Making A Camper Out Of Our Van

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You had a school bus camper? Or a VW bus?
I have a Toyota mini van with 260k+ miles on it. It's been a lot of places. I know I shouldn't put anything into it, $$wise for camping, but have thought about it.
How much mileage does your van have and what kind of van is It?
I like what the girl did with her van, but the outside kitchen part is not the best idea unless she does something about having a roof, overhang, etc. to protect her and the food in the event of rain, etc.

I have a Toyota mini van with 260k+ miles on it. It's been a lot of places. I know I shouldn't put anything into it, $$wise for camping, but have thought about it.
I like what the girl did with her van, but the outside kitchen part is not the best idea unless she does something about having a roof, overhang, etc. to protect her and the food in the event of rain, etc.

A couple pic's of my Shorty.

2W1ZHMV.jpg

We got an old yellow school bus for $3,500 took out all the seats, Painted it white, put in insulation on walls,roof,flooring, paneling, captain chairs 'including drivers seat' toilet ,shower AC, fold out bed, cabinets,carpet, holding tanks and sound system. Top notch running condition. Had the best diesel engine a 7.3. We spent 5 years on it.

FrzwMPx.jpg

I was on Skoolie.org and got mad at hubby for working on it without any help and put it up for sale ,it was gone in 5 minutes. Girl in Colorado instantly wired me a $1000.00 dn payment. It also got 10 mi.to gal.
I sold it for $3,600 to get rid of it quick. I'm a damn fool!!!
She got my bus and drove it straight back to Colorado from N.Florida .

Last edited:

1995 with 110K mi on it. E350.

we spent our honeymoon in a van like that!! neither of us had much money.

Latest posts

Back