My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My phone is still playing up and I checked the delivery date of the new one and it is late.

I'm trying to figure out if I had used too many pain killers you see some doctors will allow me to titrate
my medication and others I see won't.
Then other pharmacies won't allow other repeat scripts to be released because they're not in date yet.

I'm slowly working out who is who.
I am going to have to ask another friend for a lift to the doctors for more scripts.
I have to get the doctor/ chemist combination correct or I'll be wasting my friend's time
and embarrassing the heck out of me.

Wasn't she having trouble with her phone? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don’t think she has shared to that extent with anyone here. She is very independent (which you’ve probably gathered) and living alone, security has been a priority of hers.
Glad you commented though. When she gets back on, she’ll know 1 more person is praying for her ♥️
Does anyone have a direct contact for TankGirl? And if they do, are willing to stay up late or get up early to make a call to the land down under to check on her? I haven't commented on her thread, but read it diligently, praying for relief for her every time she posts. Praying that it is a technical issue she is having and not a step in the wrong direction.

A huge drama.
I almost died because my phone died completely along with the SIM card.
I was left screaming in the bedroom with no pain relief for over a week and luckily palliative care sent a ambulance to a welfare check. They managed to get into the house and save me and get me to the hospital screaming.to get all the right drugs.
They got the right drugs but still in a vast amount of pain but my brain is damaged and it's hard to type and talk.
My friend works in the hospital and she allowed me to use her phone so I could finally get in touch with you all. I should be getting to the larger hospital to get radiation to help kill the pain.
Very hard to get on line because I can't walk and I have brain damage but I love you all and you have been on my mind. I love you all. Tg.

A huge drama.
I was left screaming in the bedroom with no pain relief for over a week and luckily palliative care sent a ambulance to a welfare check. They managed to get into the house and save me and get me to the hospital screaming.to get all the right drugs.
They got the right drugs but still in a vast amount of pain but my brain is damaged and it's hard to type and talk.
My friend works in the hospital and she allowed me to use her phone so I could finally get in touch with you all. I should be getting to the larger hospital to get radiation to help kill the pain.
Very hard to get on line because I can't walk and I have brain damage but I love you all and you have been on my mind. I love you all. Tg.
OH Tank! So relieved to hear from you yet about in tears to read what you've experienced. Praying your pain is getting managed pronto! And ever thankful for whomever it was among the palliative care that sent the ambulance.
Huge hugs and even huge-er prayers 🙏
Much love dear friend.

A huge drama.
So very much LOVE you girl! I am so very gratefull you finally got checked up on!

That sounds like a horrible experience. I'm glad it's over now and things will be getting better. You could look into a backup for your cellphone for contacting help.

Do you have access to a medical alert system? Maybe the hospital could help with this? I'm talking about the neck pendants or wrist bracelets where you can push a button to get help.

If you have neighbors close enough, you could signal with one of those small canned air powered air horns that are popular at sporting events (popular with the people that have them that is, not with the other people in the vicinity!) Those only cost a few dollars, and maybe a neighbor could pick one up at the store for you. Even a simple whistle would carry farther than a voice screaming.

They also make outdoor mounted sirens/lights that you can turn on with a remote control. That would carry even farther since it's mounted outside.

Or maybe a second, backup, cheap prepaid cellphone?

We have prayed hard and never stopped loving you!! Praise God you are safe!! So thankful you didn't let the Devil win!! Your strength is SO AMAZING!! I am praying NOW that God gives you his grace and love to enjoy your life he has given you!! Thank you and please THANK YOUR FRIEND for getting in touch with us!!

Not sure if you are checking in T, but if you are, we’re still here praying for you 🙏. Hope they have your pain reduced and that you are feeling more comfortable 💕
Thinking about you too TG!! I feel like I am next to you in the hospital bed!! Hope the radiation has eased your pain!!

Love and prayers TG! Around here any cell phone call will go through to 911, (999 for you?), even if you don't have a contract with any carrier. Some people keep an old phone in the car or house for just such an emergency. They keep it on a charger.

Love and prayers TG! Around here any cell phone call will go through to 911, (999 for you?), even if you don't have a contract with any carrier. Some people keep an old phone in the car or house for just such an emergency. They keep it on a charger.
Thanks for the reminder. I always forget that piece of advise!

Latest posts

Back