Peanut Butter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peanut butter fudge, cookies and in those no bake chocolate oatmeal drop
cookies , yes although I don't make that stuff now that the kids are grown. Now, the only thing I use it for, is baiting mouse traps. A small jar will last a lifetime for that.
Rumor in my area, mice may not be interested in pb. Someone tried a few things and finally got a mouse when he baited his trap with brie!

Last edited:
Many of you have made and eaten these cookies. They are so easy! Many years ago, I had this recipe memorized. Not anymore, because I rarely consume sugar and rarely bake or cook things like this. One of the many things I like about this recipe is that they can be made mostly from shelf stable foods. The butter is the tricky part, but some of us have a stash in our freezer. Some have have powdered butter powder, and some have made clarified butter, which is more shelf stable.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...tter-chocolate-no-bake-cookies-recipe-2015085
Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Large pinch salt

Directions
  1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment.
  2. Bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
  3. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

I just caught 8 of the little boogers in my mouse drawer. This is the drawer they all seem to make tracks for. I use a little black plastic trap that has a bait bowl, is dead easy to set and very efficiently lethal. It has been two days since the last one bit the PB so hopefully that's it for the summer.

I just caught 8 of the little boogers in my mouse drawer. This is the drawer they all seem to make tracks for. I use a little black plastic trap that has a bait bowl, is dead easy to set and very efficiently lethal. It has been two days since the last one bit the PB so hopefully that's it for the summer.
When I was a kid, I opened a drawer in the kitchen and a mouse jumped in the air. I ran and jumped on a chair. We began setting the only trap we had, the snap type, and within a few days, we caught 13 of them. We'd be sitting in the living room and hear that trap go off. That happened a few times in an evening.

Latest posts

Back