Lean To Pricing

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hey Yall,
I'm debating heavily , with myself about the cost of adding a Lean To shed onto the side of my shop.

My shop is a very nice pole building 30ft wide x 40 ft long.

I have been trying to find someone to build a Lean To on the side of it so I can park my Truck in it , instead of the garage.

WE only drive the truck once a month , and it is a big truck , and takes up so much space in the garage.

SO, I been searching for someone for a year.(that could build it in this century)

Got this guy out yesterday, 53 yrs old,
Does this on the side , just a nice guy.

So he calls me and gives me his price.

I buy all the materials, have there, he comes on Monday morning, 5 days he says he is finished .....everything just like I want it, all by himself.

The materials I have priced at my local lumber yard... comes to $1300, for screw, lumber, metal, quickrete,......everything.

He wants $1500 to build it,

5 days, 8 hrs a day , thats $37.50/hr.

I got to call this morning and tell him ok, or not, and have the materials delivered.

Is that a fair price?

Jim

It has been a while since I had my garage built, but I believe it sounds very fair. Others may think otherwise.

More than 10 years ago I had a 2 car + shop space garage built. Ground prep, concrete prep frame, concrete pour, cure time. One day, a package of lumber was delivered about the time I headed out to work, about 6:30 a.m. When I got home that evening, close to 12 hours later, I had a garage, or at least framed, and sheathed. This was a 4 person crew (1 woman). Within a week, a roofer put on the shingles, an electrician did his thing, and the doors went in. I was so impressed with the builder.

Hey Yall,
I'm debating heavily , with myself about the cost of adding a Lean To shed onto the side of my shop.

My shop is a very nice pole building 30ft wide x 40 ft long.

I have been trying to find someone to build a Lean To on the side of it so I can park my Truck in it , instead of the garage.

WE only drive the truck once a month , and it is a big truck , and takes up so much space in the garage.

SO, I been searching for someone for a year.(that could build it in this century)

Got this guy out yesterday, 53 yrs old,
Does this on the side , just a nice guy.

So he calls me and gives me his price.

I buy all the materials, have there, he comes on Monday morning, 5 days he says he is finished .....everything just like I want it, all by himself.

The materials I have priced at my local lumber yard... comes to $1300, for screw, lumber, metal, quickrete,......everything.

He wants $1500 to build it,

5 days, 8 hrs a day , thats $37.50/hr.

I got to call this morning and tell him ok, or not, and have the materials delivered.

Is that a fair price?

Jim

I always ask myself would I build it for this price? And is he insured. My neighbor went to do work on a farm in Ga., cut his leg off on his own tracter he was on.
Sued the famrer for liabel and now famer is without a home.

I pay $3.50 per square ft for new home framing on a slab.

Well HB, this LeanTo is 420 sq ft
@ $3.50 sq ft = $1470.00

He wants $1500. Looks like he knows whats what.

I called and ordered the material, and called George (thats his name, can't be all bad) and he will be here Monaday morning to start digging post holes ,
Material will be here at 9am.

Should have it done by Friday evening.

I ain't a helping either....just watching.:lil guy:

Jim

Latest posts

Back