Keep seeing info on recession and hyperinflation coming.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bubbles are by design. They are used to fleece the middle class of their money. They used to happen and then allow middle class recovery. Anymore they simply happen over and over in order to continue robbing the working people of everything. The plan is to destroy the middle class. two tier society, us poor folks and them. Thats why there are now laws they don't have to adhere to and no one up there is arrested.

I had a huge morning shopping among Christmas crazy while disabled.
It's an extreme sport.

Lots of tinned food - meats, fish, stock powders, pasta, powdered milk, sugar etc.
Got more mixed grain for the chickens.

I zeroed out all my accounts so if it hits the fan when US markets open tomorrow
I'll have nothing in my accounts to lose.

I still have to pack it away but at least I'm home and it's in the house safely.

I'm doing my monthly shopping Wednesday after Christmas.
Going to Wal*Mart getting rent money order.
My apartment complex has been sold.
Don't want new owners to have my banking information.
Strawberry items or needs:
Dog food, treats, calming chews(judgement still out on those).
But son thinks they are working.
Phone Card, anything else can wait.
Just getting bare neccessites.

I am seeing more and more info from the financial sources I follow that a recession is on it's way followed by hyperinflation. Also seeing it on more mainstream places so I'm guessing it is true. Batten down folks.
We've been watching a number of videos by Peter Schiff and he has some pretty heavy duty information on what's coming, with trillions of dollars of debt unbacked by any tangible values, we are in deep trouble, in fact the latest stock market downturn could be the beginning phase of the backlash. Being prepared as most of us here seem to be certainly goes a long way toward making it through the mess to come.

I believe that big money sold stocks to cause a panic sell. When the prices fall enough, they will simply buy more than they originally had and come out with more value than they had.
I love bear markets because I can make short term investments that pay big dividends.

It's a dumb thing to do. An emp can make it disappear, just like that. The govt can seize it just like that.
While I don't advocate buying crypto while it's high, if you have some already then it's pretty easy to convert it to physical precious metals. Apmex.com jmbullion.com and other sites accept bitcoin as payment. I'm sure there are other ways to convert crypto to something more tangible.

It's interesting to go back and look through this thread that was started almost 3 years ago. I'm feeling more nervous about the economy now that DJT is no longer POTUS. He was putting pressure on the FED and Central Banks, but now I have no idea what is going on there. Still, there are a lot of older posts here that are pretty remarkable.

I use these high risk times to push myself a little harder and keep myself pumped up for my prepping.
Yup, me too. I don't live in fear, but I do listen to my gut and try to follow it. It has served me well and hubs has seen it, so I don't get any pushback on anything I decide to buy or any financial decisions I want to make. I use the 'nervousness' to double check things and make any adjustments that need to be made.

With the FED pushing interest rates up, it just shows they are doing what they can to collapse the economy. It took off when Trump took office, right after the election actually. Hasn't hardly slowed down until these last 2 rate hikes. The FED wants it stalled big time to put more heat on Trump. If he gets an audit going on them, their house of cards will collapse really quickly.
This was all true. Who knew at the time that if they couldn't destroy DJT's economy doing what they've normally done in the past by manipulating the FED rates and stacking the stock market with BIG corporate money to swing the markets, that they had a plandemic in their back pocket?

I think DJT didn't do an audit of the FED b/c he knew it was nothing but a house of cards. I think he wanted to deflate that balloon slowly as opposed to bursting it all at once like an audit would have done. A slow deflation would be much better for the middle class than an immediate bust. Also, I believe it is Congress who has to approve the audit and since they are all controlled by the FED and Central Bank we know that an audit would be the last thing any of them would push for.

Believe me, I know it has been said for years. I also know that because nothing was fixed since the crash in 2008 that it is going to come at some point. It all is propped up. It is all fake. It is all manipulated. At some point they won't be able to stop it with fiat currency printing and buying up of crashing stocks and bonds. At some point they won't be able to hold the price of Gold and Silver down any longer. More and more countries are stepping away from trading in US dollars, more and more countries are stockpiling physical gold and silver. Why do you think that is? As more and more step away from the US dollar there is less and less confidence in it.
I think we have all seen the truth of this, especially with the recent GME stock and the rush to silver. Add to all of that, the huge stimulus packages and free unemployment money. Back then we thought our national debt was out of control at 21.5 trillion....and it was. Now, it's at a eye popping 27.8 trillion. Those numbers aren't real. There is only 2.04 trillion actual dollars of currency in circulation. OK folks, wrap your head around that! I don't think people can even fathom really how BIG that number is. I think the run on physical silver has a lot to do with middle class folks seeing the writing on the wall and trying to do something to ease the pain.

I became awoken after 2008. Once I was awoken I realized how close we came to complete devastation when everything crashed in 08. I really didn't see how bad it could have been until i became aware. It was scary when i realized that!. I am also thankful for a chance to prepare. I also think that I have been guided by God to be where I am now for the sake and well being of another. So many things fell into place once I realized what was needed and what must be done that I simply cant explain it any other way.
Seeing is believing, that's for sure. There was a good reason most of the folks I've known in my lifetime that went thru the Great Depression were frugal. Unfortunately, most of the sheeple today have forgotten what is possible. I too, am grateful for the chance to prepare and feel that God has guided my way. I just wish he'd be a little more specific for me today b/c I'm at a point that I'm not exactly sure what to do except keep on doing what I'm doing.

While saving for particular item, doing lots of research.
Is the item worth the price?
How much will it run me in the long run?
How much is the stuff it will need down the line?
Is it actually worth my time?
Effort? Money?
I do the same thing Mo. I'm just hard wired that way. I hate spending more on something than need be. It's actually difficult for me to spend since I am a saver at heart. I'll spend all day long if it's a good deal, but to just go out and shop for no real reason is hard, even though I'm at a point in my life where I can. I almost feel like it can be a curse at times like these. If I had to go out and spend all my money in very short order, I'd have a very difficult time doing it. I guess it's a good place to be, but I'd really be kicking myself to end up with a huge cash dole left unspent and unusable, which I fear is close at hand.

All this "news" is quite possibly due to folks who hold PM and PM certificates needing the courses back up and do it that you increase the desirability of these things. I generally assume whatever is the opposite of those seeded articles holds.

That being said.. of course its always good to be ready for a rainy day..
Yup. I see a lot of folks touting cryptocurrency right now. I'm not in crypto right now, but feel that maybe I should be. I think it's the only thing I don't have at least a toe into. But I don't typically like to invest in things I can't wrap my head around. Mabye I should consider it though, just to keep my bases covered. Still, I wonder if the scare right now might be fueled by those who want to push their crypto's?

The bubbles are by design. They are used to fleece the middle class of their money. They used to happen and then allow middle class recovery. Anymore they simply happen over and over in order to continue robbing the working people of everything. The plan is to destroy the middle class. two tier society, us poor folks and them. Thats why there are now laws they don't have to adhere to and no one up there is arrested.
Interesting post back then. Again, I think the GME, AMA, and NOK stocks with Robbinhood have put some light on this situation. The elites, I'm sure, are pizzed about the light being shown on their little game. It's interesting how when the little guy got the upper hand, the systems shut down and now there is talk of changing laws. Who wants to bet that those laws won't be in favor of the little guy? The elites don't want anyone, other than themselves, playing their game.

If you don't hear the thunder rumbling in the distance, take a look at bitcoin.
The hair-pulling has driven it above $40,000 today.
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/cryptocurrency/btcusd/charts?mod=mw_quote_advanced
Guess how many people are trying to shelter their cash in it? :oops:
Bitcoin used to be THE crypto currency. I see others that have entered the market too. I'm curious as to any thoughts on, not only Bitcoin, but others as well. Also, could someone enlighten me on how to buy crypto? Can you buy it with cash or is it only purchased by CC? I know you can buy it from Apmex and other PM companies with a check, but are there other ways to purchase crypto?

We don't invest in any form of currency but do try to get rady for the coming shtf as best we can in preps.I kinda agree with late George Carlon," its a club, and you ain't in it". Seeing how 'cash is trash' or soon will be and PMs are not spendable, If I invested I'd divesify and most would go into bitcoins.Just because everything is going into AI aka not really real to begin with.
Bill Gates has bought up a lot of Islands and much of our farm lands. Will he use it for energy or GMO food, don't know.
If we were younger I'd grow food but then now private property is in danger so who knows?

Ill try and remember to post a link tonight. But I just finished reading article on ZeroHedge about Henry Conagra, and others telling they are fixong to raise food cost even more than the estimated 4% it has went up the past year, food inflation. Pretty good article

I think best investments is in the preps, plan for the future just in case too but don't forget you can't eat gold or bitcoins. In other woeds I just don't know.:dunno:

I think best investments is in the preps, plan for the future just in case too but don't forget you can't eat gold or bitcoins. In other woeds I just don't know.:dunno:
Preps always come first. Pay off that roof over your head, have a good supply of food and the means to make more yourself, and be able to defend everyone and everything you have. Precious metals and other stuff should be an afterthought so you have at least something of value after the dust settles. No way no how would I barter in bad times with precious metals or ammunition.

I used to do a lot of stock trading then several years ago I lost my nerve and sold all my stocks. But with no other way to make any money on my money, I bought some stock about a week ago. Remarkably I picked correctly and the stock rose quite a bit. I sold today just before it started to dip again.
This was great and I will invest more again but sometimes I think what is the point when I truly believe at some point the "money" will be worthless? At least it gives me something to do on a snowy day.

I became awoken after 2008. Once I was awoken I realized how close we came to complete devastation when everything crashed in 08. I really didn't see how bad it could have been until i became aware. It was scary when i realized that!. I am also thankful for a chance to prepare. I also think that I have been guided by God to be where I am now for the sake and well being of another. So many things fell into place once I realized what was needed and what must be done that I simply cant explain it any other way.
The things you are writing are on the mark, we became debt free not long after an offshore conference we went to in Cancun, Mexico, wife and I had been studying economics, pretty much since we got married in 1974 but that conference really woke us up, it was expensive, but worth every dime. I tell people that when we got debt free that every dollar spent is like having a ten dollar bill, the money that we have just goes further, in large part because we talk it over and see if it's something we truly need to buy. This Covid money relief thing is incredibly expensive, I understand the first one cost $2.2 trillion and the last one was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.9 trillion, add this to the $21 trillion that went down a black hole, as in "We don't know where it went." and with the "existing debt to GDP ratio of $26.477 trillion, it adds up to around $50 + trillion. All a totally unrepayable debt that if we sold everything that had intrinsic value in this country, like farms, ranches, mines, oil wells, factories and etc. would just be a drop in the bucket. The truth is this has all come about because we are not using Constitutional money, we are using fiat money developed by the Federal Reserve Bank, a privately owned bank, we are not running this country according to the constitution, it's being run by Corporate America, people at the very top of the pyramid, people that you probably will never hear the name of, Soros is nothing to these people, he's just a minion, a tool to cause problems and he has done that to a sickening degree. I do hope and pray that all of your here are prepped or really getting going with your preps, we are basically just "Topping off" and helping friends when we can, I have a strong feeling the time to prep may be coming to an end. I just saw an add in a local shopping paper, someone had 2,000 rounds of PMC .223 ammo, $900 per 1,000 rounds. Then there's the weather issues in Texas and states east of there, I wouldn't wish that stuff on my enemies, they certainly need our prayers.

Last edited:
The things you are writing are on the mark, we became debt free not long after an offshore conference we went to in Cancun, Mexico, wife and I had been studying economics, pretty much since we got married in 1974 but that conference really woke us up, it was expensive, but worth every dime. I tell people that when we got debt free that every dollar spent is like having a ten dollar bill, the money that we have just goes further, in large part because we talk it over and see if it's something we truly need to buy. This Covid money relief thing is incredibly expensive, I understand the first one cost $2.2 trillion and the last one was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.9 trillion, add this to the $21 trillion that went down a black hole, as in "We don't know where it went." and it adds up to around $50 + trillion. All a totally unrepayable debt that if we sold everything that had intrinsic value in this country, like farms, ranches, mines, oil wells, factories and etc. would just be a drop in the bucket. The truth is this has all come about because we are not using Constitutional money, we are using fiat money developed by the Federal Reserve Bank, a privately owned bank, we are not running this country according to the constitution, it's being run by Corporate America, people at the very top of the pyramid, people that you probably will never hear the name of, Soros is nothing to these people, he's just a minion, a tool to cause problems and he has done that to a sickening degree. I do hope and pray that all of your here are prepped or really getting going with your preps, we are basically just "Topping off" and helping friends when we can, I have a strong feeling the time to prep may be coming to an end. I just saw an add in a local shopping paper, someone had 2,000 rounds of PMC .223 ammo, $900 per 1,000 rounds. Then there's the weather issues in Texas and states east of there, I wouldn't wish that stuff on my enemies, they certainly need our prayers.
I like the way you think @viking .

I have written that prepping is like combing hair. First you start with the knots and then go to a course comb and then a fine comb. Maybe even brush it out.

Getting debt free is is getting rid of the knots. Freeing ourselves of the the knots of being indentured to our creditors is the first step. When we enter into debt we promise to pay it back and are bound to fullfil that promise. We become slaves to that promise and become servants to the creditor masters.

Jesus taught that no man can serve two masters. Eventually one has to choose which master we serve when there is a conflict between the demands of conflicting masters.

Getting out of debt frees us of a master that demands payments. After doing so one becomes free to act according to our hearts. Once we are free of the the knots of debt we can move on to the course comb that let's us put our lives and preps in order.

I thank you for reading this brain dump.

Ben

I think food has already had some increases, but I'm sure that will get worse since big food companies are already signaling it. I don't notice red meat price increases much b/c we buy a cow, although I remember the price hikes folks were complaining about this past summer. Bacon, chicken, and shrimp have all gone up in the past year. As mentioned before in a different thread, the sales since Covid have been very few and paultry at best.

Fuel is also on the rise and it will kick up prices for everyone. Those delivery trucks don't run on fumes. I'm sure package delivery rates will rise again along with postal rates too. And, anyone who thinks they get free shipping is fooling themselves as those rates always get factored into the final price of anything. When people start going back to work and when summer kicks in, the demand will increase and the prices will go even higher.

I just got a notice from my internet provider.....guess what? Yup, an increase on next month's bill. At this point, it's only 2%, but I'm sure they won't stop there for long.

Propane prices are also getting jacked up and the recent cold snap isn't helping with that one bit. Yeah, and the pipeline shutdown.....well, that's not gonna help.

Property taxes are going up b/c since everyone seems to be working from home now, the city folk started buying property in our area (at stupid prices) jacking up the tax base.

I'm hard pressed to come up with anything that hasn't increased in price this past year. All the stimulus money rolling out will only make it worse. It really stinks being a saver when inflation just wants to punch you in the face. If it keeps on this track, I see PM's rising even higher in price as well.

Some food prices will likely rise due to freeze losses in Texas and other southern states. Or they will use that for an excuse.
I would worry more about gasoline and diesel.
The storm shut down all of the refineries in TX.
It takes weeks to restart them.
We can import oil and food from overseas, but not fuel.

Latest posts

Back