New to the site

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK Joseph

Super Friend
Neighbor
Hello everyone, My name is Joseph and I live on a little suburban homestead in south central Alaska. Suburbs in Alaska by most standards is fairly rural. Anyways, due to recent events we are looking to leave Alaska. My family and I are not Vaccinated, nor would we ever be as it is against our religious beliefs. So basically that leaves us one mandate away from being prisoners in my own state which I refuse to be.

I have developed a few theories over the years through observation and experience in Alaska as it pertains to long term survivability and self preservation. Many people are left with the impression that Alaska is so overly abundant and so full of game that anyone could do it with a little extra effort due to the extreme weather. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have lived all over the world and there is not a single place I've seen that I can even compare to Alaska.

I could construct a small novel on the realizations I've come to over the years, however there is one strong point I would like to make that will lead me into a question for the community here.

I believe strongly that we are approaching a very difficult time in our country, in our world in general. The corruption is so rampant that I think it is safe to say, there is basically no one in government that can be trusted and is honestly looking out for the best interests of the people. Therefore, I think it is long past the time we should be looking out for one another!

See, the thing about the great north is that it always been characterized by the independent spirit. While I truly love and appreciate that spirit, I believe that spirit will not benefit us much, if at all in a time of great crisis. Many people think they will just hole up with their few years worth of supplies, lock themselves up in some safe room or something and struggle through successfully. I do not mean any offense, but I think this mindset is fairly delusional. The system that God created was one of communal farming, homesteading, sharing of responsibilities, fellowship and cooperation, even the most avid church goers these days do not live according to God's design. They warm the pews together once or twice a week and in many cases, that is the extent of a modern friendship. In other words, what we lack more than anything, which is really just a consequence of our modern lifestyle, is community.

I am looking to take my family and leave Alaska in the next 6 months. What I am looking for, what brought me to this site is a community of like minded people. I have heard of homestead communities in the past but when attempting to locate information about any of them online I come up short.

Right now we are looking at certain locations in Missouri that appear to have fairly large areas that are dedicated to the homestead lifestyle, however I'm kind of in the dark as to what it is like. There are so many things I have to add to this, just wanted to make a first introduction, let people know what we're all about and then see where it goes from there. Maybe this is a pipedream and nothing like this exists, I don't know. What I do know, is that the Amish have been doing this quite successfully for a long time. I think it's high time westerners take a cue from them because as long as we are dependent on the system, the system makes the rules, I don't much care for rules.

I appreciate everyone giving me an opportunity to introduce myself and I look forward to speaking with you all about your interesting and unique perspectives.

Joseph

Welcome from another Alaskan!

Welcome from between the borders, If you are traveling by road, I would recommend that you get into Alberta as soon as you can, While B.C. has a lot of homestead oriented people, the terrain is full of road choke points, AB is the free est province, which doesnt say much, but there are at least ways around things and big cities.

We've been here about 10 years.
Then I am bewildered as to your conclusions about Alaska. I hope you find what you are questing for.

Then I am bewildered as to your conclusions about Alaska. I hope you find what you are questing for.
Here is one of my conclusions, and I challenge you to prove me wrong. I am an avid hunter, I have hunted all over the world and never have I had to cover more ground to find animals than in Alaska. Without the ability to manufacture your own fuel, to power equipment that is absolutely necessary to get around up here, you will not make it. Even in a hint of a SHTF situation the gov will seize Alaska's fuel instantly. You can always do with a dog team, but native Alaskans did, and they regularly died of starvation before the white man came to trade. It's because 3 miles of travel through the bush here is like 10 anywhere else. There is no concentration of game, they are spread out all over. There are so many other things I could add to this. However the main concern is the betrayal of the state and federal leadership of people who choose not to vax. I don't trust them, because they are untrustworthy and I have a lot of people to look after.

As I've grown older I've realized location isn't as important as people. With the right people one can make it almost anywhere.
These are my sentiments as well. I believe I could do it on my own, but who the heck would want to? To struggle solely out of pride seems foolish to me nowadays. With a community of good people your odds of doing well in a disaster increase exponentially.

Here is one of my conclusions, and I challenge you to prove me wrong. I am an avid hunter, I have hunted all over the world and never have I had to cover more ground to find animals than in Alaska. Without the ability to manufacture your own fuel, to power equipment that is absolutely necessary to get around up here, you will not make it. Even in a hint of a SHTF situation the gov will seize Alaska's fuel instantly. You can always do with a dog team, but native Alaskans did, and they regularly died of starvation before the white man came to trade. It's because 3 miles of travel through the bush here is like 10 anywhere else. There is no concentration of game, they are spread out all over. There are so many other things I could add to this. However the main concern is the betrayal of the state and federal leadership of people who choose not to vax. I don't trust them, because they are untrustworthy and I have a lot of people to look after.
OK........hope you find what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back