but I do have a bit of everything, so that I feel like I'm somewhat covered no matter what happens. I've worked and sacrificed my butt off for many years to try and make sure my bases are covered no matter what happens, even though I know that is pretty much impossible since nobody knows what the future will bring.

I think that snide remark was directed at me and not you @angie_nrs

I believe it is fair to say that it is true the financial folks have been saying since 2008 that a recovery never happened. A can has been kicked to cover this financial bomb for 10 years now and many credible financial folks have been surprised that those in power have been able to paper over, cover up, steal, swindle and scandle a façade of fiscal well being for so long.
More and more people are waking up to the shenninigians and in my opinion it seems like the last few years it has been a matter of a slow unwind. It seems a precarious worldwide downtrend to a complete reset, when the us dollar goes to poop..so does every fiat currency it seems and away we venture to worldwide 3rd world status. Now ..the bushman in Africa could probably give a you know what..but a lot of countries enjoy power , trash service, flushing toilets and grocery stores. I know this is a simplified response, but..I know most of you all get the drift of what Im saying.
It is frustrating to keep hearing folks say financial doomsday is soon..but Im grateful I've had this long to continue to prepare, learn more , move to a better location, secure a good paying job here and establish myself in a great little community.
I feel very luckly , blessed to have more time to get ready..In my opinion the unwind has been happening for a lot longer than 10 years..in more ways than financial. Any time I have left to continue to learn to live and prepare myself to survive harder conditions is welcome. The fact that credible financial experts are surprised that it hasent happened yet just tells me they have a hard time thinking in scandalous deviant ways unlike those that conjure up scams to keep kicking the can to screw Americas financial future.. I don't fault them for not being toads..

I believe it is fair to say that it is true the financial folks have been saying since 2008 that a recovery never happened. A can has been kicked to cover this financial bomb for 10 years now and many credible financial folks have been surprised that those in power have been able to paper over, cover up, steal, swindle and scandle a façade of fiscal well being for so long.
More and more people are waking up to the shenninigians and in my opinion it seems like the last few years it has been a matter of a slow unwind. It seems a precarious worldwide downtrend to a complete reset, when the us dollar goes to poop..so does every fiat currency it seems and away we venture to worldwide 3rd world status. Now ..the bushman in Africa could probably give a you know what..but a lot of countries enjoy power , trash service, flushing toilets and grocery stores. I know this is a simplified response, but..I know most of you all get the drift of what Im saying.
It is frustrating to keep hearing folks say financial doomsday is soon..but Im grateful I've had this long to continue to prepare, learn more , move to a better location, secure a good paying job here and establish myself in a great little community.
I feel very luckly , blessed to have more time to get ready..In my opinion the unwind has been happening for a lot longer than 10 years..in more ways than financial. Any time I have left to continue to learn to live and prepare myself to survive harder conditions is welcome. The fact that credible financial experts are surprised that it hasent happened yet just tells me they have a hard time thinking in scandalous deviant ways unlike those that conjure up scams to keep kicking the can to screw Americas financial future.. I don't fault them for not being toads..

I became awoken after 2008. Once I was awoken I realized how close we came to complete devastation when everything crashed in 08. I really didn't see how bad it could have been until i became aware. It was scary when i realized that!. I am also thankful for a chance to prepare. I also think that I have been guided by God to be where I am now for the sake and well being of another. So many things fell into place once I realized what was needed and what must be done that I simply cant explain it any other way.

1970's the "experts" was telling us that the world would run out petroleum in 10 years.

When comet Hale-Bopp appeared in 1997, rumors surfaced that an alien spacecraft was following the comet. These claims inspired a San Diego UFO cult named Heaven's Gate to conclude that the world would end soon. The world did indeed end for 39 of the cult members, who committed suicide on March 26, 1997.

Y2K. Gun sales jumped and survivalists prepared to live in bunkers, but the new millennium began with only a few glitches.

Harold Egbert Camping a Christian radio broadcaster said the Lord would return to earth om May 21, 2011.

Al Bore (another self proclaimed expert) claimed the North Polar ice cap would be ice free by 2013.

Hello! I'm still here. Still have a roof over my head, food on the table and a warm dry place to sleep.

1970's the "experts" was telling us that the world would run out petroleum in 10 years.

When comet Hale-Bopp appeared in 1997, rumors surfaced that an alien spacecraft was following the comet. These claims inspired a San Diego UFO cult named Heaven's Gate to conclude that the world would end soon. The world did indeed end for 39 of the cult members, who committed suicide on March 26, 1997.

Y2K. Gun sales jumped and survivalists prepared to live in bunkers, but the new millennium began with only a few glitches.

Harold Egbert Camping a Christian radio broadcaster said the Lord would return to earth om May 21, 2011.

Al Bore (another self proclaimed expert) claimed the North Polar ice cap would be ice free by 2013.

Hello! I'm still here. Still have a roof over my head, food on the table and a warm dry place to sleep.

LMAO, and that is why one of the things we need to prep for is, everything going along as normal.

Everything runs in cycles.
The good the bad and the ugly.
I just muddle along quietly preparing for the worst.
If it comes I'm prepared, if it doesn't I'm still prepared.
I live very frugally by choice.
Have no debt, except new to me FIAT
I save for things instead of putting on credit cards.
Can everybody do that,no most don't want too.

MO: I save for stuff too now..any credit gets paid off the next month so It is wayyyy...under the limit and easy to pay off if needed.
JAC: I learned a lot over the years from Mr. Manarino..doesn't always get timing right , but in my opinion he has a fairly on spot handle on the financial haps and he is a pretty down to earth, cool guy! I like who Greg Hunter on USA watchdog interviews too..lots of very interesting people on his show..If you watched Greg Manarino, Im sure you must have heard of Greg Hunter and the other folks he interviews? check it out if not..

JAC: I learned a lot over the years from Mr. Manarino..doesn't always get timing right , but in my opinion he has a fairly on spot handle on the financial haps and he is a pretty down to earth, cool guy! I like who Greg Hunter on USA watchdog interviews too..lots of very interesting people on his show..If you watched Greg Manarino, Im sure you must have heard of Greg Hunter and the other folks he interviews? check it out if not..

You are correct about Manarino as well as Hunter's USA Watchdog show. I especially like the info and viewpoint that Dave Janda brings to the table when he is on Hunter's show. Quite an informed orthopedist!

Latest posts

Back