Love my Christmas music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon! You gotta post some music or I will flood the place with TSO.gaah

That should get your blood pumping!

Nothing wrong with posting some of that! I have been thinking it would be great to create a playlist of Christmas music. My normal CPR, classical music station, has been playing Christmas music that I listen to exclusively in my car. There is very little Christmas music that I don't like. I would have to go through this thread, create a list of what has been shared, and then to figure out what hasn't been and work on that list. That is a project and worthwhile, but I am working on cleaning out closets that haven't been cleaned out in too many years, and other cleaning and purging projects.

This may have already been shared.

I have this bell made of plastic and metal, it's an old school "music box" made in Western Germany, back when Germany was still divided, lol. Not just Berlin, but Eastern & Western Germany, aye? The bell has been in our family for over half a century, and it has provided much entertainment over the decades... once you wind it up, it plays 'Silent Night' in a beautiful tinkling fashion, very pretty! It even has a trick feature (for those days) where it'll stop playing if you set it down on a flat surface... there's an automatic cutoff switch in the form of a short rod jutting from the base (see pic). I keep it dangling from the 'hutch' I inherited when I bought this home, and I wind it up whenever I'm in the mood. I just wound it now and it sounds so cool, I wish I had a way to tape it and share it... wait, maybe I can do that with my Canon cam. Here are some still shots for starters! :)

IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

Look at how the plastic has worn & weathered over the years! My family sure got its use out of this bell, lol. Looks like I need to straighten out the Christmas tree, one of the cats must have bumped it... the blasted varmints! 😒

I have this bell made of plastic and metal, it's an old school "music box" made in Western Germany, back when Germany was still divided, lol. Not just Berlin, but Eastern & Western Germany, aye? The bell has been in our family for over half a century, and it has provided much entertainment over the decades... once you wind it up, it plays 'Silent Night' in a beautiful tinkling fashion, very pretty! It even has a trick feature (for those days) where it'll stop playing if you set it down on a flat surface... there's an automatic cutoff switch in the form of a short rod jutting from the base (see pic). I keep it dangling from the 'hutch' I inherited when I bought this home, and I wind it up whenever I'm in the mood. I just wound it now and it sounds so cool, I wish I had a way to tape it and share it... wait, maybe I can do that with my Canon cam. Here are some still shots for starters! :)

View attachment 100720
View attachment 100721
View attachment 100722
View attachment 100723

Look at how the plastic has worn & weathered over the years! My family sure got its use out of this bell, lol. Looks like I need to straighten out the Christmas tree, one of the cats must have bumped it... the blasted varmints! 😒
Did you say what song it plays? My grandmother, whose parents came to the states from the Rheinland part of Germany, was a native German speaker. After being away from her parents for decades, she remembered little German, but remembered "Oh Tannenbaum" and could sing that. She, like some of us in the family, never had the best singing voice.

Thanks @Peanut , I always liked Aaron Neville..

He's so unique.

Jim
There are many videos that have been posted in this thread that are no longer available. I wonder which song you posted, @Peanut , that Aaron Neville sang? I am going through a making a list of all the songs so that I can see what I can put in a playlist, and what there is that I want to share here.

There are many videos that have been posted in this thread that are no longer available. I wonder which song you posted, @Peanut , that Aaron Neville sang? I am going through a making a list of all the songs so that I can see what I can put in a playlist, and what there is that I want to share here.
The song title in the post along with an amazon link if you wish to buy it.

I think I posted this mp3 in another thread, it belongs here. It’s a bad recording done with a cassette recorder from the 80’s. But… it means a lot to me...

The guy singing, I knew my whole life, he passed about a decade ago. :(Picked with him many times starting when i was a kid, miss those days.

This is what i grew up with... just sitting at someone's house picking.

Last edited:
This has always been my favorite, and this is a beautiful rendition.

This is one of my favorite classical pieces, and I listen to it a thousand times during Christmas, but this is vert clever. I sent it to my brother last year, so he could share it with his kids. My niece, who was in her 20's at the time said "I didn't even know there were words." My Mother ws probably rolling over in her grave.

I think I posted this mp3 in another thread, it belongs here. It’s a bad recording done with a cassette recorder from the 80’s. But… it means a lot to me, as is...

The guy singing, I knew my whole life, he passed about a decade ago. :(Picked with him many times starting when i was a kid, miss those days.

This is what i grew up with... just sitting at someone's house picking.

View attachment 120881
Who is that P? It sounds great and authentic to the attached~

I'm not really sure why I made this list, but here it is, a list of this thread, in case you want to find something on here. I can update it later. I numbered each one, but when I shared it here, the numbers disappeared!

• 1. White Christmas, Bing Crosby and more
  • 2. Deleted
  • 3, Deleted
  • 4. Comment
  • 5. White Christmas, Elvis
  • 6. Comment
  • 7. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Rockapella
  • 8. Do You Hear what I Hear, Bing Crosby
  • 9. Oh Holy Night, Bing Crosby
  • 10. Orla Fallon "Emmanuel"
  • 11. Comment
  • 12. Deleted
  • 13. Deleted
  • Little Drummer Boy
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Remember Me, Joey & Rory with Heidi Feek
  • Comment
  • Jolly Old St. Nicholas, Michael Martin Murphy
  • Deleted
  • Wizards in Christmas, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • Comment
  • Comment, Christmas in Dixie
  • Oh Holy Night, Celtic Trio and Choir
  • Mary Did you Know? Comment
  • White Christmas, duplicate to #1
  • Comment
  • Flash Mob at a mall; Silent Night, Jana Mashonee
  • What Child is This, Jana Mashonee
  • Comment
  • Deleted
  • Pretty Paper, Roy Orbison
  • Silver Bells, Jim Reeves
  • Run, Run Rudolph, Samantha Fish
  • Christmas Court Flash Mob
  • We Five Kings, Jethro Tull
  • I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
  • Flash Mob, Korea, a few songs
  • White Snow, Bluegrass, Patty Loveless
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Deleted
  • Comment
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Kenny G.
  • Unavailable
  • Comment
  • White Christmas, The Drifters
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas, Straight No Chaser
  • Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Judy Garland; Let it Snow, Dean Martin
  • Santa Baby, Eartha Kitt
  • Silent Night, Stevie Nicks
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Bing Crosby
  • Comment
  • Oh Tannenbaum
  • Please Come Home For Christmas, Aaron Neville
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Flash Mob; Please Come Home For Christmas, Aaron Neville
  • Silent Night, Jana Mashonee
  • Silver Belles, the Supremes
  • I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, The Ronettes
  • I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Deleted
  • 12 days of Christmas, Pentatonix
  • Deleted
  • Christmas in Dixie, Alabama
  • O Holy Night, Martina McBride
  • Comment
  • The 5 Browns, Sleigh Ride
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Last Christmas, Wham
  • The Twelve Pains of Christmas, Twisted Christmas; Sleigh Ride, The Ronettes
  • Christmas Time’s a Coming
  • Comment
  • Merry Christmas, Darling, The Carpenters
  • Christmas Canon, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • Comment
  • Christmas Eve, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • Snow Jazz
  • Instrumental Christmas Music
  • O Holy Night, Celtic Christmas Trio
  • New Star Shining, Gaither Vocal Band
  • Merry Christmas, Darline, The Carpenters
  • Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, Brenda Lee
  • Manhiem Steam Roller Christmas Album
  • Comment
  • O Tannenbaum, Andre Bocelli
  • Comment
  • Joy to the World Live
  • Carol of the Bells, John Williams
  • O Holy Night, sang by a 7 year old child
  • Comment
  • Please Come Home for Christmas, Aaron Neville
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Comment
  • Joy to the World
  • Feliz Navidad, Jose Feliciano
  • White Christmas, Bing Crosby
  • Comment
  • Holly in the Window
  • O Holy Night, Celtic Trio
  • Hallelujah Chorus, Silent Monks
  • A Bluegrass Christmas
  • Comment

This has always been my favorite, and this is a beautiful rendition.

Very nice!

I also like the version by Charlotte Church when she was a child (14 in this video). Church sometimes had a harsher edge, but still a nice voice. I don't know what/how she is doing now as an adult. I don't watch her anymore because she's gotten kind of ... weird. Doesn't appear to be the sweet little angel anymore.

I also like Jonathan Antoine's version. He was on the Britain Has Talent TV show. Smug snickers from the audience and judges as he came out on stage. Then he started singing and the audience reaction changed.

Jonathan Antoine - O Holy Night (Live Performance)

Very nice!

I also like the version by Charlotte Church when she was a child (14 in this video). Church sometimes had a harsher edge, but still a nice voice. I don't know what/how she is doing now as an adult. I don't watch her anymore because she's gotten kind of ... weird. Doesn't appear to be the sweet little angel anymore.

I also like Jonathan Antoine's version. He was on the Britain Has Talent TV show. Smug snickers from the audience and judges as he came out on stage. Then he started singing and the audience reaction changed.

Jonathan Antoine - O Holy Night (Live Performance)

Both are beautiful versions. I love the second verse in the Jonathan Antoine version. That, IMHO, is the true message of Christ and the theme for the season. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back