Keep seeing info on recession and hyperinflation coming.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MO: I save for stuff too now..any credit gets paid off the next month so It is wayyyy...under the limit and easy to pay off if needed.
JAC: I learned a lot over the years from Mr. Manarino..doesn't always get timing right , but in my opinion he has a fairly on spot handle on the financial haps and he is a pretty down to earth, cool guy! I like who Greg Hunter on USA watchdog interviews too..lots of very interesting people on his show..If you watched Greg Manarino, Im sure you must have heard of Greg Hunter and the other folks he interviews? check it out if not..
While saving for particular item, doing lots of research.
Is the item worth the price?
How much will it run me in the long run?
How much is the stuff it will need down the line?
Is it actually worth my time?
Effort? Money?
Not usually.
Normally a want item, not a possible need item to survive item.
Would it be better to use saved money for ammo? Gold? Silver?
At least I would be able to protect myself,sons,grand daughter, Strawberry.
We could eat on what I got saved for awhile.
I dang well could protect my family.
I have money stashed several places not just in bank.
Bank said they were going to cancel my credit card.
I need to use it at least once a year.
More would be better, sure it would for them.
So today I went to Wal*Mart used my credit card.
Bought something for myself, something I hadn't bought in years.
Yep, I charged that purchase of $1.59 of Super Double Bubble Gum, so my card is safe for another year. Will pay the credit card bill off tomorrow.
Only use credit card for emergency purposes.
Sitting here blowing bubbles while I type this.

Last edited:
I have seen monetary collapse predicted since 1985. Look at who is predicting it and the price of precious metals to know if it is real or not.
We have had inflation all along but the system has never crashed.
It will someday but the only thing you can do is pretty much what we do all the time.

the price of precious metals to know if it is real or not.
I have to wonder how good a predictor of anything the price of PM's are due to the proven fact that those very prices are heavily manipulated. Banks have paid heavy fines for the price manipulation but that sure does not mean they stopped doing it.

All this "news" is quite possibly due to folks who hold PM and PM certificates needing the courses back up and do it that you increase the desirability of these things. I generally assume whatever is the opposite of those seeded articles holds.

That being said.. of course its always good to be ready for a rainy day..

We use to pay taxes quarterly but for first time in several years we paid for the whole year.
Our thought was why let them keep our money in their bank to draw interest.
But since the state owns all property if times get rough and tax is due we are homeless. So at least for a year they can't trow us off the property.
We really need to keep at the growing our food more though. We really slacked off on that last couple years.

Last edited:
While saving for particular item, doing lots of research.
Is the item worth the price?
How much will it run me in the long run?
How much is the stuff it will need down the line?
Is it actually worth my time?
Effort? Money?
Not usually.
Normally a want item, not a possible need item to survive item.
Would it be better to use saved money for ammo? Gold? Silver?
At least I would be able to protect myself,sons,grand daughter, Strawberry.
We could eat on what I got saved for awhile.
I dang well could protect my family.
I have money stashed several places not just in bank.
Bank said they were going to cancel my credit card.
I need to use it at least once a year.
More would be better, sure it would for them.
So today I went to Wal*Mart used my credit card.
Bought something for myself, something I hadn't bought in years.
Yep, I charged that purchase of $1.59 of Super Double Bubble Gum, so my card is safe for another year. Will pay the credit card bill off tomorrow.
Only use credit card for emergency purposes.
Sitting here blowing bubbles while I type this.
This made me laugh. . . after 8 years of non usage I got a letter in the mail from my credit card. . . I bought a Christmas gift I was going to buy and paid it off when I got my statement. Maybe they lose money on me. I really dont care :)

"Jarring" FedEx Outlook Cut Suggests "Severe Global Recession"

FedEx shares are plunging after what Morgan Stanley called a "jarring" cut to its annual forecasts, suggesting global growth is slowing far more than most expect - in fact, the bank hinted at the possibility of a "severe recession" unfolding - and prompting expectations of an "uber-dovish hike" by the Fed.
The global logistics bellwether slashed its outlook just three months after raising the view, reflecting an unexpected and abrupt change in the company’s view of the global economy amid rising trade tensions between the U.S. and China. Not only were the cuts were deeper than the Street expected according to Morgan Stanley analyst Ravi Shanker, but everyone is pointing to the following comment from the press release: "Global trade has slowed in recent months and leading indicators point to ongoing deceleration in global trade near-term."

Needless to say, with little in terms of warning, Morgan Stanley was shocked by the magnitude and severity of the cut, and suggested that this implies a "severe global recession" is unfolding:

"We recognize that global growth has slowed but we are very surprised by the magnitude of the headwind, which is what might be seen in a severe recession," Shanker wrote. “We believe global growth concerns are also likely to get worse before they get better next year, which could mean more of a drag on FY20 EPS.”

Quoted by Bloomberg, Shankar also said that the Express unit is also likely to remain an overhang, Shanker said, as FedEx management didn’t provide an outlook for fiscal 2020 or its timeline for improving the cargo airline, which has been hit by worsening economic conditions in Europe.

FedEx shares tumbled 7% on Wednesday morning, the lowest intraday price in about two years and the 10th decline for FedEx in 11 days.

Didn't realize FEDX was such a big deal. Wonder who China uses to send over their junk to the US?
Global trade will slow with the Trump tariffs.

China likely uses their own massive freighters and the tariffs are an excuse for price increases. It levels the field for sure. Funny how China went from a 25% tariff to 15% when push to “make a deal”. It’s also funny that Mexico and Canada made changes too.

It seems to me that the economy was doing splendid or at least far better in the last two years then wham, midterms happened, demos got more seats come January, and now the sky is falling? I’m sure there has been some underlying financial issues since 8 years of the “O” administration so it’s possible but facts aren’t adding up in my mind.

Just like 10 billion for South America. We are only being spoon fed what they want us to know. There is far more to the story.

I also wanted to add that the Chinese “ junk “ while being produced there is many times for those US companies that sold out the American worker for more profit. Is it really the fault of the Chinese taking advantage of an option to make money or the companies/ people selling out?

I think they are going to crash it all on purpose and blame it on Trump. The last line is a hint.

https://www.rt.com/business/435490-rothschild-new-world-order-stability/

Rothschild worried about new world economic order
Published time: 9 Aug, 2018 07:15 Edited time: 27 Aug, 2018 20:08
Get short URL
5b6b1933dda4c8fd248b45aa.jpg

Jacob Rothschild © Ronen Zvulun © Reuters
Jacob Rothschild has voiced concern about the global financial system that was established after WWII. The billionaire banker points to the US-China trade war and eurozone crisis as the key problems putting economic order at risk.
“In 9/11 and in the 2008 financial crisis, the powers of the world worked together with a common approach. Co-operation today is proving much more difficult. This puts at risk the post-war economic and security order,” Rothschild warned in his investment trust's half-year results commentary.

Read more
Rothschild Bank caught up in money-laundering scandal
In economics, the post-war order is usually refers to a monetary management system which led to a rise of the US dollar as a dominant currency.

“In the circumstances our policy is to maintain our limited exposure to quoted equities and to enter into new commitments with great caution,” Rothschild added.

Rothschild’s RIT Capital investment has a historically low 47 percent exposure to the stock market. The banking dynasty is concerned that the 10-year stock market rally could be ending.

“The cycle is in its 10th positive year, the longest on record. We are now seeing some areas of weaker growth emerge; indeed the IMF has recently predicted some slowdown,” the investment banker said.

Rothschild pointed at “potentially destructive” debt levels in Europe and trade wars as major problems for the global economy.

He added, “problems are likely to continue in emerging markets, compounded by rising interest rates and the US Fed's monetary policy which has drained global dollar liquidity.”

According to Rothschild, the lack of a co-ordinated, international response to global challenges was unlikely in an era of populist and protectionist leaders such as US president Donald Trump.

For more stories on economy & finance visit RT's business section

Last edited:
https://www.rt.com/business/446838-bull-market-over-greenspan/

Bull market over: Alan Greenspan tells investors to 'run for cover'
Published time: 19 Dec, 2018 10:38 Edited time: 19 Dec, 2018 10:42
Get short URL
5c1a1ce6fc7e93365d8b4643.jpg

© Global Look Press
Former chairman of the US Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan has warned investors to get ready for a painful correction in the stock market, as it cannot stabilize and unlikely to muster another rally.
“It would be very surprising to see it sort of stabilize here, and then take off again,” Greenspan said in an interview with CNN Business. “Markets could still go up, but at the end of that run, run for cover.”

The stock market has already stopped its bull run and is beginning to tumble, according to the famed economist, who is citing the reaction over the recent days. On Tuesday, stocks managed to stabilize after Monday's big tumble that knocked US indices to their lowest levels in over a year.

Also on rt.com Coal in stocking: Markets on track for worst December since Great Depression
Concerns over the slowing global economy and trade disputes have been keeping stocks in decline since October. As of Monday, the benchmark S&P 500 and the blue-chip Dow Jones Industrial Average were on track for the worst December since 1931, when stocks were crushed during the Great Depression.

Greenspan served as Fed chair from August 1987 until January 2006. His comments came a day before the current head of the US Federal Reserve, Jerome Powell, is widely expected to announce another possible interest rate hike along with the central bank’s forecast for next year.

Also on rt.com China & Japan lead global dumping of US sovereign debt
The expected increase of the key rate would become the fourth this year, and ninth since the financial crisis. Greenspan added that he has observed a “pronounced” rise in real long-term interest rates, the “key factor which is bringing the stock market down.”

“In fact, it accounts for all of the weakness recently, and I think it’s going to continue to account for it, because we’re in a period now where I think long-term rates are going to rise,” the economist said.

According to Greenspan, the US economy faces a so-called “stagflation” environment with both price inflation and a weakening economic backdrop.

"Jarring" FedEx Outlook Cut Suggests "Severe Global Recession"

FedEx shares are plunging after what Morgan Stanley called a "jarring" cut to its annual forecasts, suggesting global growth is slowing far more than most expect - in fact, the bank hinted at the possibility of a "severe recession" unfolding - and prompting expectations of an "uber-dovish hike" by the Fed.
The global logistics bellwether slashed its outlook just three months after raising the view, reflecting an unexpected and abrupt change in the company’s view of the global economy amid rising trade tensions between the U.S. and China. Not only were the cuts were deeper than the Street expected according to Morgan Stanley analyst Ravi Shanker, but everyone is pointing to the following comment from the press release: "Global trade has slowed in recent months and leading indicators point to ongoing deceleration in global trade near-term."

Needless to say, with little in terms of warning, Morgan Stanley was shocked by the magnitude and severity of the cut, and suggested that this implies a "severe global recession" is unfolding:

"We recognize that global growth has slowed but we are very surprised by the magnitude of the headwind, which is what might be seen in a severe recession," Shanker wrote. “We believe global growth concerns are also likely to get worse before they get better next year, which could mean more of a drag on FY20 EPS.”

Quoted by Bloomberg, Shankar also said that the Express unit is also likely to remain an overhang, Shanker said, as FedEx management didn’t provide an outlook for fiscal 2020 or its timeline for improving the cargo airline, which has been hit by worsening economic conditions in Europe.

FedEx shares tumbled 7% on Wednesday morning, the lowest intraday price in about two years and the 10th decline for FedEx in 11 days.
Maybe if FEDEX employees could read and deliver things properly maybe just maybe they wouldn't be facing these so called jarring cuts.
Last 10 days had 45 packages delivered to my house.
None were mine.
Some weren't even in the apartment complex but across town near my folks.

China likely uses their own massive freighters and the tariffs are an excuse for price increases. It levels the field for sure. Funny how China went from a 25% tariff to 15% when push to “make a deal”. It’s also funny that Mexico and Canada made changes too.

It seems to me that the economy was doing splendid or at least far better in the last two years then wham, midterms happened, demos got more seats come January, and now the sky is falling? I’m sure there has been some underlying financial issues since 8 years of the “O” administration so it’s possible but facts aren’t adding up in my mind.

Just like 10 billion for South America. We are only being spoon fed what they want us to know. There is far more to the story.

I also wanted to add that the Chinese “ junk “ while being produced there is many times for those US companies that sold out the American worker for more profit. Is it really the fault of the Chinese taking advantage of an option to make money or the companies/ people selling out?

Hi Guardian ,I've wondered where you were.:huggs:

Shortage of workers? o_O. I have an idea 'welfare reform'. This seems like another hint of more illegals being allowed in for jobs.

https://www.news4jax.com/consumer/us-sees-shortage-of-blue-collar-workers

I dont think there is a shortage of blue collar workers. Ther may be a shortage of workers for fields and such but real blue collar jobs that pay de3cent have been taken over by illegals. Construction is one field that should be cleaned out of illegals and businesses that hire illegals should be fined heavily.

https://www.savannahnow.com/news/20...den-city-murder-undocumented-immigrant-scheme
3 indicted in Garden City murder, undocumented immigrant scheme

Three undocumented immigrants have been indicted in connection with a 2017 murder of a Garden City man.

Brothers Pablo Rangel-Rubio, 49, and Juan Rangel-Rubio, 42, both of Rincon, and Higinio Perez-Bravo, 49, of Savannah were charged in a federal indictment unsealed Thursday in the Aug. 19, 2017, slaying of Eliud Montoya, 41, who was found shot to death near his home in Garden City, U.S. Attorney Bobby L. Christine said at an afternoon press conference.

Two days before his death, Montoya, a naturalized United States citizen employed by a Savannah-area tree service, had filed a formal complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Christine said.

The complaint alleged that Pablo Rangel-Rubio ran a scheme to employ undocumented immigrants at the tree service, profiting from the company while also skimming pay from the workers, Christine said

Four months earlier, Montoya also had reported the scheme to company officials, he said.

More in link.

Well hate to know he got the ultimate sentence for hiring these jerks but seems he was cheating them and his nation.
Some say Americans are out of work too much, don't work as hard and expect too much. And the compitition for work makes it impossible to hire and pay good wages when those who don't out bid you. So we need stronger laws ,imo.

I'm waiting to see how many more are allowed in for this new AG bill just signed. I wouldn't want Pelosi grapes to grow sour in the vinyard field .

every since the election people with money have been running for cover! Not sure what the future holds but we will keep doing what we have been and keep on keeping on! We could take care of ourselves if needed but we are not looking forward to having to!

I am very glad we are ahead so on Monday when my pension hits the bank it'll be still Sunday over there when the money markets are closed.

The American Gov. shutdown will hit global markets very hard and I believe it'll hit even here in my neck of the woods.

I'll be buying bulk amounts of all my shelf stable staples even if it means having to cope with crazed last min.
Christmas shoppers.

Once again having to make the adult choice and forgo the Christmas goodies to make sure that there's food on my
shelves regardless of what happens when the US money markets reopen on Your Monday.

Latest posts

Back