My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to the doctor's tomorrow and I take a very important anti- nerve medication and a 3 day fentanyl patch I'm going to see if I can get an increase in strength in both.
My appetitie has gone completely and I have gone back to the shelf stable breakfast shakes.
The sad thing is the nerve pain in my right leg is too strong for me to drive now and I'll have to be asking
friends from church to drive me to the doctor's appointments and to the chemist or worse to worse use a taxi.

My lovely old neighbour drove me to the appointment and it was more worse tha I thought.
I vomited in her office because of the pain.
Just as well I chose not to drive.
Hoping they were/are able to help mitigate that pain.
Prayers and hugs
:huggs:
PS - tell nice neighbor thank you from a whole slough of us 💕

The screen of my phone got smashed on my way to hospital and it no longer takes a lot of charge anymore.
I've brought another on-line.
As some of you lot know I use my phone for not only a phone but a watch, modem as well so I can only get on the internet if the mobile phone is working.
It should turn up in the next few days.

I still can't drive at all.
So I still have to get my friends or a taxi to drive me to the doctors and the pharmacy.
That makes me so sad losing that independence.

My phone is still playing up and I checked the delivery date of the new one and it is late.

I'm trying to figure out if I had used too many pain killers you see some doctors will allow me to titrate
my medication and others I see won't.
Then other pharmacies won't allow other repeat scripts to be released because they're not in date yet.

I'm slowly working out who is who.
I am going to have to ask another friend for a lift to the doctors for more scripts.
I have to get the doctor/ chemist combination correct or I'll be wasting my friend's time
and embarrassing the heck out of me.

My phone is still playing up and I checked the delivery date of the new one and it is late.

I'm trying to figure out if I had used too many pain killers you see some doctors will allow me to titrate
Then other pharmacies won't allow other repeat scripts to be released because they're not in date yet.

I am going to have to ask another friend for a lift to the doctors for more scripts.
I have to get the doctor/ chemist combination correct or I'll be wasting my friend's time
I know it bugs you to accept rides from friends, but accept it gracefully dear. You are allowing them to show kindness & what a sad world it would be if we never had the opportunity to show kindness.
Good to hear from you. Hope the current meds are helping with the pain.
Love and hugs and always prayers.
:huggs:

As far as the pharmacy is concerned, Tank, maybe ask your doctor to include the diagnosis on the script. Here in the U.S., pharmacists have a little more leeway for pain meds when diagnosis and certain words are on the script.

I agree with Lady Locust, people need to show kindness. Accepting it helps you both.

Does anyone have a direct contact for TankGirl? And if they do, are willing to stay up late or get up early to make a call to the land down under to check on her? I haven't commented on her thread, but read it diligently, praying for relief for her every time she posts. Praying that it is a technical issue she is having and not a step in the wrong direction.

Latest posts

Back