Ohhhh that smell!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go check my music library to make sure I had all these great Lynyrd Skynyrd tunes that have been mentioned. I have them all, except for Curtis Loew. Don't know how I missed that one, so I snagged a copy. My album with it is up in the attic - wasn't going to go mess with that - so I got it off of YouTube.

I had to go check my music library to make sure I had all these great Lynyrd Skynyrd tunes that have been mentioned. I have them all, except for Curtis Loew. Don't know how I missed that one, so I snagged a copy. My album with it is up in the attic - wasn't going to go mess with that - so I got it off of YouTube.
You should go check out the Music threads. There is 2 or 3 with loads of good music. I myself have posted a ton of Skynard tunes, including some newer tunes and a bunch of B sides that never made the radio.

ZZ Top is one that is better in studio recordings than in person. I saw them in concert once. There's only three of them, then the sound was rather ... empty. Not like the multi-dubbed studio versions. Their warm up bands were Joe Cocker (he was quite the wild spaz) and Bad Company - a band nobody had really heard of yet, but they stole the show IMHO.

ZZ Top is one that is better in studio recordings than in person. I saw them in concert once. There's only three of them, then the sound was rather ... empty. Not like the multi-dubbed studio versions. Their warm up bands were Joe Cocker (he was quite the wild spaz) and Bad Company - a band nobody had really heard of yet, but they stole the show IMHO.
Bad Co is my 2nd favorite band and 8 never got a chance to see them live.
But I have to disagree with you on ZZ Top. I very saw them 5 times at various venues from large arenas, small theaters, and outdoors. The only one I was disappointed in was the outdoor show. Their concert at the Tenbesse Theater was fantastic. Black Berry Smoke opened for them and was killer.

Bad Company - a band nobody had really heard of yet, but they stole the show IMHO.

They were great in concert back in the day.

I saw ZZ Top at an outdoor venue, and it was a great show. Kenny Wayne Shepard opened, and at the time he was playing with Double Trouble (actually Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton) Stevie Ray Vaughn's old band. I think Chris Layton is still playing with KWS. Ted Nugent was next, and it was typical Ted. At the end he put an arrow through a dummy likeness of Saddam Hussein. ZZ Top closed the show. It was great. Years earlier I had seen Skynard in the same venue.

Latest posts

Back