Mum Is The Word

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlas1too

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
well let me say i love it here in this forum
now let me say something I have been jumping around the forums I'm a member of and all I mean all should treat their forums like las vegas what happen there should stay there--I never repeat anything that is said on another forum no mater what----had to say it IMHO

Basically that's kinda how it should be, excepting great stories and stuff you feel like sharing, using good discretion.

But this particular case is a whole 'nother sack of cats.

Marlas1too, I don't believe in carrying tales between people, feuding or whatever, either. I am also maintaining my membership at other places, but am going to be more of an observer than a participant. I am also not someone who usually takes sides if I do hear something about someone that is not the best news. I do think I have a right to my own opinion and observation, I just don't have to be in the middle of it all.

I will only add what I tell my officers: everything you do or say in the public eye is public, on duty or off, in person or in writing, on social media or otherwise. If you want complete confidentially or obscurity; then do not write it down and do not speak it out loud. Once something is public, it is public.

Ah yes, what happen in Vegas, stay in Vegas, unless you get caught cheating at the tables, then every gambling establishment in the world will know, of and about you. That is also why there is a gaming commission to make sure the opposite is true. I look at forums the same. If you get caught with your sticky finger doing a naughty in a forum, then you get banned and other forums may learn about your bad habits. If a forum gets caught with their sticky fingers doing a naughty, then forum members are free to spread the word to other forums and their members.

If a person is a rapist or a child molester, I am not going to remain silent, so I don't get labeled a snitch. Response is and must be in proportion to the offense. An old TV program quote :"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." If a forum or members don't want their posted information spread, don't post to the public. if it is a Private Message, do not share with anybody, The key phrase word is Private.

My rule is: If I learn something about somebody in a private conversation, I will not discuss that information with anybody else. I am not smart enough or sensitive enough to know if or what another may or may not want others to know about. Now if I learn it in an open/ public post, then I am free to comment. JMHO

Latest posts

Back