Least popular Thanksgiving foods....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may open a can of worms, no pun intended, but my least favorite Thanksgiving food is sweet potatoes. I know. A lot of people love them, and every variation of them, but they are not my cup of tea. I could eat one if I had to, and it would stay down, but they are definitely my least favorite Thanksgiving food.
What about sweet potato pie? You can get them at Wally world.

Keep the sweet potatoes but the rest of that list I love... Hate all the sorts of salads that always seem to show up like broccoli this, beans that... and all in some vinegary cream sauce... and red beets and eggs... what did those eggs do to anyone to deserve that?? 🤢

What about deviled eggs?? how say you? yaa or naa?

Love deviled eggs.
As far as green beans, my son in law tried something that was very tasty. He steamed green beans. Threw them in a pan with slivered almonds, threw a tablespoon of butter, then added a tablespoon of soy sauce. Stirred until thick and almonds were cooked. Tasted like edamame (sp) but fantastic.

Love deviled eggs.
As far as green beans, my son in law tried something that was very tasty. He steamed green beans. Threw them in a pan with slivered almonds, threw a tablespoon of butter, then added a tablespoon of soy sauce. Stirred until thick and almonds were cooked. Tasted like edamame (sp) but fantastic.
Green beans cooked in butter are not bad. Never had them with slivered almonds though. The ones I had, had something crunchy on them that looked kind of like little bits of granola.

And haaaaiiiiilll no to deviled eggs. Yuck.

This may open a can of worms, no pun intended, but my least favorite Thanksgiving food is sweet potatoes. I know. A lot of people love them, and every variation of them, but they are not my cup of tea. I could eat one if I had to, and it would stay down, but they are definitely my least favorite Thanksgiving food.
Keep the sweet potatoes but the rest of that list I love... Hate all the sorts of salads that always seem to show up like broccoli this, beans that... and all in some vinegary cream sauce... and red beets and eggs... what did those eggs do to anyone to deserve that?? 🤢

What about deviled eggs?? how say you? yaa or naa?
I like the deviled eggs I make!

I like greenbean casserole and just about anyway they can be prepared. The best I had were at a 4 star michelin restaurant. They were fresh, cooked in butter with fresh tarragon, they were so good. I've tried many times to recreate the dish to no avail. So simple yet so far above my skills.

Luv some deviled eggs also..

Love deviled eggs.
I heard that recipe from Jack on The Survival Podacst. Now here it is again, thik I'm gonna have to try it. Do you think you need to steam them first or just toss them in the skillet raw?

Nothing like home grown green beans!! I think the casserole is for people who don't eat vegetables! Ya know, cover up the taste.

One year I recall Mom making the casserole with fresh green beans and we didn't like it as much as when she used her home canned ones. Was definitly a taste and texture difference. I mean you'd think green beans are green beans but nope...

Well, not green bean casserole but green beans, bacon, and garlic... Good stuff.
Beans.jpg

I heard that recipe from Jack on The Survival Podacst. Now here it is again, thik I'm gonna have to try it. Do you think you need to steam them first or just toss them in the skillet raw?
You would need to blanch them or at least soften them up. I think they would burn before cooking enough.

Green beans almondine!

Latest posts

Back