New year resolutions?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think even I could keep that one, Pearl. Maybe because I am that much closer to retirement. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't another oncoming train.

Not really a New Year's Resolution but one of my favorite blessings this time of year. Dear Lord please give us all a fat wallet, and a thin waistline. And please Lord, don't get them mixed up like you did last year.

I will have to give the resolutions some thought.

I do, and the tend to have a prepping or a religious nature for me.

I don't make New Year resolutions.
Remember while you are making plans, life happens! I want to enjow every minute I have.

no thank you. For me, improving myself or correcting a fault involves daily struggle not set for a particular time period. my past resolutions have always lead to disappointment and failure. (you can laugh right here cuz I am).
It would be so nice to get more than 6 hours of sleep and I've been working on that when i can.

I don't make New Year resolutions.
Remember while you are making plans, life happens! I want to enjow every minute I have.
Me, either! I do not make New Year's resolutions. I am not all about New Years. I have gone to bed before midnight since I was in my early 20's. Blame it on getting my heart broken on a New Year's Day and that was it.

I am not traditional about all the expectations that are put on us for all the holidays and celebrations. I do participate in some, but I am not someone who gets bent out of shape about no Christmas tree, no Valentine, no turkey. My daughter is more so, especially about Thanksgiving, but not even as traditional as many people. She has had years when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she said, "Nothing. Don't buy me anything."

I don't make resolutions, but I do word of the year. My 2021 word is Flourish. Not sure if I have or not, but it's a good reminder on crummy days. Haven't really thought of 2022 word yet, it usually finds me rather than me thinking of it.

Last year this time, I was getting over covid and things were a mess. And the farm was a mess, our add on was 6 months behind, and we had only been here 5 months. Husband needed a huge amount of pampering during covid and for months afterwards. I felt unorganized and let things go, which is unlike me.
So this afternoon I got out a calendar for next year, looked up our last frost date, went through February through September and calendered when things should be seeded in ground, in the greenhouse, seeded for fall plants, etc.....So that's a start. I'm starting to think about other projects that I need to start, and they'll be calendered next. I feel better when I'm organized. Then there's the 20 lbs I'd like to lose, too.

Last year this time, I was getting over covid and things were a mess. And the farm was a mess, our add on was 6 months behind, and we had only been here 5 months. Husband needed a huge amount of pampering during covid and for months afterwards. I felt unorganized and let things go, which is unlike me.
So this afternoon I got out a calendar for next year, looked up our last frost date, went through February through September and calendered when things should be seeded in ground, in the greenhouse, seeded for fall plants, etc.....So that's a start. I'm starting to think about other projects that I need to start, and they'll be calendered next. I feel better when I'm organized. Then there's the 20 lbs I'd like to lose, too.
Seems like you've been there longer than that. I don't function when I don't have certain things organized or taken care of either.

Ha it does, doesn't it? We'd come out every 4 months for about 5 days or so. Long enough to visit and take care of mom's stuff, but not long enough to get anything done here.
But, hey...husband and I took a look around recently and it is amazing what all we have done. Never mind that a marble will roll down hill in my dining room because the floor is sloped because the house needs to be lifted on that end about 4 inches, or that the kitchen flooring is coming up. There will always be something. The place is homey and productive, but nothing to brag about, that's for sure.
Calenders will be my friend this year. I will treat my day planner like I did when I was running the school before I retired. That's my resolution.

Get our house sold, get well dug, road in and septic in at new property, plus build chicken coop and greenhouse, get solar and wind power in. No big deal. haha :D

I came.
I saw.
I forgot what I was doing.
I retraced my steps.
Now I have no idea what is going on, and I have to pee.

If I did make one, which I won't, I would probably forget it anyway.

Same as last year; lose a significant amount of weight. Significant enough that people notice. For me losing 20 pounds would be like throwing a deck chair off of the Titanic. Hoping retirement will help. Absolutely no reason not to go out and walk.

Latest posts

Back